Traffic lights on roundabouts at night

They really grind my gears! 2 o’clock in the morning, nobody else is about and they still change to red!

in the days of trying to reduce carbon footprints so many main roads you end up stopped with sod all coming.

A little patience helps. I mean how long does it add to your journey?
Not worth getting wound up about.
Of course you could do what some drivers do and go through them at red.

The same with retail parks near me,lights to let people out…on my way to work sometimes the main road lights change to red to let non existent shoppers out at four in the morning. I feel for you too :slight_smile:

Junction 15 on the M40 was the one that always annoyed me. It’s not the extra time, it’s just having to stop, sometimes three times, for no good reason. I confess that at 4am I have gone through on red a few times…:slight_smile:

The roundabouts around here go red as you approach them, nothing coming the other way - and you sit there… and sit there… and they don’t bloody turn green until someone actually approaches from the other way - so the lights can go RED in their faces - which then lets you go at last. :imp: :imp: :imp:

ARRRGHHHH! :frowning:

How many of you have done this btw…

You’re at this junction in rush hour traffic - and no bugger lets you out at all.

So… I’ll get out, run across to the pelican crossing on the right, push the button, run back to my car - and pull out when the crossing’s red light stops the bloody traffic for me - no one crossing of course.

At least people still stop for the red light… :smiling_imp:

Yep. All other Countries have most Traffic Light between Mitnite and 05.00 Yellow flashing.

The vast majority of lights could/should be on amber flashing or completely off overnight and let common sense take over… although that could be risky in itself!!

Most sets of lights can be programmed to be all on red until tripped by an approaching vehicle

Have u tried putting full beam on ,some lights have sensors ? To help when road is empty

ROG:
Most sets of lights can be programmed to be all on red until tripped by an approaching vehicle

Is the answer. Forward planning (especially at that time in the morning when the roads are deserted) is the answer. On quiet roads I rarely come to a complete standstill at lights as I look for the pressure sensors and trickle over them. Makes a huge difference to your fuel economy too.

wee gordy:
Have u tried putting full beam on ,some lights have sensors ? To help when road is empty

Some Light have Acustic Sensor :bulb:

At the minute, most of the lights in Milton Keynes havnt got cameras on [emoji6]
Just saying, like. [emoji85]

the maoster:

ROG:

Is the answer. Forward planning (especially at that time in the morning when the roads are deserted) is the answer. On quiet roads I rarely come to a complete standstill at lights as I look for the pressure sensors and trickle over them. Makes a huge difference to your fuel economy too.

No, some sadistic ■■■■■■■ in our local council has programmed the lights to go to red when they detect oncoming light. There’s a certain set near me that will only stay on green if i switch my lights to sidelights just before they come into view. Otherwise as soon as your lights hits the sensor, they change to red to let the non-existent Tesco shoppers out.

:imp:

Approaching Leeds from the north just before city centre there are some traffic lights that are ALWAYS at red - near the BMW garage on the left. Used to do my head in but am just used to it now. The ones opposite caught me going though a red light, but I had always thought they were speed cameras :unamused: and slowed down a bit before trying to get though at amber. Obviously slowed down TOO much on that day.

Goldilox:
Approaching Leeds from the north just before city centre there are some traffic lights that are ALWAYS at red

I’d call that a public service! :stuck_out_tongue:

Public sermon more like

I find that flashing the main beam wakes up the sensor and the lights change for me.Most traffic lights have a box above the red light that contains a photo electric cell,the flashing “tricks” the system into changing the lights.

Santa:
I confess that at 4am I have gone through on red a few times…:slight_smile:

BURN HIM!.jpg