Tossco driver hits bridge and gets grassed up lol

Oh dear youtube.com/watch?v=Y8vY9ZjBCGg

Looks like a Stobart Unit! The red bit on the lower part of the drivers door!
The fella filming is a major Richard Head though! Waited for the numbtie to ■■■■ the bridge and not trying to warn the driver! :unamused:

Is that the sound of the bridge been hit or a noise from inside the car, I think its the latter

Driver is not fit out with a truck. Drives with a high viz on, hits a clearly marked bridge, then he’s all over the road attempting to reverse.

Agree with Dessy, filmer waited for the accident to happen rather than make some effort to prevent it.

That’s what kind of sad ■■■■■■■■■ are about, he knew a good few miles before the bridge, to me it seems like this fella sat there at the side of the road until a wagon passed him then started videoing !! He’s the biggest idiot In this

For the first time ever, I’ve posted on youtube. What an a***hole, just sit behind waiting for it to happen and then phoning 999. Maybe driver was stupid, but I hope someone returns the favour when mr perfect makes a mistake. :angry:

What a prick, and I’m referring to the bloke who made the video not the lorry driver, he’s just a fool :unamused:

edit: From the comments on Youtube it appears that all the previous comments were deleted about 6 days ago, so presumably he didn’t like the comments that were posted.

How can these poor people make money of YouTube clips if they are good citizens/driver’s and prevent accidents.
You see these clips more and more now especially from cyclists that put themselves in situations to blame a driver.

Driveroneuk:
Driver is not fit out with a truck. Drives with a high viz on, hits a clearly marked bridge, then he’s all over the road attempting to reverse.

Agree with Dessy, filmer waited for the accident to happen rather than make some effort to prevent it.

Yes, filmer had local knowledge of the road and did nothing to prevent an accident so I’d say his driving was most woeful.

I was prepared to cut the Tesco driver a bit of slack, as I’m not even sure he hit the bridge and obviously managed to avoid ploughing straight into it, that was until he started reversing -I’m assuming it’s not a newbie as guessing they wouldn’t let a newbie out with a decker.

Own Account Driver:
I’m assuming it’s not a newbie as guessing they wouldn’t let a newbie out with a decker.

Perhaps not that company, but when I started I had maybe 3 runs in a single before sent out with 16’ doubles, as have the other newbies, so it’s possible.

Back on topic, the guy who made that video is a first class bell. Yes the driver hit the bridge, he made a pretty big ■■■■ up, but that pales in comparison to a guy who takes some sort of pleasure in watching and waiting for it to happen. He seems really concerned after the event “Oh we better call the police”. Wouldn’t surprise me if he rubs one out watching that video when he gets bored of doing it to the vids of his sons Rugby team. Can’t really explain why it’s angered me so much, but this video goes to show what’s wrong with people in general.

Notice the helmet is an educated voice, rather than “dave down the pub”…

PX61 UKL is possibly an ESL motor, but that’s just an assumption based on them having lots of PX61’s out there.
“Which agency” however, is anyone’s guess.

They don’t seem to let agencies drive hightops at Snodland. :confused:

Ok, well, a couple of small things.

When the truck was approaching the bridge he could see it was an arch one but pulled out into the middle of the road without bothering to indicate, and there was a car ahead. Personally, I would have indicated and waited for the car ahead to pass before trying.

Not that I would try and get a double deck trailer under any 14ft bridge.

When I was delivering for Tesco they gave me the risk assessment documentation telling me which route to take, and those were for single deck trailers so surely they’d do them for double deck ones too!!!

Yes, I was working for a subbie at the time too. Don’t Stobart get that information too? Even if it’s a direct Tesco truck, the driver would have that info too. Even transiting between stores they have directions on their risk assessments.

Then again, I have inadvertently gone down a road with a low bridge in a 15ft trailer. I was given duff directions and the reverse back was interesting, albeit a tad straighter than that road. Likewise I have applied for work with Stobart who didn’t take me on as apparently my reversing skills were not up to par. It only took me 3-4 shunts to get it on a bay and my assessor was the one who took that 7.5t to London and made a few mistakes.

So, I’m sure the Driver will have an interesting few hours reversing on hazards for a few miles to get out of that. Of course,

I wonder in the worst case if someone could of been killed while walking under the bridge or after the driver hit the bridge and lost control,if that had happened the perfect driver behind should have been prosecuted for being a total prick,it does my head people like him deserve everything bad that comes to them

the guy filming is beyond contempt, he clearly wanted an incident

What a pair of low lifes, sad how some people get their kicks :imp:

I put a comment on youtube today, but it’s gone and I didn’t even swear or get offensive about the ■■■■■■■ bell end car driver… snotty little prick. There’re some more comments on there now, so I don’t s’pose it’ll be long before they’re gone as well. Who said he’s probably pulling one with that video… you’re probably right.
I can’t stand a*******s who watch and wait for some poor sod to get into a fix, even if he should have known better.

The female voice must be the driver’s sister or cousin. If not, HOW has this tool got a girlfriend?

Yes the truck driver was a numptie for going down that road and attempting to go under the bridge BUT the idiots following and filming whilst laughing to themselves need a good smack around the head by the law, ’ Driving without due care’ maybe, they are clearly able to prevent an accident, a dangerous situation at the very least.

mucker85:
The female voice must be the driver’s sister or cousin. If not, HOW has this tool got a girlfriend?

Yes the truck driver was a numptie for going down that road and attempting to go under the bridge BUT the idiots following and filming whilst laughing to themselves need a good smack around the head by the law, ’ Driving without due care’ maybe, they are clearly able to prevent an accident, a dangerous situation at the very least.

If he’s from the right social background, one will be arranged for him. :wink:

I’m thinking of those elitist types with university accents (like this guy) who are a “cut above the rest” let’s say. :stuck_out_tongue:
This is the bit where my comment on DM website gets censored out of hand! :smiling_imp:

I cant understand what pleasure people get out of someone elses misfortune…if this goes to court i would make it my buisness to find out what ■■■■ filmed me and visit him , the ammount of posts that are put on about this sort of incident beggers belief, ive never even come close to getting near a bridge…one of the first things i look at when picking a trailer up …height, theres plenty of maps and even satnavs that give low bridge warnings.

What a pair of retards.Although in her defense,dear old Paula,seems to be embarrassed ringing the peelers.Surely they would follow up on the pair of saps not trying to flash him before the incident?