Top speed in a lorry?

i was in our old 164 580 this last week as the gearbox give up on me in my r620 although i can easly do 77mph in my r620 this is the top speed i got to last wenesday night on the m62. What was your top speed?

flat out fj.jpg

Crack on drive!! :smiley:

I Wouldn’t post that ■■■■ on here tho,there is a few who won’t like that sort of behaviour,you will be hung drawn and quartered before the night is out!! :smiley:

Are you irish

spectron:
Are you irish

Bulgarian… :wink:

I’ve had my into triple digits (mph) not downhill out of stick either, it was all on the pedal as I wasn’t limited at the time, now they’ve cut me back to 72mph the swines :laughing:

Rough guess, 77mph=3mpg, 72mph=3.5mpg??

Regards,
Nick.

a scania doesnt need 620 horses to reach 77mph, my 360 used to do it comfortably :smiley:

66mph on my limiter, and 86mph down hill here in Canada. I once went down windy hill on the M62 at about 72 or 73mph in a megaspace actross and almost [zb] myself as it felt very unstable. The thoughts of a steer tyre blowout, my own death and 25 or more tons of pickled onions smashed all over the place made me have second thoughts about trying it again!!

mikey123:
i was in our old 164 580 this last week as the gearbox give up on me in my r620 although i can easly do 77mph in my r620 this is the top speed i got to last wenesday night on the m62. What was your top speed?

top man, if you ever wan,t a job pm me.

ncooper:

Regards,
Nick.

A 1mph increase in speed decreases fuel consumption by 1/10th mpg. This is at speeds over 55mph when aerodynamics have the greatest impact on fuel use, although my truck and aerodynamics should not be used in the same sentance unless the words about as … as a barn door are also used :laughing:

mikey123:

Last week ■■ Really ■■ You must of been going about 88mph then, although that doesn’t look like a Delorean dashboard :wink: :wink:

Did you achieve time travel back to August 26th when that pic was posted on the Vosawatch facebook page ■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

^^^ thought I’d seen that pic somewhere lol. I had an Iveco eurostar flat out on a PDI (before its limiter was fitted) dunno how fast it was going but it was touching the red on the rev counter!!!

Simon

newmercman:

ncooper:

Regards,
Nick.

A 1mph increase in speed decreases fuel consumption by 1/10th mpg. This is at speeds over 55mph when aerodynamics have the greatest impact on fuel use, although my truck and aerodynamics should not be used in the same sentance unless the words about as … as a barn door are also used :laughing:

That pete does look like it was designed on a etch a sketch :smiley:

I had a foden 4465 that would hit the stop on the speedo. But 80 plus in a plastic can ain’t a great feeling.
Pre limitier 142s v8 turbo stars would probaly do over 90 depending on diff ratio.

rumour has it that my R440 gets upto 130 km/h at 1600 revs although it obviously wasn’t me driving. cough cough ahem.

Back in the sixties I used to drive an Albion 6 wheeler bulk tanker which had a top speed of 42 mph…

At the time the M1 used to end at Derby and there was a hill on which I used ( in Glasgow gear) to be able to reach 90 mph or there abouts. This was on cross ply tyres with single line air brakes and a rachet handbrake.

Our 8 wheelers used to reach approx 100 mph on the same stretch.

I was in the right hand lane and used to pass all the cars which had passed me on the climb to the hill

Peter

browncow2:

mikey123:

top man, if you ever wan,t a job pm me.

Will he get a polish name on the front of his truck? :laughing:

ive only managed 56mph :smiley:

I used to go on what I’ve lost uphill I’ll get back going downhill. Now the flashing tacho and stern words from office people have put an end to that! I was only tring to save fuel for them :exclamation: :smiley:

Used to manage 86mph in a Leyland Marathon - they were quick!

Naughty but I took this in Germany in a hire van, it was a quiet Saturday morning and I was on my way home, VW LT35 a few years ago, the rev limiter didn’t work so it just kept going, I couldn’t believe it so I took a picture (genuinely taken by me) :blush:

Might keep my head down for a while now I think!