Tomtom truck yes or no?

hello,bought one of theese tomtom truck 530 a couple of weeks ago of ebay and the thing keeps giving me routes through housing estates to get to destination, it avoids the low bridges and weight limits which is a good thing but theese narrow rds are a pain in the arse, but if i look on my atlas i can pick out the easiest and safest route for my truck withought going down theese narrow side streets, yes i have put in all weight restrictions and lenghth and height,width… igot a feeling ive bought a one with half the info for trucks after i select my profile truck.also any one else with a tomtom go 530 should the screen be showing the weight limits and bridge heights as in the pics ■■? because mine doesnt

tom bridge.png

ONE-400w.jpg

Tried setting it on Fastest or shortest route??
in my short experience with sat navs, TomTom is more likely to take you down roads you dont need to be down!
I use a Garim-Nuvi and its spot on, The other day i was in deepest rural windsor/reading and me and my mate tested his tomtom against my nuvi…The TomTom wanted to take us down narrow lanes, whilst the Nuvi was partial to sticking to main roads.

I know what i`d trust more! :wink:

Stonehouse69:
in my short experience with sat navs, TomTom is more likely to take you down roads you dont need to be down!
I use a Garim-Nuvi and its spot on, The other day i was in deepest rural windsor/reading and me and my mate tested his tomtom against my nuvi…The TomTom wanted to take us down narrow lanes, whilst the Nuvi was partial to sticking to main roads.

thanks for the quick reply mate,i have got it on the “fastes route” and i have put in 50’ length but thats the route im getting through the housing est, does yours show the restrictions as in the pics when on route?

Buy an AA Truckers atlas. Normally priced at £20 but if you go to one of those discount bookstores, (the ones that sell crap art products and low quality dvds) you can get them for around £5. The large scale of them is great for drawing on farms and new roads etc if like me you do a lot of rural jobs.

elcamino:

Stonehouse69:

thanks for the quick reply mate,i have got it on the “fastes route” and i have put in 50’ length but thats the route im getting through the housing est, does yours show the restrictions as in the pics when on route?

Yeah, its bleeps at me around 50mtres from the restriction/cameras.

The only other thing i can say is, rather than follow the given route, stick to the main route (where possible and just let the sat-nav re-plan the route.
And if you deliver/drive through the same spots more than once, you`ll build a mental on the route you need to take. Know what i mean? :unamused: (that sounded better in my head) :grimacing:

AA truckers atlas is also a good buy (if you havent already got one)

Did you buy it from a Pakistani cab driver.

phil the book:

hello phil, mr mahmood and luton!!! coincidence??

elcamino:

phil the book:

hello phil, mr mahmood and luton!!! coincidence??

Done you as well then trouble mine is of down town Karachi.

What have bought is a go530 with a hacked (not official) map so it may not have been installed or have all the truck data on it the only official unit the co e with truckmaps installed if the go7000

alix776:
What have bought is a go530 with a hacked (not official) map so it may not have been installed or have all the truck data on it the only official unit the co e with truckmaps installed if the go7000

COR!

Garman nuvi and downloaded low bridges on it spot on

phil the book:

:laughing: :laughing:

I’ve got this and its spot on!

shop.snooperdirect.com/product1110186.html

:sunglasses:

dont forget a sat nav knows that a street is “X” amount of feet wide but it dont know that there is 60 cars parked in it all the time.

Also why does everyone rely on sat nav I use mine to find the destination then confirm my route on a phillips map, choose my route then let the sat nav take me the last mile if I let it do the whole route Ill find my ■■■ in Glasgow city centre a 5pm.

redbob:

phil the book:

:laughing: :laughing:

I’ve got this and its spot on!

shop.snooperdirect.com/product1110186.html

:sunglasses:

Jason Plato uses one did,nt think he would need one just going round and round and rouzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If they are truckspecific they will do the same job I have the Tom Tom and if does the job the pronav and garmin units do the same mapdata as the snooper also the pronav comes in more than 200quid cheaper than the Tomtom

you have to disable IQ routes otherwise it takes you on taxi rat runs

I’ve just but the 530 off ebay as well mate, is it this one? Not received it yet but so will have to wait before I can test it out.

Mr B:

mine doesn’t and it says disable/enable iq route for “truck”. works for me, hasn’t as yet taken me on a dodgy route with a 16 ft tautliner or my present motor which is a car transporter, although i do use my eyes and common sense when using it :unamused:

Mr B:

The IQ routes only alters the route on programed historical information ie time of day to allow for rush hour traffic, mine is enabled and has never let me down, the screen shot on the original post don’t look like genuine Tom Tom, mine defiantly doesn’t show them (purchased from Tom Tom)

I’m using the go7000 in Europe and the only time it has steered me wrong was when there was a road closure in Dordrecht and it tried to take me into a residential zone to turn round. Apart from that it has been spot on every time.It is the official one but well worth the money .