Tractor unit....

Starting to dig around for some traction work, local firms to me are making noies about work picking up, and want to be at the front of the Q…

Mid distance work, anything up to 44 tons, poss max 2 nights away all week…

Thinking of looking for Daf CF, Renault Premium or Volvo FH…

Basically what I could get my hands on quickly, because of our house move from Kent to Wales I have to reapply for O license (Rip off from VOSA) so would have a few weeks to sort things out…

Any thoughts advice on these units, rough fuel figures pulling curtainsiders…

Now I know I’m going to get shot down for this,but you can pick up a 05/55 plate Premium for about £12k in the back of CM.Or you can find them here:

fleetex.co.uk/tractor_6x2.asp

Why pay twice as much for the equivalent Swede,when the Premium will do the job.

Ken.

The Premium FX05 HWS is coming up for sale at Doncaster auctions on June 16th.

cva-auctions.co.uk/Doncaster … -list.aspx

Ken.

Cheers Ken,

Like the look of WX55WXR first one you come too on the list…

Some other makes on there that look good as well… :smiley:

The bumpf says it is a manual,when the interior pics tell a different story.

Ken.

Theres some good MAN XXL’s about, with decent deals to go with them or plenty of ex Stobby/Irlam DAfs.

Chatfields have loads of 105/SSC/95XF cancelled by Bulmers

Looks like I could be going for a MAN 26.430 XXL on a 55 reg from Team Valley :smiley:

zebadee:
Looks like I could be going for a MAN 26.430 XXL on a 55 reg from Team Valley :smiley:

You having another go with the big stuff John?

Paul

repton:

zebadee:

You having another go with the big stuff John?

Paul

Deffo looking into it :smiley: :sunglasses: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Passed MAN on the Valley on Friday John,and they seem to have plenty of stock in.

There are also some ex Stobby XXL MAN’s starting to appear on the market on 55 plate.

Ken.

Downton’s have got a yard full of 04 plate XF’s For Sale that they’re struggling to shift, could be worth a call…
(I can vouch for VX04 NPY, goes and pulls like a train…)

zebadee:
Theres some good MAN XXL’s about, with decent deals to go with them or plenty of ex Stobby/Irlam DAfs.

i,ve just got myself a 2007 56 plate xxl 480 from stockton, cant fault it really tho that auto box does make you a bit lazy :smiley:

chaversdad:

zebadee:

i,ve just got myself a 2007 56 plate xxl 480 from stockton, cant fault it really tho that auto box does make you a bit lazy :smiley:

Thats what I was afraid of lol. Plenty room in them and nice to drive. I’ll report back about the bed in a few weeks hopefully! :sunglasses: :smiley:

it is the best bed in a truck i have ever slept in, if only the stupid fridge idea had been done away with it would be perfect

Been using a 57 plate 440 for 9 months. Excellent motor, very driver friendly. IMO best seat, bed & mirrors around although the computer is a crock of sh…

Stan