Topless driving

during the past few weeks i have seen plenty of blokes driving round wearing no tops whilst driving. me too a few days ago whilst driving a ec11.
its like driving a greenhouse for a living.
does your company /boss say anything if you do this or dont they bat an eyelid :question:
we are allowed to wear shorts and t shirts but nothing less.
and come on ladies, im all for equality, if we can do it so can you :wink:

All our trucks have air con so no need for it :slight_smile:, but i think they would object to us delivering to B&Q stores with no tops on.

ITS A NO NO FOR US I’M AFFRAID :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Our comapny policy quite clearly states,no shorts,but doesn’t say anything about driving ■■■■■■■,and it doesn’t stop me from wearing shorts.

Anyhow,we too have air con in our trucks,and what a Godsend it is.

Ken.

Wear shorts but have to wear a T shirt.

We’ve had people phoning up about one of our drivers going ■■■■■■■,mind you,he wasn’t a pretty sight :open_mouth:

We have absolutely NO rules about dress though the Boss expects us to be clean etc.
I have been wearing shorts ever since the beginning of June and intend wearing them till the onset off winter. BUT one thing I do hate seeing is drivers with no shirts on. This is just a pet hate off mine… I dislike seeing guys along the street with no shirts on … even in this weather. Its great if you have a six pack etc to die for but so many of the guys you see ■■■■■■■ are blobs or scrawny lol
I wear only flip flops as well… has caused a few rows at RDC’s too… one of the advantages of fridge work is you rarely get in the back. I cannot see the point of rolling out the bunk each morning and putting jeans, socks, boots on etc purely to drive all day. This is a throwback to when all I did was European work.
So if you see a fat bugga in shorts and flip flops falling out of an Iveco cab, you will know its me :o)))

TheBear:
We have absolutely NO rules about dress though the Boss expects us to be clean etc.
I have been wearing shorts ever since the beginning of June and intend wearing them till the onset off winter. BUT one thing I do hate seeing is drivers with no shirts on. This is just a pet hate off mine… I dislike seeing guys along the street with no shirts on … even in this weather. Its great if you have a six pack etc to die for but so many of the guys you see ■■■■■■■ are blobs or scrawny lol
I wear only flip flops as well… has caused a few rows at RDC’s too… one of the advantages of fridge work is you rarely get in the back. I cannot see the point of rolling out the bunk each morning and putting jeans, socks, boots on etc purely to drive all day. This is a throwback to when all I did was European work.
So if you see a fat bugga in shorts and flip flops falling out of an Iveco cab, you will know its me :astonished:)))

i do hope you don’t wear flip flops whilst driving.as it’s not appropriate shoewear for driving.

Have a full company uniform inc boots and hi vis so am expected to wear it. He will let you wear navy blue shorts though :sunglasses: .

dave:
during the past few weeks i have seen plenty of blokes driving round wearing no tops whilst driving.
and come on ladies, im all for equality, if we can do it so can you :wink:

If I did, you’d all be laughing so much, you’d crash.
But I do wear shorts tho’ - Scary !!

The majority of the companies that I work for do not allow drivers to remove their tops, or even wear singlets. (Vests)

Two reasons.

1. In food distribution, it is not good for the company image whereby the public may get the impression that the same ‘sweaty blubber’ will come into contact with edible products. :open_mouth:

2. As a driver of ‘multi-use’ vehicles, I certainly don’t want to climb into a cab and rest my back against upholstery contaminated with someone else’s bodily discharges. :unamused:

An OD working with timber or steel. Then that is a matter for themselves. But where the public recognise a connection between what is being transported and what they will consume, then I think certain standards have to be seen to be observed.

hehe, can ya remember the sunny spell we had aaawww lets see, april/may time, well… being an agency driver and having not been told any different i took it upon myself one day to wear a bikini top under my shirt, once on the road, off it came! hehe

NOW any other [zb] drivers would be ok with the fact that a female was driving in a bikini top, on a joking side, atleast everyone was looking at the wagon (good advertisement for B&Q), anyway… another fellow employee (name witheld for legal reasons… hehe ((always wanted to say that)) anyway, he saw me and as soon as he got back to the yard reported me to the TM, who consequently called me and told me to put my top back on. My arguement was that I had never been advised of the dress code, except for hiviz and safety boots, but as i now know it won’t happen again. Also, once i got to the store i would have made myself look respectable enough to those that care to give a flying [zb].

Yeah it’s all well and good having a dress code and being professional but sometimes management just take the pizz, i’m having a bad day btw.

■■■■■■■, ladies yes of course, who am I to argue against that :laughing: :laughing: , gents without the spare tyre is ok. I dont go ■■■■■■■ myself being hairy.

ralliesport:
■■■■■■■, ladies yes of course, who am I to argue against that :laughing: :laughing: ,

It’s distracting enough driving through towns and passing lovely ladies in skimpy outfits without having lady drivers with their norks out.

Heard on Radio 2 “The m6 northbound at Keele Services has been closed for the last 2 hours because of an accident involving an HGV cos the driver was gawping at a ■■■■■■■ lady driver. The resulting tail-back is 5 miles and growing” :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:

TheBear:
So if you see a fat bugga in shorts and flip flops falling out of an Iveco cab, you will know its me :astonished:)))

i do hope you don’t wear flip flops whilst driving.as it’s not appropriate shoewear for driving.

You hope wrong then, Kitkat!!

My boss :wink: has made it a rule that all females in a company vehicle must be ■■■■■■■ no matter what the season (actually winter is normally best as there is somewhere to store your cd’s when you’ve lost the case) :open_mouth:

So ladies when entering the cab of a North Surrey Haulage vehicle you now know what to do It’s the law :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing:

Im just trying to imagine Tiggz in Safety boots, Hi Viz and a bikini :stuck_out_tongue:

I think we need pictures.

There’ll be a website somewhere that caters for that sort of look. :wink: :smiley: :sunglasses:

now thats a idea for the TruckNet uk calender for 2005

bikini clad lady truckers

we have enough female members now and i for one would buy one (now where did i put my camera) :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

jon