Tom Tom Update

Got a Tom Tom you might want to up date it rather quickly

bbc.co.uk/news/amp/42859546

Got an email from them this morning,these are the affected models…
GO 750 (W7) XL 2nd Edition (RC/RI/RN/RV) XXL 530/535/540/550 SERIES
ONE 4th Edition (PC/PF/PI/PL/PO/PQ) START (XB/XD/XF/XH) EASE (XI/XJ/XK/XL)
PLUS (XN/XM) XL 4th Edition (GJ/GI/GK/GP) GO 1000 (TD/TB)
GO 1005 (SF/SB) VIA 110/130/220 VIA 120 (AN/AU/FM)
START 20/25/45/55/60 XXL CLASSIC SERIES (GQ) GO 700 (M5)
GO 630 (JB) GO 720 (M6) GO 730 (J4)
GO 740 (WR/WL) GO 750 (W4) GO I90 (DC)
ONE IQ ROUTES (P1/PS/P2/PU) ONE 140 (RED) (PM) XL 3rd Edition (R1/RS/R2/R4/RU)
GO 820 (FT) GO 825 (FY)
So only the old models,also got offered a 25% discount on a new model but I got a new one last year so don’t need to worry.

Probably got the idea from apple.

I bought my tomtom trucker last year…first and last time I buy a tomtom, it’s carp. My old snooper s2000 was better. [emoji57]

Strange that. I spent most of Sunday trying to get my TomTom satnavs to update. Couldn’t even get the MyDriveConnect page to open. Uninstalled it, reinstalled it several times and it still wouldn’t recognise either of my two Satnavs. Now it wont even open! Its there on the desktop but click the icon and nothing happens!
Im now left with two satnavs that need updating, a laptop that cant “see” either of them and a TomTom programme that wont open! :imp:

I use a garmin for the reason of lifetime map updates and traffic means just that. Garmin are the leaders in sat nav technology and customer service. Tomtom will sell off their products knowing your not going to get the support for long anyway. Disgraceful.

My £40 Noztec works wonders even doing the updates is simple

It’s not a new thing,Apple regularly stop supporting older model phones and iPads.

UKtramp:
I use a garmin for the reason of lifetime map updates and traffic means just that. Garmin are the leaders in sat nav technology and customer service. Tomtom will sell off their products knowing your not going to get the support for long anyway. Disgraceful.

Garmin sat-navs are ■■■■■■■. Tomtom not perfect but certainly better than garmin.

SuperMultiBlue:
Garmin sat-navs are ■■■■■■■. Tomtom not perfect but certainly better than garmin.

Bit of a daft statement to make, have you ever used or owned a Garmin DZl by any chance? I review and use lots of sat navs and Garmin wins most hands down, expensive for a reason.

UKtramp:

I am sorry I thought you was co pilot top salesman .

fingermissing:

UKtramp:

I use both, but prefer the Garmin by choice.

UKtramp:

fingermissing:

UKtramp:

I use both, but prefer the Garmin by choice.

Surely if your having to use 2 different sat navs that proves that neither one works suitably enough for you to rely on it solely.
I’ve used only TomTom for the last 11 years and never had the need to use anything else.

xichrisxi:
Surely if your having to use 2 different sat navs that proves that neither one works suitably enough for you to rely on it solely.
I’ve used only TomTom for the last 11 years and never had the need to use anything else.

Surely you know that I have lots of sat navs, I get sent a fair few to review, my top two are Garmin and copilot. I can use anything to be fair because I use mainly a map to check my route if I plan anything on a sat nav. Not sure of your reasoning to be right. I don’t rely on a sat nav but lets say if my map got lost then Garmin all day long. Personal preference but if you like TomTom, so what, that’s your choice. Mot in the same league as Garmin but you can equally get by with a £30 ebay special. All depends how you use them to what suits you.

Just don’t bother with the tomtom trucker! Ok, lifetime map updates is good but the weight limit avoidance at times is totally ridiculous. It seems to think the restriction is just for the first part of the road but the rest is fine so tries to send you down all sorts of weird back streets or lanes then bring you into the road further down! Also it doesn’t show the weight or height restrictions on the map like my (must be) 10 year old s2000 snooper did.
The totmtom crashes now and again too and takes forever to plan a route sometimes.
Come to think of it, did I say don’t buy a tomtom? Oh, I did did I? Well just in case you missed it, DONT BUY A TOMTOM [emoji35]

Have been reading this thread with interest. I bought the TomTom Pro 8275 and have found it pretty good so far. Tether it to my mobile and get traffic updates etc and when parked up you can use it as a tablet etc…not cheap but has done teh job so far

UKtramp:

So it’s Garmin now is it? What happened to the heaven sent CoPilot you raved on and on and on and on about? :wink:

Edit- I see this had been covered. I could go back and find all the times you said CoPilot was the best yet suddenly now Garmin is better but my bed beckons. CoPilot clearly stopped paying Trucknets top influencer :smiley:

UKtramp:

SuperMultiBlue:
Garmin sat-navs are [zb]. Tomtom not perfect but certainly better than garmin.

Bit of a daft statement to make, have you ever used or owned a Garmin DZl by any chance? I review and use lots of sat navs and Garmin wins most hands down, expensive for a reason.

Yes and it was ■■■■■■■. I hated it even before the gps failed on me.

Crap

switchlogic:

UKtramp:

So it’s Garmin now is it? What happened to the heaven sent CoPilot you raved on and on and on and on about? :wink:

Edit- I see this had been covered. I could go back and find all the times you said CoPilot was the best yet suddenly now Garmin is better but my bed beckons. CoPilot clearly stopped paying Trucknets top influencer :smiley:

Price for price, I would still say CoPilot is a clear winner for features, however Garmin especially the DZL 770 is really good, but the cost difference is not justified in my opinion. As I say, I use both and am happy with both. CoPilot downside for me is that my iphone screen is too small and my ipad is too big. The garmin 7" screen is the perfect size for me. Others may like copilot on their smart phone depending on model, screen sizes on the newer models are better than mine.

SuperMultiBlue:

UKtramp:

SuperMultiBlue:
Garmin sat-navs are [zb]. Tomtom not perfect but certainly better than garmin.

Yes and it was [zb]. I hated it even before the gps failed on me.

Crap

Personal preference, unfortunate you had one that went wrong, lots of choice with sat navs and how you use them determines which woks best for you. Your happy with tomtom others aren’t, I am happy with Garmin and others aren’t etc etc.