Toll Bridges & Roads

thanx

isle of skye toll bridge is no more…wonder what the weight limit on that is?,lol only done it in a van, heard the isle of lewis to mainland scotland ferry is a terrible price to pay for a crossing, even a car, which is £17.00 one way :unamused:

KW:

Deaks:
What about (I think) Dunham Bridge, A57 near Lincoln? Cost me all of 20p last time I used it!

That must have been a while ago!

I used it this week (didn’t even know it was there) and it cost me 80p

The charge over the dunham bridge is per wheel. Used it Thursday and cost me 70p for four axles :question: 2 + 2 pair wheels on wagon and 4 pairs of wheels on Trailor
Level of tolls

Car, or van under 10 cwt 20p
Car and 2-wheel trailer 30p
Tri-car 15p
Motorcycle 10p

Lorry Vans over 10 cwt or Coach
4 wheels 20p
6 wheels 30p
8 wheels 40p
Every extra pair of wheels (any vehicle) 10p
opsi.gov.uk/acts/locact94/Uk … .htm#sdiv2

Deaks:
What about (I think) Dunham Bridge, A57 near Lincoln? Cost me all of 20p last time I used it!

what were you driving a push bike.

Warrior:

Deaks:

a four wheeled wagon would have been 20p, 30p if it had double wheels on the rear axle(6 wheels)

David5l:

Warrior:

Deaks:

a four wheeled wagon would have been 20p, 30p if it had double wheels on the rear axle(6 wheels)

I was in a six-wheeler, but the tag axle was raised as I was running back empty… don’t know if that has any effect on the toll or not. It could well have been 30p, I remember having to ‘borrow’ 20p of my driver’s mate to pay anyway.

Simon:
The Wallasey Tunnel.

I came through there yesterday. Don’t forget, when heading north on the M53 you have to miss the viaduct over a roundabout a couple of miles before the tunnel (and presumably southbound too). Its simply a case of coming down the slip road, round the roundabout and back up onto the motorway. The signing before it isn’t that clear. As you approach, northbound, all it tells you is 3 tonne limit, come off here. It doesn’t say come straight back on, until you get to the exit off the roundabout . :blush: :blush: :unamused:

You have to do the same when heading south as well. You’re right, it’s not exactly iobvious what the procedure for wagons is! I think the weight limit is 3.5t over the flyover.

Rob K:
Yes it is, Limey, and I think it’s still 5p too! I was over that way on a visit to see my Old Dear a while ago but can’t remember how much it was exactly. It’s Portmadog by the way too :smiley: .

Did you go the A55 - A470 - A487, through Ffestiniog way? I went that way a few weeks ago and there’s no toll bridge any more, anywhere between the 55 and Portmadog town centre. As you approach Portmadog there’s a left turn which has a toll bridge on it, according to the sign before the turn - it also has a 2t weight limit. But none on the main roads.

I was somewhere near Reading possibly Sonning and came across a toll of about 20p can anyone place this ■■?

yes its the whitchurch toll bridge over the river thames it is located in pangbourne if memory serves me correct it has a 7.5tonne weight limit and has been a toll bridge for at least 100yrs i think

A477 Haverford west to Pembroke docks

all of £1.50 and you get a reciept
cars 75p

and a great view to go with it

The toll s gone off the Erskine Bridge ,it became free at the end of last month .Only discovered that today on my way up to Inverary with a 7.5 tonner loaded with wire fencing

Deaks:

David5l:

Warrior:

Deaks:

I was in a six-wheeler, but the tag axle was raised as I was running back empty… don’t know if that has any effect on the toll or not. It could well have been 30p, I remember having to ‘borrow’ 20p of my driver’s mate to pay anyway.

Still there, never ever seen it busy, suppose it must pay tho’
:unamused:

cogob:
I was somewhere near Reading possibly Sonning and came across a toll of about 20p can anyone place this ■■?

It’s Whitchurch, just outside Pangbourne.

10T weight limit

Rob K:
Yes it is, Limey, and I think it’s still 5p too! I was over that way on a visit to see my Old Dear a while ago but can’t remember how much it was exactly. It’s Portmadog by the way too :smiley: .

Used to go down there quite a bit, first time I went bown there missed my drop off had to go along that road to turn round. 5p each way. Was I embarrassed or what. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Just a comment on the Itchen bridge.

Down in Southampton on Tuesday and needed to cross the bridge. Sign was marked up at £2, only to get to the pay desk to be told it was £25. Looks like someone was messing about with the numbers!

Torpoint Ferry, Plymouth. has been upgraded so 17 tonne can cross now.
Free from Plymouth to Torpoint, £2.60 coming back.
MGW is 16 ton

Deaks:

Simon:
The Wallasey Tunnel.

I came through there yesterday. Don’t forget, when heading north on the M53 you have to miss the viaduct over a roundabout a couple of miles before the tunnel (and presumably southbound too). Its simply a case of coming down the slip road, round the roundabout and back up onto the motorway. The signing before it isn’t that clear. As you approach, northbound, all it tells you is 3 tonne limit, come off here. It doesn’t say come straight back on, until you get to the exit off the roundabout . :blush: :blush: :unamused:

You have to do the same when heading south as well. You’re right, it’s not exactly iobvious what the procedure for wagons is! I think the weight limit is 3.5t over the flyover.

Left hand lane has had that weight limit lifted now

according to TRUCK DRIVERS HANDBOOK, by David Soye,section 3.2 getting across london by bridge gives these limits:
albert bridge - no commercials
battersea - 32.5 tonnes
chelsea - 32.5 t
chertsey 32.5 t
chiswick (a316) - 254 t
hammersmith(a306) - 12.2t
hampton court(a309) - 264t
kew bridge (a205) - 81.3t
kingston (a308) -81.3t
lambeth (a3203) - 61 t
london (a3) no limit
putney (a219) - 32.5t
richmond (a305) - 32.5t
southwark (a300) - 101.6t
staines (a308) - 32.5t
tower (a100) - 5.08t unladen now 18t?
twickenham (a316) - 254t
vauxhall (a202) - 71.1t
walton (a244) - 32.5t
wandsworth (a217) - 101.6t
waterloo (a301) - 81.3t
westminster (a302) - 15.2t

dartford tunnel
max height 16ft
max spd 40mph
min spd 10mph
tolls £1.00 to £3.20?

rotherhithe tunnel
max hgt 14.9in
max wth 7.6in
max lenth : 2 axle lorry 8.4m 27ft.6in
: 3/4 axle 9.1m 30ft
:artic 20.2m 60ft

woolwich ferry
max hgt 4.3m 14ft
max wdth 2.3m 7ft6 in (now 8ft?)
max lnth 13.4m 44ft (now 55ft?)
max weight 4.1t per wheel
8.1t per axle (now updated to todays max?)
open mon - sat 0600 -22.30
sun 0700 - 22.00
some of the above will have been changed to todays sizes and weights,some will apply today.

mark croft:
tower (a100) - 5.08t unladen now 18t?

Definitely 18t, with a 20 mph speed limit and average speed cameras.