Toilets, you think it’s bad here

mobile.twitter.com/PeteWhite500 … 9951753220

You may need to click on the volume button to get sound, this is Veurne on the France/Belgium border.

Yet certain people would have us believe how much better conditions on the continent are

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Monkey241:
Yet certain people would have us believe how much better conditions on the continental are

To be fair they are a million times better, this place is in the minority, if you’ve come off the train or ferry into Calais or Dunkirk and heading for Belgium it’s the 1st safe(ish) place to fuel up but those toilets are a disgrace.

mmmm, the standy up brigade me thinks. :open_mouth:

Aye, when I were a lad we could only dream of bogs as good as that.

peterm:
Aye, when I were a lad we could only dream of bogs as good as that.

You lucky ■■■■■■■■ You were allowed to sleep and dream. When i were a lad, we had to stand up 27 hrs a day as we had no furniture… :stuck_out_tongue:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
To be fair they are a million times better, this place is in the minority, if you’ve come off the train or ferry into Calais or Dunkirk and heading for Belgium it’s the 1st safe(ish) place to fuel up but those toilets are a disgrace.

No it isn’t in the minority. I’ve stopped at parking areas with toilets like that all over France and they’re universally the same, especially those where there’s a toll booth too such as the one near Rouen. Some of those small rest areas on the motorways the stench of pee is so bad you can’t even step in them on a hot day let alone stay in them long enough to have a dump.

Conor:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

No it isn’t in the minority. I’ve stopped at parking areas with toilets like that all over France and they’re universally the same, especially those where there’s a toll booth too such as the one near Rouen. Some of those small rest areas on the motorways the stench of pee is so bad you can’t even step in them on a hot day let alone stay in them long enough to have a dump.

You’re pointing out rest area on Autoroutes, nothing to compare in the UK as we don’t have any on our motorways!
Veurne is a truck stop in Belgium, absolutely nothing to do with your example as someone that has spent just under 40 years in European transport (not doing agency trunking work like you) I stand by comment about facilities in mainland Europe.
If The furthest you’ve been is the Peage at Rouen which is only 3 hours south of Calais then you can hardly offer an opinion, stick to trunking to Lockerbie pal.

Wow…interesting.
A pecking order of truckers.

Have to say whilst not frequenting truckstops throughout Europe I have travelled extensively and lived for over 10 years in Germany.

The idea that facilities are universally superior is a myth.

Different? Yes

Better? Not really

Try to keep your superiority complex in check Grumpy…

Monkey241:
Wow…interesting.
A pecking order of truckers.

Have to say whilst not frequenting truckstops throughout Europe I have travelled extensively and lived for over 10 years in Germany.

The idea that facilities are universally superior is a myth.

Different? Yes

Better? Not really

Try to keep your superiority complex in check Grumpy…

So, you state that you’ve NEVER frequented a truck stop in Europe!
Please tell me how can you possibly have an opinion as to wether the facilities are better or poorer than the UK, just because you’ve apparently lived in Germany does not qualify you to have an opinion on something you blatantly know naff all about!

Try reading what I put.

Never wasn’t mentioned [emoji6]

Monkey241:
Try reading what I put.

Never wasn’t mentioned

So you have frequented a German Autohof then?
If you have then you’re taliking bollox, UK truck stops can’t possibly be compared with German Autohofs and any driver that’s frequented both will testify.
Educated guess, your username and the fact that you “claim” you’ve lived in Germany for 10 years would make you ex RMP, biggest bullshiners in the Military and you accused me of a superiority complex………

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Monkey241:
Try reading what I put.

Never wasn’t mentioned

So you have frequented a German Autohof then?
If you have then you’re taliking bollox, UK truck stops can’t possibly be compared with German Autohofs and any driver that’s frequented both will testify.
Educated guess, your username and the fact that you “claim” you’ve lived in Germany for 10 years would make you ex RMP, biggest bullshiners in the Military and you accused me of a superiority complex………

Again…try and read what I’ve said not what you think I’ve said

Yes…I was a monkey.

Your bigotry doesn’t surprise me, nor does your poor comprehension.

Try engaging brain before releasing the brake on your mouth motor.

You might actually start with rational debate then

Conor:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Another sweeping statement from know sod all Conor. Must be a sad life you lead if you can categorically state that far from the minority of toilets in France are universally disgusting, do you tend to spend a lot of time in public toilets?

robbo99.:
Another sweeping statement from know sod all Conor. Must be a sad life you lead if you can categorically state that far from the minority of toilets in France are universally disgusting, do you tend to spend a lot of time in public toilets?

Posted by a sad life stalker who probably hasn’t even left the country or whose sole experience is the hotel grounds in some Spanish craphole resort.

Conor:

robbo99.:

Posted by a sad life stalker who probably hasn’t even left the country or whose sole experience is the hotel grounds in some Spanish craphole resort.

Yet another know sod all statement from Conor, how on earth can you have a clue about my travel experiences?

once was in north lithuania and i Knew you had to take your own loo roll in with you but i couldnt work out which was the toilets found myself having a poop standing up holding onto a overhead pole ,woo this is different , and in a surprisingly big room hovering my bum over a small drain,turned out this was the shower room!

corij:
once was in north lithuania and i Knew you had to take your own loo roll in with you but i couldnt work out which was the toilets found myself having a poop standing up holding onto a overhead pole ,woo this is different , and in a surprisingly big room hovering my bum over a small drain,turned out this was the shower room!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i bet you also fill your car oil up down the dipstick hole :laughing: :laughing: