Richard West tipping sharp sand at Duns Tew Quarry

News flash; Muckaway currently waiting to tip at Smiths Concrete Cassington…and the coffee’s lovely :smiley:

Muckaway:
News flash; Muckaway currently waiting to tip at Smiths Concrete Cassington…and the coffee’s lovely :smiley:

Do the same as I did…tip it in the wrong bin :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pictured on Halloween, fresh back from passing it’s MOT

I drove this on Tuesday as mine was in for service; I liked it that much I asked to keep it, but request denied as it’s got to be the “new” spare (Y regs going up for sale soon).

The interior’s in great condition for a 10 year old motor with no aircon…I like the layout in these old Daf 75/85 cabs more than the CF version

Muckaway:
Pictured on Halloween, fresh back from passing it’s MOT

So this is your real motor Nathan ! No wonder your request was denied to “trade up” mate !!! How did the wee fella like the fireworks then ? Cheers Dennis.

We went out for a meal with him on Nov 5th and took him on a detour to see some…He was more interested in the cars dashboard illuminations :laughing:

This arrived yesterday…

On demo I take it? ^

I’m interested to see how it does on site because the standard FM’s are useless. I noticed two yesterday in the quarry, pulled up, turned and braked to back to the pile. Both locked their back axles as soon as the driver breathed on the brakes and both spun their wheels as they started to go back. Tyre wear must be horrific! Dunno if the FMX will be better or not.

hammer:
On demo I take it? ^

I’m interested to see how it does on site because the standard FM’s are useless. I noticed two yesterday in the quarry, pulled up, turned and braked to back to the pile. Both locked their back axles as soon as the driver breathed on the brakes and both spun their wheels as they started to go back. Tyre wear must be horrific! Dunno if the FMX will be better or not.

That ones only a 380 with an auto box so traction might be better. Theyre meant to be less complicated a bit like the Axor is to the Actros. Had a quick look in yesterday looks quite good. The bodies a bit shallower than ours so payload should be better than the new MANs…

muckaway,what do you think of these auto box’s.i am thinking they make your job a little difficult at times

curnock:
muckaway,what do you think of these auto box’s.i am thinking they make your job a little difficult at times

I gather the MAN drivers like theirs I havent spoken to the driver of the new artic but the drivers of the Daf rigids have criticized their lack of control, particularly on rough ground and slow reversing.

I’ve spoken to two drivers who tried the FMX demonstrator and they were very impressed. It’s a bit heavy at 13100, but as Tim Norridge (Workshop Manager) said to me “they’re all heavy”…

Loading muck at a house formerly the Kings Arms at Tackley

Not much room for error…

We have had bigger than that in here drive!!! :laughing:

roadcommander2:
We have had bigger than that in here drive!!! :laughing:

Yeah but that one don’t bend in the middle… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

smithsbletchington.co.uk/ind … &Itemid=55

One I’ve just found on the 'net…Roadcommander2 asked a while ago if I’d got a pic of RX06DHD; I have now :laughing:

This old girl was still on the firm when I started in the quarry; She carried half a ton more than the new MANs and was only plated at 30.4t. It went when the V reg Foden 4000s arrived and was operated by Hacketts of Standlake for a while and was last seen working in the Coventry area.