Tommy Robinson, saint or sinner?

davepenn54:
UKtramp, well I don’t apologise for having a different opinion to you, Tommy R isn’t an extremist for reporting on grooming gangs that have already been convicted for their abhorrent crimes against young British and Sikh girls who were aged from11yrs upwards, this is called ■■■■ Jihad and there isn’t a town or city in this Country that isn’t affected by this phenomenon and the causal link in all these ■■■■ gangs is the religion of peace, read their handbook and you might find out the truth and might understand just what hell our quisling parliamentarians have invited into this Country.

Do you really think that we’re dealing with an organised soldiery trying to overthrow Western/Christian society? You know, yesterday the Twin Towers, tomorrow the vulnerable girls in Rochdale children’s home?

The reality is that all you’re dealing with is degeneracy. Vulnerable young girls from bad households or institutional care, getting some time and attention from older guys, and then he says “Do you want to earn some money? Sleep with this fella and we’ll split it and go and get a pizza and smoke some weed. Your friend Stacy, she does it, it’s easy money.”, and then you’re set.

And then in some cases it will go beyond that. By time the girls are drug-addled, they’re asking for drugs on tick, and then you’ve got the pimp saying “I want my zb money, you better get to work”. Or, with the pimp having become accustomed to making money in his way, and since the girl is floating around and happy to accept generosity, and is known to have submitted before or be the type who will, he says “listen, I’ve got someone willing to pay here, get in that zb bedroom”, and backing it up with a slap or a beating when she doesn’t want to, and then ready waiting with money, gifts, or affection when its over. Some girls won’t have it at all, others will put it down to bad experience and not come back, but many will.

That’s the essential dynamic of the situation. It’s not a case of marauding gangs snatching children off the street to “wage Jihad”, it’s pimps making money from semi-forced prostitution (the amount of force no doubt varying from case to case), and girls who have got a taste for money, drink and drugs and/or who appreciate the kindness, attention, and something to do to break the boredom - in other words, girls who come into the general social circle of these men by consent, and keep doing so - and whose alternatives and outlook in life are so poor that that’s the best they can hope for.

Carryfast:

UKtramp:
my point is that there is far better people than Tommy Robinson rather than to make the problem into a hate campaign and raise suspicion.

Who exactly are you referring to as being ‘better’.May,Corbyn,Blair,Kahn etc etc ?.

Or Gerard Batten ?.If not why not ?.

Also define ‘hate campaign’.

Would you regard an end to Islamic enclaves and resulting disproportionate concentrated levels of association and influence created by those enclaves.By way of redistribution ( scattering ) of the Islamic population throughout the country including Scotland and the Scottish Isles and Northern Ireland and regarding Saudi as an enemy not a friend and Saudi backed Wahabbism as an illegal hate cult along with the removal of the right to practice Saudi backed Islam here together with demolition of its associated mosques.As being a ‘hate campaign’ ?.

The Saudi Muslims may practice their cultural rituals in their own country as that is their right and their law. It isn’t the law of this land therefore they do not practice it over here. Do we condemn the American states that still have the death penalty even though we do not? Do we condemn everyone who doesn’t follow our laws and beliefs? Perhaps we turn a blind eye to anyone who is considered our allies or at least to those who we need. Saudi for oil, Americans for Wall street, China for trade etc etc. Instead let us just attack anyone who doesn’t give us anything, start wars with those who we deem unfit and take what they have that may be useful to us but not enough to make an allie out of. Hate campaigns are evident in the middle east and especially in Syria at the moment. Take a look at Aleppo, we have completely destroyed that country and for what exactly? As for your political views, I would rather not get into that thanks, I would be simply encouraging you.

Rjan:
in other words, girls who come into the general social circle of these men by consent, and keep doing so - and whose alternatives and outlook in life are so poor that that’s the best they can hope for.

Very true and Tommy Robinson is not their saviour. He has his own agenda and this helps that out very nicely.

davepenn54:
Tommy R isn’t an extremist for reporting on grooming gangs that have already been convicted for their abhorrent crimes against young British and Sikh girls who were aged from11yrs upwards,
Regards
Dave Penn;

So in which case he isn’t actually reporting anything then is he? He is not an investigating journalist cracking any new crime ring. These low lifes are already in the judicial system and been dealt with.

Carryfast:
Oh wait not only are you happy to insult anyone who sympathises with Robinson you’ll also send then to the Gulag.While wanting carte blanche for yourself to impose your stinking Communist views.Trust me I’ve heard it all before from both sides,when Yugoslavia was in exactly this situation during the 1980’s,as it had been before from when Tito started his idiotic ‘Brotherhood and Unity’ social experiment.Which our government is now following virtually to the letter with your views being just like those of any other Communist that I’ve heard both here and there.

Don’t talk so stupid, not agreeing with Tommy Robinson’s or your views doesn’t make me into a communist. You really do twist things out of proportion and say the strangest of things.

UKtramp:

Juddian:

Nobody could disagree with you on all of those points, my point is that there is far better people than Tommy Robinson to get them in the headlines rather than to make the problem into a hate campaign and raise suspicion. It doesn’t do the victims any good what so ever. it is like having Putin speaking on your behalf.

The problem is no one is raising the issue.

Nick Griffin of BNP fame was the one who first blew the whistle nationally on this endemic child ■■■■ scandal many years ago, i forget the name of the lady involved who tried to report the issues but the police were not interested (no surprise there eh) nor were the local councils, nor the local MP’s, and at that time literally there was no one else, so Nick Griffin raised the issue and for that they prosecuted him, twice, fortunately the jury in both cases were made of sterner stuff and couldn’t be brow beaten into doing the state’s bidding and aquitted him both times.

Says something when little girls can be abandoned to scum and our police service sit back and do nothing, our councils and social services and MP’s follow suit, all protecting their precious careers.
The police even arrested fathers who tried to get their girls back, and in one superb example of Robert Peel’s finest, when they raised a house and found one drunk and naked young girl and many older men (i don’t have the right term for them) i wonder what the police did…yes they arrested the girl :unamused:

Don’t anyone ever dare say those girls were complicit, they were children, they cannot be complicit the choice is not theirs to make.
We’re not talking about a 15 year old girl and her 16 year old boyfriend here who get carried away and end up having an intimate relationship, this was grown men (though one could hardly call them men) of foul character taking advantage of and bullying and forcing themselves by ■■■■ of young girls, having no respect whatsoever for common decency.

So, you have a problem with TR, well who else would you prefer to raise these issues, because apart from the BNP (now more or less defunct), Britain First (who’s two leaders they’ve prosecuted on similar issues and jailed, hope that makes you happy) and one or two bloggers and online personalities, there is no one else.

True history will be kind to TR, the one rewritten by the state won’t be, without the likes of Nick Griffin and TR (the latter would have nothing to do with the former or his party) then just how far would things have gone, the public would not know because the MSM was complicit in the cover ups.

What you should be asking is why did the police, councils and the govt all cover up the activities of these child ■■■■ gangs for so long, and why are any of these people still in their jobs.
It says something for Rotherham electorate (and no doubt others) when they voted soon after for more of the same, but that’s what happens in a society that can no longer think for itself.

This video is Andrew Norfolk, chief investigative reporter from The Times, speaking about his long term investigations into this issue, its worth 20 minutes of anyone’s time.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMQXeCdL0WU

UKtramp:

Carryfast:
Oh wait not only are you happy to insult anyone who sympathises with Robinson you’ll also send then to the Gulag.While wanting carte blanche for yourself to impose your stinking Communist views.Trust me I’ve heard it all before from both sides,when Yugoslavia was in exactly this situation during the 1980’s,as it had been before from when Tito started his idiotic ‘Brotherhood and Unity’ social experiment.Which our government is now following virtually to the letter with your views being just like those of any other Communist that I’ve heard both here and there.

Don’t talk so stupid, not agreeing with Tommy Robinson’s or your views doesn’t make me into a communist. You really do twist things out of proportion and say the strangest of things.

What’s even more remarkable is how often I’m hearing the current Tory government referred to as “communist”!

And I was just thinking to myself in the past couple of days “I haven’t seen Carryfast mention Tito in a while”, but there we are. :laughing:

UKtramp:

muckles:
I’m sure there are far better people to make a stand than Tommy Robinson, but that’s not the point, the point is if they can silence Tommy Robinson, then they can move onto the less radical people who are also vocal in their criticism of those with the power and once they’ve dealt with them, then they can move onto us here when we criticise the government.

Also silencing extreme views doesn’t stop them, it just move them underground, which is what seems to have happened for the last few decades and now the bubbling could run of descent seems to be bubbling over. It seems to me better to allow those views to be aired and challenged, but those who have suppressed them for so long, seem to have lost the ablility to debate in a grown up manner.

I totally get your point, agree to some extent but in his case he is a difficult example to try and argue a case for him being a saint. He isn’t standing by or making any issue over anyone else being involved in these disgusting activities other than highlighting an immigrant problem. I also acknowledge there is an immigrant problem in this case but he is only out for his own agenda, not for the victims. Similar to an ambulance chasing solicitor trying to get you compensation for stubbing your toe. I am simply saying my opinion to the OP question, Tommy Robinson, Saint or Sinner. Definitely Sinner using this case for his own cause. Why not speak out in general about all who are guilty of this horrible crime?

I haven’t said Tommy Robinson is some kind of Saint, but this arrest along with his previous activities has now in the minds of many pushed him to that status, so better to let him have a platform and challenge him and those who disagree challenge him and his views, he then doesn’t become a martyr, a rallying point.

Rjan:

muckles:
Also silencing extreme views doesn’t stop them, it just move them underground, which is what seems to have happened for the last few decades and now the bubbling could run of descent seems to be bubbling over. It seems to me better to allow those views to be aired and challenged, but those who have suppressed them for so long, seem to have lost the ablility to debate in a grown up manner.

Moving his views underground wouldn’t have been a bad thing, because at least it would have meant the jury in the case underway was less likely to see his reporting.

It’s not unreasonable in an ongoing case that public reporting has to be fair and factual and reflect only the evidence submitted inside the courtroom. Any person is free to observe the proceedings themselves, and also to report what they like about the trial afterwards, so it’s not a case of public discussion being silenced or public supervision being stifled. We’ve had these traditions of justice for centuries.

So his arrest, whether it is for a legitimate reason or not, has stopped him broadcasting, but has given him a far higher exposure and status to many, hence the pages about him on here, the vast coverage on social media platforms, petitions for his release, demonstrations. When he’s released his words will carry a greater significance for a far wider audience. Do you think that is a good thing?

Juddian:
The problem is no one is raising the issue.

[…]

Says something when little girls can be abandoned to scum and our police service sit back and do nothing, our councils and social services and MP’s follow suit, all protecting their precious careers.
The police even arrested fathers who tried to get their girls back, and in one superb example of Robert Peel’s finest, when they raised a house and found one drunk and naked young girl and many older men (i don’t have the right term for them) i wonder what the police did…yes they arrested the girl :unamused:

But that’s not the true account of it, is it? The evidence shows that in fact lots of people on the ground were raising the issue - parents, carers, social workers, police officers - the issue is not that nobody knew about the issue, but that nothing was being done about it. Almost certainly what has happened since all the publicity and the reputational threats to those at the highest level, is that money has poured in for social work, and police work, and covert investigations, and so on, something that beforehand nobody would spare the resources for.

You mention about the girl who was arrested - she was arrested for drunk and disorderly. What I’d suggest in the circumstances was that she gave a great deal of stick to the police who attended. Probably because they intended, quite rightly, to remove her from the situation for her own good. And the truth is that the police were probably attending a house party with lads in their 20s, with music on, telly on, and in the context of being drunk and giddy she had probably taken her own clothes off. And when she’d sobered up in the cells and was asked “what were you doing there?”, she says “zb off and mind your own business”. And in all likelihood, as a local police officer, you’ve dealt with this girl 50 times before, and 50 others like her, and you’ve got the social workers’ numbers on speed dial.

What do you do differently?

There’s no firm evidence she was supplied with drink - she could well have shoplifted her own. There’s no evidence of ■■■■■■ activity. There’s a dozen drunk lads, none of whom are in loco parentis, and don’t have any legal obligation to try and shape her behaviour or reprimand her for mere impropriety. And you’ve got a troubled girl off the rails, who wants you out of her face.

It’s not as straightforward as just thinking everyone in the room ought to have been doing time, and the poor girl who was led astray goes home to a loving family.

Even if new laws were drafted that criminalised the situation in some way and successfully deterred the congregation of such kids with any “older men” at drunken parties, the reality is that vulnerable kids will just seek out similar people their own age to get drunk with and have ■■■ with, and do it in the woods or back alleys, because the motive to seek out friends and mutual affection and to do something interesting with your time (and to make money to fund something interesting) still remains.

And then because you’ve got kids roaming the streets and hanging around in odd places in the middle of the night, without even the faintest presence of adults, it’s not just abusive relationships you’ve got to worry about but abductions and stranger attacks (and thus the temptations and opportunities created for a different, and really far more serious, kind of criminal), or just getting drunk and choking to death on their own sick, or tripping over and smashing their heads on a kerbstone with nobody around.

Don’t anyone ever dare say those girls were complicit, they were children, they cannot be complicit the choice is not theirs to make.

But this sort of rhetoric is not helpful. The fact is that teenage girls can and do make choices. That’s not to make excuses for anyone, far from it. But it’s a very real complexity in these types of cases, in terms of coming up with a solution, when it is the abuser (or more often, some unsavoury and degenerate social circle) that has the ongoing cooperation of the victim, and the authorities do not have the cooperation of the victim at all.

We’re not talking about a 15 year old girl and her 16 year old boyfriend here who get carried away and end up having an intimate relationship, this was grown men (though one could hardly call them men) of foul character taking advantage of and bullying and forcing themselves by ■■■■ of young girls, having no respect whatsoever for common decency.

Bullying and force may be a feature of some of these cases - especially where convictions have been gained - but you’re mistaken to think that is the usual and overall character of the wider problem with troubled kids, especially institutionalised kids.

So, you have a problem with TR, well who else would you prefer to raise these issues, because apart from the BNP (now more or less defunct), Britain First (who’s two leaders they’ve prosecuted on similar issues and jailed, hope that makes you happy) and one or two bloggers and online personalities, there is no one else.

The Britain First couple were jailed for breaking the law and harassing unconnected people (I hesitate to even just use the phrase “innocent people”, because that could be taken to imply that there was rumour of wrongdoing that fell short of convictable evidence - they were actually harassing unconnected people).

If I led a mob around to your house and threw a brick through your window screaming “■■■■■■”, and yet it turned out you were no such thing, would you forgive me if I claimed to be acting “in the interests of free speech”, or would you demand that I be sent down?

True history will be kind to TR, the one rewritten by the state won’t be, without the likes of Nick Griffin and TR (the latter would have nothing to do with the former or his party) then just how far would things have gone, the public would not know because the MSM was complicit in the cover ups.

Was the MSM complicit in a cover-up? I thought it was in fact the MSM that disclosed the story, and battled the authorities that were trying to cover-up their previous inaction over the cases (but not concealment)?

What you should be asking is why did the police, councils and the govt all cover up the activities of these child ■■■■ gangs for so long, and why are any of these people still in their jobs.
It says something for Rotherham electorate (and no doubt others) when they voted soon after for more of the same, but that’s what happens in a society that can no longer think for itself.

This video is Andrew Norfolk, chief investigative reporter from The Times, speaking about his long term investigations into this issue, its worth 20 minutes of anyone’s time.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMQXeCdL0WU

Well worth a watch. And if you listen closely, you hear a picture painted about these girls lives. Stuck in slum housing rebadged as private “solo care homes”, hundreds of miles away from their home towns - presumably no established friends, no old neighbours or familiar faces, a totally unfamiliar place. And then wonder why they’re out all night drinking.

Indeed Muckles.

If the state wanted to ensure TR has a greater than ever audience, and his views listened to with increasing interest, they couldn’t have gone about it better.
If he gets seriously hurt in prison, or worse (as the system tried before to do), then they have created a figurehead who will live on forever.

Tried to keep out of this up to now, but came across this…have a look.
youtu.be/gofvIQ6f4tE

muckles:

Rjan:

muckles:

Moving his views underground wouldn’t have been a bad thing, because at least it would have meant the jury in the case underway was less likely to see his reporting.

It’s not unreasonable in an ongoing case that public reporting has to be fair and factual and reflect only the evidence submitted inside the courtroom. Any person is free to observe the proceedings themselves, and also to report what they like about the trial afterwards, so it’s not a case of public discussion being silenced or public supervision being stifled. We’ve had these traditions of justice for centuries.

So his arrest, whether it is for a legitimate reason or not, has stopped him broadcasting, but has given him a far higher exposure and status to many, hence the pages about him on here, the vast coverage on social media platforms, petitions for his release, demonstrations. When he’s released his words will carry a greater significance for a far wider audience. Do you think that is a good thing?

Indeed, but what do you do? He can’t be legally untouchable no matter what he does, simply because he has a following. Most of his followers will say that anything that the state does to prevent him whipping up a pogrom of Muslim communities, is an outrageous unjustified attack on him.

If he was being silenced for political views, or indeed for having simply told the truth on some or other matter, I’d be signing the petition myself. I actually felt a bit sorry for Nick Griffin that time when he appeared on Question Time - although at other points in the same program, I also remember cheering at the telly.

But I know why Robinson has been jailed and I’ve got no sympathy.

The real problem with the far-right like always is the economic situation, the strains and insecurities that feed into a general sense of dissatisfaction and anger. Even in this story, as much as it is about Muslims, it is also clearly about powerful authorities that “don’t listen” and “cover up” and are otherwise unresponsive, malign, and corrupt, but it’s a peculiarity of the far-right that scapegoats form the pivot against which these dissatisfactions with power are expressed, rather than confronting power directly as the left do.

robroy:
Tried to keep out of this up to now, but came across this…have a look.
youtu.be/gofvIQ6f4tE

Rob, the time for keeping out of this subject is over. If you want things to change you have to be involved. The extreme liberalism of past decades has brought us to this. The cowards have allowed many criminals to hide behind their race or religion to evade being brought to book. Police officers must stand in the dock for dereliction of their duty along with the local authorities who conspired with them to keep this hidden for decades. Jailing Tommy Robinson is a further attempt by those people to silence their critics in order that they might slip away in the dark of the night, pensions secure in their back pockets. JAIL THE REAL CRIMINALS!

Everyone has a different view on this post and has in the majority also made some very good valid and not so valid points. If one thing brings everyone to agree, it is this point, nobody can tolerate or would think that this type of behaviour and crime is anything but punishable to the highest letter of the law. However given the ethnic background of the ones who have done this and having Tommy Robinson as the speaker really doesn’t help these girls or get these low lifes the sentence that they deserve. There is another twist to this though and is regardless to the ethnic background of the traffickers and pimps. The ones “the punters” who pay the money and actually take part in this who are fuelling the pimps are equally if not more guilty than the “groomers” themselves. Are the punters all Muslim or did I see a program I recall of white British punters being involved here? All overweight middle aged white men who are paying to use these girls.This is not just an ethnic problem at all in fact they are just thrown into the spotlight because of this. You can find MPs, judges and even the charities involved. What happened about the Oxfam problem? Didn’t see Tommy Robinson on his podium there.

Andrew Norfolk’s speech was what it’s all about when outing these scum. freedom of the press is very important and we must never lose it. even though the goverment tried to curtail recently.

Rjan:

albion:
“What are we if we don’t stand up for our dignity and our culture - animals?”

So said a Syrian man that is returning to Syria after finding Germany too liberal for his liking. Programme tonight, Our World: Escaping Europe on BBC News channel, examining why people are heading back to Syria and the trade in European documents for those trying to get in.

But it struck me that anyone of us can ask that question, what are we if we don’t stand up for our values. We are all different, go to Germany and it feels different to France, to Italy. I’m no great fan of watching whatever my culture is, of fragmenting . I like the differences in us all, I want the Greeks to be idle, the Germans to be efficient etc because that marks us out as different people, with different history.

If I moved to Syria (God knows why I would), or Spain, then I need to abandon my culture in public, I need to fit in. That works in reverse. Whilst there is racism in the UK, I belive that what really makes people angry is when subsets of people decide that they want to set themselves apart and wilfully ignore their host country. When was the last time the Chinese community made demands, or the Hindus. It’s always the radical Muslims that cause trouble and make natives feel uneasy.

But that man, already a middle-aged man with a family, also voted with his feet - although he did sound both like an ingrate and naive about Western society in the circumstances. It didn’t actually state the precise nature of his objection iirc, but for someone highly conservative it could have been as simple as expecting his children to go to school or (assuming his children were girls) mingle with boys.

If you were fleeing war and found refuge in a rural Indian village, you’d certainly throw down the gauntlet if you were suddenly expected to marry your 11 year old off to “fit in” with local custom - even if you were happy to live and let live with your hosts, there are some things that are just too morally sensitive to be expected to participate in yourself. As a responsible father with a settled moral fabric, you just wouldn’t have it.

What I found more surprising was the other case, about a young fella with a skilled background, who actually had hopes and wanted to integrate but wasn’t able to, and basically said the Germans are taking care of our bodies but not our minds. That’s the real sad story.

There was no criticism of the man intended, my point was that his words could easily have been spoken by someone in Germany, England, France , who felt that their culture is being eroded. We can all go to areas of a town we know and feel as if you are in a foreign country. I’m pretty relaxed about what people do in their cultures, with a few exceptions such as FGM, we are all different. There comes a tipping point for all of us when the situation no longer feels right. For the Syrian man he’d reached his tipping point and sent back ‘home’. When you are at home though, you are a bit stuck; if you go somewhere else then you definitely are not comfortable.

tommyrobinson.online/

Rjan:
Do you really think that we’re dealing with an organised soldiery trying to overthrow Western/Christian society?

Yes. :unamused:

But it also goes a lot further than that.More like a Yugoslav Communist type plot to impose an unrepresentative Islamic influence over the country because just like Tito’s rabble the Socialists think it helps their agenda.

On that note if the choice is between believing your Socialist bs v Robinson or Batten in that regard I’d rather trust the latter thanks.

UKtramp:

No.But calling for him and by inference his sympathisers to be arrested as part of a typical Communist plot,along Yugoslav Brotherhood and Unity lines,certainly does.Also being zb liars goes with the Commy territory too.