Tracker just been fitted

About 1 month ago our firm had a tracker fitted to our lorries. The said tracker monitors where I am and what I’m doing, work phoned me up once as a joke and said could you please turn the ignition off please if your on your break.
Then on Friday we got a letter and report stating how many lorries in the whole company across the country had broken speed limits. I am amazed at how this tracker can tell if I have broke any speed limits. I broke only 3 limits all was in a 40 which put our branch in 2nd place where as another branch broke 357 in 2 lorries. If only we got a bonus for this
But on the other hand I can not believe how much we are being watched it is true we soon won’t be able to go for a P, Or worse a number 2

We got Navman Wireless units fitted to our trucks last week. Its linked to the vehicle telematics, to the office can even see the engine temp, oil pressure and how hard you are driving the truck as well as fuel consumption. Its a good idea in theory, but to my mind, most of the wasted fuel is down to very poor traffic planning in the office. My mob has obviosly opted for the cheapest option available, cos the satnav is not even for trucks. It routes you based on you driving a car. Not good when you are out in a Decker!!!

Sounds like you have Masternaut fitted. Thats whats in my truck.
Like Damoq when ever questioned about extra breaks/routes/fuel consuption I just tell them if they routed me properly and didn’t take on such ■■■■ work I would do better.

Owen

I’ve never taken much notice of these gizmos for a while now. One day a guy next to me takes a call from his boss asking why is he on the ferry to Ireland? I’m not he says, well you are according to the tracker says his boss. We were sat in an rdc at Grangemouth at the time. Once he tipped he was off to holland! Why would his office think he would get on a ferry to Ireland FFS. And if they are so good why is the first question from the office usually “where are you” ?
Once worked for a boss who told the drivers that he could watch them live on his laptop via satellite so they had better not mess around! Some of them actually believed it.

keebs26uk:
About 1 month ago our firm had a tracker fitted to our lorries. The said tracker monitors where I am and what I’m doing, work phoned me up once as a joke and said could you please turn the ignition off please if your on your break.
Then on Friday we got a letter and report stating how many lorries in the whole company across the country had broken speed limits. I am amazed at how this tracker can tell if I have broke any speed limits. I broke only 3 limits all was in a 40 which put our branch in 2nd place where as another branch broke 357 in 2 lorries. If only we got a bonus for this
But on the other hand I can not believe how much we are being watched it is true we soon won’t be able to go for a P, Or worse a number 2

They can watch as much as they like, but until the tracker can drive a truck as well as i can, i don’t really care!

Slackbladder:
if they are so good why is the first question from the office usually “where are you?”

I used to get that at my old place to which I would respond “you already know where I am you’ve just checked my tracker” (it used to interfere with the radio) I am pretty sure it’s just to make sure you tell them the truth!

i love being asked where im am and i always without fail tell them im in bristol , i never tell them the answer to a question they already know .

im thinking of changing it to wrexham just to keep them on the ball :sunglasses:

Got one fitted where I was a courier, I left the day it was fitted. I ain’t being spied on.

We have them fitted, got no problem with them cause I aint got anything to hide. If our gaffer ever rings up I always tell him im at least an hour further up than I am.
I do find one good benefit is if going to a new job and I know i`m near I can, and have, rang up to be given directions in.

Has anyone ever had the type fitted where you insert a keytag into a slot, this tag identifies the driver? We used to use this system, but I found I could wind the transport office up simply by swapping tags with other drivers, or not removing the tag from my wagon and putting it into a spare motor when lorry was serviced. One day a planner spent ages searching our workshop as I was “driving” my wagon when it was actually in for service. Fitters knew what was going on and played along, yet planner never queried who the “unknown driver” on the old nail was. They actually rang me to ask where in the yard was I hiding as I wasn’t in my lorry!

i once told someone you can bypass the tracker by lining your baseball cap with tin foil never found out if he tried it :laughing: :laughing:

Our newest planner (ex teararse, “yes I’ll do it” driver) now decides for the drivers if they’ve got time to do an extra load thanks to the tracking system; He cries to TM if anyone disagrees, one reason I came off the road.
A tracker tells you such boring crap like number of gearchanges etc but doesn’t tell the planner if the site they’re sending you, mess you about and hold you up.

I heard of a gizmo that stops the tracker working but also your sat nav, I have no idea if it’s true or not

keebs26uk:
I heard of a gizmo that stops the tracker working but also your sat nav, I have no idea if it’s true or not

Blocking them is easy enough :wink:

bowser:
i love being asked where im am and i always without fail tell them im in bristol , i never tell them the answer to a question they already know .

im thinking of changing it to wrexham just to keep them on the ball :sunglasses:

I got asked where i was and if I could go back to Brimsdown I replyed with I’m already on the a120 back to Colchester. Surely they knew this

I’d rather be asked if I had time to do something, and I think the message is slowly getting across. Getting a phone call telling to go to xyz when you are just around the corner makes you realise that the call is timed too perfectly. Unfortunately the tracker can’t read your mind about if you’re about to stop here or there for fuel or a break etc.

keebs26uk:

Yes, its called a pair of wire snippers. :laughing:

dpt2011:

Slackbladder:
if they are so good why is the first question from the office usually “where are you?”

I used to get that at my old place to which I would respond “you already know where I am you’ve just checked my tracker” (it used to interfere with the radio) I am pretty sure it’s just to make sure you tell them the truth!

I just say you tell me cause i’m ■■■■■■■ lost

Whoever invented the bloody things should be dryanalled by a bull on a regular basis :smiling_imp:

robroy:
Whoever invented the bloody things should be dryanalled by a bull on a regular basis :smiling_imp:

+1^^^ I really hate those things…! :imp: