traffic officers.

The Highway Man:

Cynic-al:

The Highway Man:
An estate car is big enough to carry our kit, but it’s not strong enough to drag accident damaged cars out of the carriageway to enable us to reopen the road.

Estate with an electric winch? :laughing:

It has been known for one of our cars to drag a LGV from the carriageway, I can’t see an estate car with an electric winch doing that :wink: We do have estate cars but they’re driven by managers and not normally used for patrol.

Ahhhhhhh so that’s what i keep seeing every day driving down the M1, i see one of those parked up at a highway agency office building thingy just off the M1, wondered what they were from the distance i am from it on the motorway, thought it was VOSA car parked up :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiley:

Guinness Man:
Occasionally I do change a wheel all depends if the driver of the vehicle passes the attitude test, we are not meant to though. If we get a puncture normally get spare wheel brought out to us and recovery to change. Unfortunately we cant please everyone all the time and like you guys we come in all the flavours some you like some you dont. Keep safe :smiley:

I didn’t know we had HATOs in West Wales? Not complaining, just surprised :open_mouth:

gardun:

Guinness Man:
Occasionally I do change a wheel all depends if the driver of the vehicle passes the attitude test, we are not meant to though. If we get a puncture normally get spare wheel brought out to us and recovery to change. Unfortunately we cant please everyone all the time and like you guys we come in all the flavours some you like some you dont. Keep safe :smiley:

I didn’t know we had HATOs in West Wales? Not complaining, just surprised :open_mouth:

May be he’s lost :question: :wink: :wink: :open_mouth:

sorry

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

coat hat TAXI :exclamation:

gardun:

Read his location again, it says West OF Wales. All us English boys are west of Wales :wink:

pecjam23:
Ahhhhhhh so that’s what i keep seeing every day driving down the M1, i see one of those parked up at a highway agency office building thingy just off the M1, wondered what they were from the distance i am from it on the motorway, thought it was VOSA car parked up :exclamation: :exclamation: :smiley:

Its a Mitsubishi Grandis, fairly nippy to drive compared to the 4x4’s, it’s got a 6 speed manual box whereas the TOV’s are automatic :wink:

The Highway Man:

gardun:

Read his location again, it says West OF Wales. All us English boys are west of Wales :wink:

Call me thick, but I always thought England was East of Wales. :open_mouth:

Or did I miss the humour■■? :confused: :confused:

Oh, and I quite like the HATO’s, they coned off the inside lane of the M6 at Keele on morning, so Rat eyes, the tyre fitter didn’t get squashed…

Kate:
Call me thick, but I always thought England was East of Wales. :open_mouth:

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: That’s why I only got a grade 5 CSE in geography at school. It’s a good job the motorway only goes up and down on my stretch of the network so it doesn’t confuse me!! :wink:

The Highway Man:

That would make him a WATO - Water Agency …

or should it be “What Ho!!” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Highway Man:

gardun:

Highwayman has a new boat and spends his time working with the coastguard to protect broken down ships :slight_smile:

Lycanthrope:
Highwayman has a new boat and spends his time working with the coastguard to protect broken down ships :slight_smile:

Let’s face it, I’m a scouser, I’m more likely to be pirating and looting broken down ships :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :sunglasses:

The Highway Man:

Lycanthrope:

Let’s face it, I’m a scouser, I’m more likely to be pirating and looting broken down ships :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :sunglasses:

you’ve had the alloys off your HATO’mobile then ? :stuck_out_tongue:

And the DVD players :wink:

bazfrombenidorm:
I must admit to finding few things as enjoyable, in a day to day driving sence, as seeing some smug Jag/Merc/Ferrari driver on the hard shoulder with car troubles. Was his suit getting wet, say it was, oh please…

Lesson learnt is don’t buy a Jag get a BMW with run flats :smiley:

The Highway Man:

now we know why you guys are parked up so much :wink:

Lycanthrope:

The Highway Man:

now we know why you guys are parked up so much :wink:

Got me bang to rights Guv!! you should work with Shrek :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

DAFMAD:
You’re gonna be buggered when you get a puncture then ? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Why? Are you going to creep up behind him when he’s bending over?
:laughing: :laughing:

Cynic-al:
Why do they need a land rover, surely an estate can carry as much stuff but be cheaper to buy and run? Still, atleast they are supporting british industry :smiley:

I’m not quite sure how when they run Mitsubishi and Toyota.

However, maybe the reason for this thread should be changed. Most people who drive BMW, Jaguar and Mercedes may be able to run a multi million pound company but would not have the common sense to change a wheel, maybe it should be made part of the driving test. :bulb:

god almighty,you all seem to miss the point of my post. Its irevelent what the guy drives, you can pickup a jag for 1500 quid, the point im making is that whilst he’s broken down with two highways personel standing there looking into space whilst he can’t figure out how to use a jack ect, you now got the rest of the traffic on the motorway looking and not paying attention and interestingly most traffic on the motorway doesn’t anyway.so you need to get this guy on his way cause looking at this sorry scene has the Potential of causing a pile up.
So the traffic officer should help, if he’s got a spare and a jack the i my self can’t see a problem. If you can’t help because of health and safety issues then your a waste of tax payers money. oh and by the way greg as senior member you should know that a motorist is’nt allowed to stop on the hard shoulder unless it’s an emergency, helping another motorist could result in prosecution, how ever if it was a women with a child id take the risk. so the sad awful truth is yes they are a waste of tax payers money cause maybe their hands are tied.
This sums up the motorway network a Biblical overcrowded nightmare that successive govements have failed to address, i mean when was the last time you took notice of a matrix sign " animals in the road" yes there are animals in the road but they haven’t got four legs.

Johnny english pants, it has all been done before, it is a pity the search facility is still a bit lacking, there are some cracking threads about wombles and wannabe coppers :smiley:

I think we have become blasé about it :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
Johnny english pants, it has all been done before, it is a pity the search facility is still a bit lacking, there are some cracking threads about wombles and wannabe coppers :smiley:

I think we have become blasé about it :laughing:

I’m no wannabee copper! I spent 7 years in the Royal Military Police, I took this job because I like helping people, not because I get a uniform and want to look like a copper, which I don’t. Johnny, have you ever spoken to a Traffic Officer to see what makes when tick or are you going on the normal vitriolic BS that gets spouted week in, week out. Because basically it’s getting a bit boring now!