TomTom 520 Pro

^^^^^^^
Simple because that would be just stupid :unamused: , as they don’'t show bridge heights, nor does a standard cheap sat nav. :bulb:

Where as using a sat nav as a guide alongside an atlas if necessary is vastly cheaper, does away with total sat nav reliance, forcing you to use a bit of grey matter, resulting in no more ■■■■ poor drivers and mega ■■■■ ups hitting bridges.
Hope that helps. :wink:

Roymondo:

gbtransp:

Roymondo:

containers_only:
Why do people have/pay for these when GPS is free on any 10inch tablet!
I just don’t get it :confused:

That rather assumes the punter already has a 10" tablet…

But if you can show me a free tablet based routing/mapping solution which includes live traffic and height/weight/width restrictions in the map data, I’d be happy to give it a try and report back on how well it works compared to a dedicated satnav.

Sygic gps truck navigation (free in google play store)

Free to download, not free to use.

google sygic truck apk if you got rooted android it’s all free

Roymondo:

gbtransp:

Roymondo:

containers_only:

But if you can show me a free tablet based routing/mapping solution which includes live traffic and height/weight/width restrictions in the map data, I’d be happy to give it a try and report back on how well it works compared to a dedicated satnav.

free to use , and the live traffic update costs about 1GB a month, coupeled up to a Blue tooth loud speaker ,makes a great navi and hands free telephone, just remember to switch off the WIFI in Switzerland or any other non EU country

gbtransp:

Roymondo:

gbtransp:

Roymondo:

containers_only:

free to use , and the live traffic update costs about 1GB a month, coupeled up to a Blue tooth loud speaker ,makes a great navi and hands free telephone, just remember to switch off the WIFI in Switzerland or any other non EU country

Your figures differ from what Sygic say. According to them a one year licence costs 70 Euros and a sub to their live traffic service is another 10 Euros.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Sat navs. use satellite signals. Phones and tablets use the internet. There are still many areas with no internet signal.

ukjamesuk:
Sat navs. use satellite signals. Phones and tablets use the internet. There are still many areas with no internet signal.

Phones etc also use satellite signals for navigation - and offline maps stored on the phone mean you don’t need a mobile phone signal to use them for this purpose.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk