TomTom 520 Pro

If anyone is interested, argos are doing this truck satnav for £199.99 with lifetime map updates and traffic…

I will stick to my free cracked copilot, but this might be good for some!!

hotukdeals.com/deals/tomtom … os-3268583

Really happy with mine, still prefer Google’s traffic for accuracy but it’s great at telling you exactly where the tail end of traffic is.

Paid 215 for a refurbed model so this is a good deal.

Alfa1M:

think you can get 12mths BNPL too.

Swordsy:

Alfa1M:

Only 6 months currently - the 12 month deals are for selected items only - and this isn’t one of them.

Roymondo:

Swordsy:

Alfa1M:

Only 6 months currently - the 12 month deals are for selected items only - and this isn’t one of them.

You can if you have an Argos card, it goes on the purchase price, not the item :slight_smile:

Apologies - I assumed by Buy Now Pay Later you meant an interest-free deal of some sort - ie not having to pay more than the original purchase price.

If you go the Argos card route it will only be interest-free if you pay it all off within 6 months. Pay over 12 months and not only will they sting you with an Apr of 30%, they will also backdate the interest charges to the original purchase date, resulting in your bargain £200 satnav costing you around £240…

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
Apologies - I assumed by Buy Now Pay Later you meant an interest-free deal of some sort - ie not having to pay more than the original purchase price.

If you go the Argos card route it will only be interest-free if you pay it all off within 6 months. Pay over 12 months and not only will they sting you with an Apr of 30%, they will also backdate the interest charges to the original purchase date, resulting in your bargain £200 satnav costing you around £240…

my mistake…still 6mths to pay isnt that bad, 33 quid a month, thats two hours pay for a lot of folk on here! :slight_smile:

There’s a better deal at Halfords
I had an old Pronav for years well it finally died
Got a Tomtom Go Professional 6200 wifi
List price £349.99
Online with discounts and what they call
Techsave the final price
£193.45.
Not a bad deal
Be quick it ends 29.7.19

Robertthegreat:
List price £349.99
Techsave the final price
£193.45.
Not a bad deal
Be quick it ends 29.7.19

Not necessarily a better deal - the screen is bigger (6 inch vs 5 inch), it updates via WiFi and the purchase price is 6 quid or so less, but it doesn’t have lifetime traffic included in the price, so it’s going to cost you another 50 quid every year to renew the subs…

Why do people have/pay for these when GPS is free on any 10inch tablet!
I just don’t get it :confused:

containers_only:

That rather assumes the punter already has a 10" tablet…

But if you can show me a free tablet based routing/mapping solution which includes live traffic and height/weight/width restrictions in the map data, I’d be happy to give it a try and report back on how well it works compared to a dedicated satnav.

Roymondo:

Robertthegreat:
List price £349.99
Techsave the final price
£193.45.
Not a bad deal
Be quick it ends 29.7.19

Not necessarily a better deal - the screen is bigger (6 inch vs 5 inch), it updates via WiFi and the purchase price is 6 quid or so less, but it doesn’t have lifetime traffic included in the price, so it’s going to cost you another 50 quid every year to renew the subs…

I never had map updates on the Pronav. The company closed down now and
I survived many a time i was going across fields where there is now a new road.
And for traffic updates i know where most of the short cuts around night time round closures. To me its a map in a box. The old pronav never sent me down a wrong route.but i ignored it lots of times because i knew a quicker way.
Had a quick look at it and its certainly quicker. Than my old Pronav
Looked at that copilot it £84 a year to use. And if this new one last as long as old one i will be pleased.

Robertthegreat:

Roymondo:

Robertthegreat:
List price £349.99
Techsave the final price
£193.45.
Not a bad deal
Be quick it ends 29.7.19

And for traffic updates i know where most of the short cuts around night time round closures. To me its a map in a box. The old pronav never sent me down a wrong route.but i ignored it lots of times because i knew a quicker way.
Looked at that copilot it £84 a year to use. And if this new one last as long as old one i will be pleased.

Well I took the one back Halfords for a refund after I had tried it out. It has a built in sim card for the traffic info that’s why the subscription.
I like you said £50 for subs is not good.
And bought the argos one has the same maps and you just link it to your phone. Works the same just a tad smaller screen. And life time updates which TomTom say for the life of the machine. So they could pull the plug after four or five years, like they did to other tomtom’s

Robertthegreat:

Robertthegreat:

Roymondo:

Robertthegreat:
List price £349.99
Techsave the final price
£193.45.
Not a bad deal
Be quick it ends 29.7.19

Well I took the one back Halfords for a refund after I had tried it out. It has a built in sim card for the traffic info that’s why the subscription.
I like you said £50 for subs is not good.
And bought the argos one has the same maps and you just link it to your phone. Works the same just a tad smaller screen. And life time updates which TomTom say for the life of the machine. So they could pull the plug after four or five years, like they did to other tomtom’s

The requirement to pay for an annual subscription has nothing to do with it having a built-in SIM. You can get both types (SIM built-in or data via phone) with “lifetime traffic” or with Traffic via an annual subscription. They are simply different pricing/contract models.

Roymondo:

containers_only:

But if you can show me a free tablet based routing/mapping solution which includes live traffic and height/weight/width restrictions in the map data, I’d be happy to give it a try and report back on how well it works compared to a dedicated satnav.

I got sygic truck free map updates, traffic all free

Roymondo:

containers_only:

Sygic gps truck navigation (free in google play store)

gbtransp:

Roymondo:

containers_only:

Sygic gps truck navigation (free in google play store)

Free to download, not free to use.

Roymondo:

containers_only:

Google maps. Free.
Philip’s (other brands are available) Trucker Atlas less than £10.

I really do not understand the obsession with the sat-nav needing to tell you how to avoid bridges and such.

the nodding donkey:

Roymondo:

containers_only:

Google maps. Free.
Philip’s (other brands are available) Trucker Atlas less than £10.

I really do not understand the obsession with the sat-nav needing to tell you how to avoid bridges and such.

In a similar way some might not understand the “obsession” with using a Trucker Atlas. Why not use a bog-standard AA (car) job instead…? It would be cheaper…

Roymondo:
In a similar way some might not understand the “obsession” with using a Trucker Atlas. Why not use a bog-standard AA (car) job instead…? It would be cheaper…

Because it doesn’t have bridge height and weight limits in it…