Tracker just been fitted

They can be a pain but I guess there main purpose is incase the lorry gets nicked

keebs26uk:
They can be a pain but I guess there main purpose is incase the lorry gets nicked

If that was the case then why not just get a simple gps tracker that fits anywhere on the chassis in a little pouch with magnets? Instead of the stupidly sophisticated guff that can tell how ‘well’ you’re driving.

bigvern1:
Got one fitted where I was a courier, I left the day it was fitted. I ain’t being spied on.

Hang on. The current place you’re at has trackers, we covered that in the thread about Animal’s European Tour recently…

damoq:

keebs26uk:
I heard of a gizmo that stops the tracker working but also your sat nav, I have no idea if it’s true or not

Yes, its called a pair of wire snippers. :laughing:

Gross misconduct for abuse of company safety equipment in line with lone-worker ‘stuff’

Saratoga:

bigvern1:
Got one fitted where I was a courier, I left the day it was fitted. I ain’t being spied on.

Hang on. The current place you’re at has trackers, we covered that in the thread about Animal’s European Tour recently…

Did you also see the part about my van blew up? :unamused:

bigvern1:

Saratoga:

bigvern1:

Erm no! Never mind, at least they knew where to send the firebrigade :slight_smile:

bigvern1:

Saratoga:

bigvern1:

Got a linky please Vern?

On European drivers page…My romanian experience by animal.

We’re on Masternaut.

I don’t give a flying F if they’re watching me! Do me job and then go home, what’s the problem?..

But like someone has already said though, if you need directing into somewhere, because some places we go to, you need an O/S map not an A-Z, they do ‘help’.

Once worked for a boss who told the drivers that he could watch them live on his laptop via satellite so they had better not mess around! Some of them actually believed it

I believe him . I’ve seen it working for myself :wink:

DITTO.

Ditto too

Dont really care about trackers, if you get on with your work there shouldnt be a problem. So what if you stop for a ■■■■, if your a half decent driver that gets the job done on time without smashing the outfit up their hardly going to sack you.

I wonder if the trackers have ever been used as evidence or as an excuse to sack someone due to some sort of discrepancy etc…!■■

A colleague used his midi-bus to pop to the other side of the city to goto a chippy he liked before returning with it and his food to the depot. A new driver he did not know the vehicles were tracked. Written warning for misuse of company property. It was a service bus.

Our office either weren’t watching me or didn’t give a toss that I was still on the road, and short on hours when they buggered off home leaving me to take the lorry home. This was in a day cab.

Pimpdaddy:
I wonder if the trackers have ever been used as evidence or as an excuse to sack someone due to some sort of discrepancy etc…!■■

Yes, it happened at my old place (not our branch I hasten to add) We had Masternaut fitted to the groups whole fleet (as part of the Travis takeover) and within a few weeks a driver and warehouseman were caught out by the tracker and subsequent investigation, apparently it showed him parked outside his house with the taillift down.

Good thing them trackers, funny how the drivers that arrive back at 3pm whether they had 6 drops or 26 suddenly found themselves with a fairer workload, speeding almost disappeared within a month, mpgs went up, across the group several vehicles were distributed more fairly including a VW Crafter that was only ever used to get the morning butties (our branch got that after trying to get one for years), and several trucks went off lease. As a management tool they’re fantastic. They stick a little bit of fear in the workforce. How does this help me, the driver? when it comes to wage review, surely having 45 trucks on the fleet (post tracker)as opposed to 50 (pre tracker) means more profit for the company and that in turn should mean a little more in my back pocket.

We use Dynafleet …

Is It any good ?

MADBAZ:

Pimpdaddy:

Yes, it happened at my old place (not our branch I hasten to add) We had Masternaut fitted to the groups whole fleet (as part of the Travis takeover) and within a few weeks a driver and warehouseman were caught out by the tracker and subsequent investigation, apparently it showed him parked outside his house with the taillift down.

Good thing them trackers, funny how the drivers that arrive back at 3pm whether they had 6 drops or 26 suddenly found themselves with a fairer workload, speeding almost disappeared within a month, mpgs went up, across the group several vehicles were distributed more fairly including a VW Crafter that was only ever used to get the morning butties (our branch got that after trying to get one for years), and several trucks went off lease. As a management tool they’re fantastic. They stick a little bit of fear in the workforce. How does this help me, the driver? when it comes to wage review, surely having 45 trucks on the fleet (post tracker)as opposed to 50 (pre tracker) means more profit for the company and that in turn should mean a little more in my back pocket.

I used to work for TP they had masternaught fitted.
2nd day the manager had me in the office and asked me why the lorry was idling for 3 mins on the way to a drop :unamused:

I left the next week.

And if you think you will get a bit extra in your back pocket you must be giving the boss one :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: So why was your truck idling for 3 minutes? Like I said they work :wink:

2.5% pay rise for each of the last 5 years and twice last year, speaks volumes, especially when over that period many were taking what were effectively pay cuts.