Tossco drivers

Are they limited to 25mph on SC?
met one on friday that did not go over that speed for 18miles :open_mouth:
should really change jobs if that is the only way he can get a decent wage, people like me want to finish early on a friday and enjoy there time off, work to live not live to work :wink:

Lol what a ■■■■■

yep, problem was most of the cars behind him were part of the no overtaking club and with only about 3 decent overtaking places for an artic I was ■■■■■■ :unamused: , took me nearly twice as long to do the 18miles than it usually would, I had no momentum on the hills so ended up crawling up them :imp:

I was following one on a sc last week who was going 40 but sometimes went down to 30. Didnt bother me as the limit is a max guideline not a speed you must drive at. At the end of the day we are all meant to be professional drivers yet most of you speed. I tend to stick to the speed limits as my job doesnt require me to speed & if i do get held up then so be it. I just sit back & enjoy the ride & couldnt care less if people behind me are in a rush.

Maybe its only me who sees mr 40mph, Sat at 40mph on a sc on the PHONE (in hand) I ■■■■■■■ love that one.

tyler4164:
I was following one on a sc last week who was going 40 but sometimes went down to 30. Didnt bother me as the limit is a max guideline not a speed you must drive at. At the end of the day we are all meant to be professional drivers yet most of you speed. I tend to stick to the speed limits as my job doesnt require me to speed & if i do get held up then so be it. I just sit back & enjoy the ride & couldnt care less if people behind me are in a rush.

Why? too ■■■■■■■ selfish? why not pull into a layby and let people get on with there lives? not everyone wants to spend 99% of their life in work. i am on salary so the less hours i work the more i earn, better life for me as I can spend more time doing what I want than hitting selfish drivers. If your paid by the hour pull into a layby for 20 mins and let the 5 miles of traffic pass you by that will be an extra £2.48 in your pay packet at the end of the week :wink:
plus it should be made legal for our company to charge your company for the extra fuel and wages it costs when we end up having to crawl up hills at 5-10mph because we have no momentum from you muppets who feel the need do bumble up them at 20-30mph. call yourself a proffesional when you dont give a ■■■■ about your fellow drivers :unamused: speed does not kill, stop being a sheep ffs. 9 years driving and I have broke the speed limit every day i have driven, 3 points on my licence for going through a red light :wink: just proves that speed dont kill, if it did then about 2500-3000 people should be dead by now just from my driving.

bubsy06:

tyler4164:

Why? too [zb] selfish? why not pull into a layby and let people get on with there lives? not everyone wants to spend 99% of their life in work. i am on salary so the less hours i work the more i earn, better life for me as I can spend more time doing what I want than hitting selfish drivers. If your paid by the hour pull into a layby for 20 mins and let the 5 miles of traffic pass you by that will be an extra £2.48 in your pay packet at the end of the week :wink:
plus it should be made legal for our company to charge your company for the extra fuel and wages it costs when we end up having to crawl up hills at 5-10mph because we have no momentum from you muppets who feel the need do bumble up them at 20-30mph.

Wot 'e said!!! :smiley:

tyler4164:
I just sit back & enjoy the ride & couldnt care less if people behind me are in a rush.

No problems with you enjoying your ride, but you’re a complete tw[zb]t… Inconsiderate tw[zb]t like you make everyone’s life more hassle than it has to be! I hope someone, makes your ride infinitely more uncomfortable than it currently is, and they do it on a regular basis!

:laughing:

bubsy06:
Why? too [zb] selfish? why not pull into a layby and let people get on with there lives? not everyone wants to spend 99% of their life in work. i am on salary so the less hours i work the more i earn, better life for me as I can spend more time doing what I want than hitting selfish drivers. If your paid by the hour pull into a layby for 20 mins and let the 5 miles of traffic pass you by that will be an extra £2.48 in your pay packet at the end of the week :wink:
plus it should be made legal for our company to charge your company for the extra fuel and wages it costs when we end up having to crawl up hills at 5-10mph because we have no momentum from you muppets who feel the need do bumble up them at 20-30mph. call yourself a proffesional when you dont give a [zb] about your fellow drivers :unamused: speed does not kill, stop being a sheep ffs. 9 years driving and I have broke the speed limit every day i have driven, 3 points on my licence for going through a red light :wink: just proves that speed dont kill, if it did then about 2500-3000 people should be dead by now just from my driving.

You’re as bad as the bloke that doesn’t give a toss about anyone else. You deserve each other.

Why should anyone exceed the speed limit because you want to get on with your life? Why should they risk their licence for you? Are you going to pay their mortgage if they lose their licence because you wanted them to go faster than the limit? Of course you aren’t! So stop being as much of a tw[zb]t as he is for his attitude.

I hate sitting behind a Tossco truck as much as most on here, but I can’t/ won’t criticise the driver for driving within the speed limit!

And yes, if I see that I’m holding up a long, long string of traffic, I’ll pull over and let it past. But if I choose to drive within the law, I WILL NOT exceed the legal speed limit so you can get home early. But the fact is, despite not driving for Tossco, I don’t stick to the SC legal speed limit when I think I can drive faster. I also want to get home, and the sooner the better, but if you and your attitude come up behind me, I’ll deliberately slow down to 30-35mph, just to wind you up!

If you still want to get home early, you’re welcome to overtake… Show some respect. Get some in return!

40 = fine, it’s the legal limit. I drive a trolley, never in a rush, paid by the hour blah, blah. I’ll pull over if the queue gets silly and esp if there are other trucks behind. Much less than 40 = failing to make progress. You’d fail your test for it, so therefore not professional.

Biscuits:
40 = fine, it’s the legal limit. I drive a trolley, never in a rush, paid by the hour blah, blah. I’ll pull over if the queue gets silly and esp if there are other trucks behind. Much less than 40 = failing to make progress. You’d fail your test for it, so therefore not professional.

This ^^^ is the sensible and professional response! Take note tw[zb]ts!

I’ll deliberately slow down to 30-35mph, just to wind you up!

■■■■■■!

Dunno then?:
I’ll deliberately slow down to 30-35mph, just to wind you up!

■■■■■■!

Hey ho… another “professional”… If you can’t get past a truck that has deliberately slowed down to let you past, I think it’s you who is the ■■■■■■ Mr Dunno then? Either that or maybe you need to get yer mum to start buying you the Beano again… Soon be back to school for you!

Yes, it is frustrating to be stuck behind anyone travelling slower than you want to be.
That said, there are 101 reasons why the slower vehicle might be at its speed other than the driver being a prat.
For example, it’s satellite tracked and speeding is a disciplinary offence, the load inside is fragile, it’s within a certain radius of its base and VOSA regularly visit to check speeds, there is a fuel bonus to be earned etc etc.
Driving at or below the speed limit is perfectly acceptable, though often very annoying to others and the professional driver should accept this and deal with it.
Often, the increase in journey time is more in the mind than in fact, how many times have you seen someone come flying past you on a dual carriageway, only for you to stop behind them at the next roundabout?
Or, for the benefit of the OP, how many times have you flown past someone, only to see them behind you at the next roundabout? :slight_smile:
Don’t forget, every time you are slower than another vehicle, you are causing just the same frustration to someone else.

Regards,
Nick

ncooper:
Yes, it is frustrating to be stuck behind anyone travelling slower than you want to be.
That said, there are 101 reasons why the slower vehicle might be at its speed other than the driver being a prat.
For example, it’s satellite tracked and speeding is a disciplinary offence, the load inside is fragile, it’s within a certain radius of its base and VOSA regularly visit to check speeds, there is a fuel bonus to be earned etc etc.
Driving at or below the speed limit is perfectly acceptable, though often very annoying to others and the professional driver should accept this and deal with it.
Often, the increase in journey time is more in the mind than in fact, how many times have you seen someone come flying past you on a dual carriageway, only for you to stop behind them at the next roundabout?
Or, for the benefit of the OP, how many times have you flown past someone, only to see them behind you at the next roundabout? :slight_smile:
Don’t forget, every time you are slower than another vehicle, you are causing just the same frustration to someone else.

Regards,
Nick

You’ll get nowhere here with all this common sense rubbish!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Regards,
Nick

The speed limit is 40 not ■■■■■■■ 25, i never tailgate if the driver is sticking to the speed limit, i expect them to pull over once in a while like tractors or wobble boxes, 25 mph is taking the pee, even built up areas with kids running about has a higher speed limit, why not stop in a layby for 20 minutes and drive at 40mph instead of not stopping and driving at 25mph? Surely you will earn the same wages. Also do you not give a crap that fully loaded trucks in your conga end up having to crawl up hills using ■■■■ loads of fuel because they aint got any momentum to help them up? You should try being professional and use your ■■■■■■■ mirrors, if you see a truck that looks fully loaded, pull over and let him tash on ffs, extra pennies in your pocket at the end of the day, ■■■■ knows what you will spend them on seeing as your never out of work

9 points on my licence for another 18 months you’ll sit behind me and lump it :frowning: :frowning:

Posted by a reformed speed merchant :smiley:

n17 trucker:
9 points on my licence for another 18 months you’ll sit behind me and lump it :frowning: :frowning:

Posted by a reformed speed merchant :smiley:

Haha, use your ■■■■■■■ eyes next time. Not exactly difficult to spot one of the many speed camera devices, most of them you could spot from space.