Tractor driver fined

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … d-him.html

Caravans had better be careful then with the traffic that can build up behind them

really unfair that fine and silly,well, not really but he said it so many times thought I would add my bit to it,but seriously the tractor was doing 25 mph, did not some if not all car drivers overtake,there must have been opportunities to do so,we have all overtaken tractors in HGVs, so I am sure cars with their power could have done so.

Sounds like the sensible option would have been to have a chat with him, and ask him to pull in regularly and let the traffic past…
But we obviously don’t know all the details here! :wink:

I think that the sheep fancier has been an oik and failed the attitude test.Then the masons found the worn tyre and it went down hill from there.Its really the second vehicle that causes the tail back.If a cautious old oaf wont pass the third vehicle has to pass a car,trailer and tractor.

alamcculloch:
I think that the sheep fancier has been an oik and failed the attitude test.Then the masons found the worn tyre and it went down hill from there.Its really the second vehicle that causes the tail back.If a cautious old oaf wont pass the third vehicle has to pass a car,trailer and tractor.

Exactly that! Then the German saloon with 400bhp has a try from 5 cars back…

Didn’t know this law existed, but think the police need to get themselves onto the A614 towards Nottingham as this is a regular problem at all times of the day (would say daily these days). In fact if they make money from the fines, Nottinghamshire police could make a fortune!

For example, was stuck behind a tractor and trailer yesterday and I could hardly see the front of the queue or and couldn’t see the back (was passenger so could take time to check), but the oik in the tractor didn’t attempt to pull in anywhere and just carried on at 20mph for an estimated 8 miles. Overtaking is limited as there’s quite a lot of hilly bits, so no overtaking zones and plenty of oncoming traffic. Loads of accidents on there already from bad overtaking.

As for taking to them and asking them to play nice - I’ve known quite a few farmers in my past life and the older ones are usually fine, but the youngers don’t generally give a flying monkeys about holding anyone up, or most other road rules for that matter.

utterly bizarre, £190 fine + costs + penalty points for delaying some car drivers by about 3 minutes

Meanwhile, taxi driver hits cyclist, continues to drive for 90metres with cyclist on bonnet, hitting a few road signs on route before coming to a halt hitting a large tree and killing the cyclist; £35 fine plus 3 points telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … clist.html

farm tractor on any rd couseing traffic to tail back for long times and not giving way
should not be on the road got what they desirve
running on red paying penuts for ved no mot and pulling 40ft trailers with 16 ton tracked machines
and pulling bulk tipper trailer seen lots of them driving around

Bluey Circles:
utterly bizarre, £190 fine + costs + penalty points for delaying some car drivers by about 3 minutes

Meanwhile, taxi driver hits cyclist, continues to drive for 90metres with cyclist on bonnet, hitting a few road signs on route before coming to a halt hitting a large tree and killing the cyclist; £35 fine plus 3 points telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … clist.html

that has to be the best fulfilling and utterly satisfying post ive read on here…2 fannies with 1 stone…utter class… :smiley:

Tractor drivers around here do tend to pull in these days. The ones that don’t tend to be the Worzel Gummidge type characters, still driving clapped out Massey Fergusons, broken rear lights, obligatory crack in the cab glass, coating the road with mud. The big sideburned pipe smoking oik that goes to ploughing matches and spends ages at rallies watching those little “putt putt” engines pumping water between two tin baths.

dieseldog999:

Bluey Circles:

that has to be the best fulfilling and utterly satisfying post ive read on here…2 fannies with 1 stone…utter class… :smiley:

Wooooah, think your going to need more than a tin hat for that one :laughing:

Truckers complaining about tractors holding them up, how many truckers pull in to allow me in my big powerful BMW to proceed unhindered ? :slight_smile:

raymundo:
Truckers complaining about tractors holding them up, how many truckers pull in to allow me in my big powerful BMW to proceed unhindered ? :slight_smile:

Said like a BMW driver…[emoji14]

TheNewBoy:

raymundo:

Haha, and bought another today (just cant help myself)

raymundo:

TheNewBoy:

raymundo:

Does it have indicators ?

Highway Code Rule 169-

“Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass”

I always thought that the rule was-if you have more than 6 cars behind you, you need to pull into a safe place/lay by, not a driveway, junction or the verge.

If there were no lay bys or safe places in the 3 miles that Mr ‘Inbred’ Yokel held the traffic up, what could he have done ?

martinviking:

raymundo:

TheNewBoy:

raymundo:

Does it have indicators ?

They are optional extras but their to tight to spec them [emoji12]

martinviking:
Highway Code Rule 169-

“Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if you are driving a large or slow-moving vehicle. Check your mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is safe and let traffic pass”

I always thought that the rule was-if you have more than 6 cars behind you, you need to pull into a safe place/lay by, not a driveway, junction or the verge.

If there were no lay bys or safe places in the 3 miles that Mr ‘Inbred’ Yokel held the traffic up, what could he have done ?

I expect plod saw him pass a couple of laybys/field gateways and then decided to have a word. We’ve all seen tractor drivers do it.

martinviking:
Highway Code Rule 169-

When trucks where limited to 40 how many pulled up when they had 6 cars behind them