Toddington Services

Went past there this morning, and as I crawled along in the traffic, looked in to the southbound side, and there were two EE reg’d (poss BG but not sure) Ford Galaxy type motors with steamy windows, a bag or two on the roofs and a tent pitched beside one of them!

What is going on in this country■■?

Probably work at the nearest warehouse, paid a pittance and therefore are forced to live like this. Similar to the tent cities around Amazon distribution centres. My heart actually goes out to these unfortunates, they actually (unlike some home grown shipheads) want to do a fair days work for a fair days wage and they end up getting shafted on all counts! Shafted by whoever smuggled them here and then shafted by corporate greed who’s only aim is to reward the shareholders.

the maoster:
Probably work at the nearest warehouse, paid a pittance and therefore are forced to live like this. Similar to the tent cities around Amazon distribution centres. My heart actually goes out to these unfortunates, they actually (unlike some home grown shipheads) want to do a fair days work for a fair days wage and they end up getting shafted on all counts! Shafted by whoever smuggled them here and then shafted by corporate greed who’s only aim is to reward the shareholders.

Whoa, tent cities?! :open_mouth: I never knew that. How are we letting this happen? Big firms blathering on about modern slavery and this happens?!

Gonna look out for them, it was absolutely lashing this morning, too :frowning:

I’m not usually full of the milk of human kindness tbh and would in the past have curled my lip as I passed them but the new, balanced me tries to see both sides and have come to realise that they are not in fact scum, but are victims to the machine.

Drempels:

the maoster:

Whoa, tent cities?! :open_mouth: I never knew that. How are we letting this happen? Big firms blathering on about modern slavery and this happens?!

Used to be some near the Amazon place at Peterborough.No idea if they are still there though As i don’t go in there anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

Drempels:

the maoster:

Used to be some near the Amazon place at Peterborough.No idea if they are still there though As i don’t go in there anymore.

That’s awful, but I’m in two minds about it. Part of me feels sorry for them, another part of me says it’s not for us to sort out the problems of foreign nationals.

Amazon warehouse staff are not paid buttons… Even as agency workers. And if they were then the supermarket who I drive for (via agency) are offering wages which beat most of the class 1 salaries touted as ‘decent’ on here.

That aside… Two things:

1. I enjoy a bit of camping. You wouldn’t catch me in a caravan but a few days walking in the peak district or in Scotland with the basics does my head the world of good. I’m talking about a bivvy bag here and not glamping. I actually enjoy the sound of the rain coming down in a tent. Perhaps these folks were similar, rather than being destitute.

2. I’m off to SE Asia for a few months soon. If I chose to go to another country and couldn’t support myself it would be my own stupidity. Instead of having to rough it - I did 80 hours last week driving for the supermarket. I wouldn’t say I enjoyed it - but it’s a means to an end.

IMG_20181130_094940.jpg.

Brimsdown road Enfield this morning.

If you look out, they’re everywhere. On the A45 east towards Wellingborough, just before the garage that’s just before the Earls Barton slip road, for a few months earlier this year (during the beast from the east etc), there was a tent pitched in the ditch - had a washing line and bird cages too - it’s gone now. In Northampton, there’s a bridge which links Far Cotton with the B&Q roundabout. From this bridge, down to the left, there’s a bit of an urban forest, and earlier this year I noticed a bit of tarpaulin through the trees. As I looked more closely, I noticed loads of tents all over, an entire tent city. They’re out there, and they’re all over.

We were told by a Moto manager that they tried to fine these people, who don’t pay parking, but they never pay fines so they get away with it. I’m sorry but I think they are scum who should go back to the pit they came from. It’s people like this that lowers wages and will work for less than minimum wage. Sorry if that offends any snowflakes.

My eyes have been opened! Saw a bash beside the M1 southbound around J22 made out of pallets and tarps. This must be the natural progression from the failure by govt to clamp down on beds in sheds.

You realise what you are witnessing is but a snapshot of the misery yet to come.

Next month this country will sign up to the United Nations Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration.

With operation Brexit Fear 2 in overdrive this little gem might have been conveniently overlooked by the MSM service that you read listen to or watch.

You have no idea of the volumes that are envisaged (nor the future indoctrination that will accompany this plan), it’s no coincidence that the globalists in europe and here about to officially sign the futures of your children away have no offspring of their own :bulb:
If you can be arsed, the list of countries who are not going to sign makes interesting reading.

I saw them at Toddington a week or two ago and I’m sure the same people were at Thurrock services last summer

Juddian:
You realise what you are witnessing is but a snapshot of the misery yet to come.

Next month this country will sign up to the United Nations Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration.

With operation Brexit Fear 2 in overdrive this little gem might have been conveniently overlooked by the MSM service that you read listen to or watch.

You have no idea of the volumes that are envisaged (nor the future indoctrination that will accompany this plan), it’s no coincidence that the globalists in europe and here about to officially sign the futures of your children away have no offspring of their own :bulb:
If you can be arsed, the list of countries who are not going to sign makes interesting reading.

I find it utterly unbelievable very few people know of this. I’m not one to jump on the ‘civil unrest/civil war’ rhetoric bandwagon, but I am almost jumping on it. The future is, to understate it, bleak.

The failure of this and previous governments who solved the problem of the lazy and workshy by inviting thousands of foreigners into a country who’s education, housing, health and law enforcement resources couldn’t support them.

Juddian:

Signed the petition to this crazy stupid idea.Think they are trying to slip it in while distracting us with the Brexit they are not going to deliver.But i believe Germany has or is going to sign it.So if we don’t manage to leave the EU.We are going to be flooded with them.

Juddian:

Looks like a scheme to ensure a plentiful supply of cheap labour from poor areas of the world for the large global companies operating in the wealthy parts of the world to abuse with low wages and poor conditions.

All the while the great British public expects to walk into a shop or buy online ‘wear once fashion items’ for a fiver or buy a piece of fruit that’s been transported 1000’s of kms for 50p this sort of thing will only get worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was a teenager I lived in Chipping Camden. The local farmers depended on itinerant labour to harvest the crops and they would let them set up camp in the corner of a field for the duration. Go back before WW2 and vast numbers of Londoners would move down to Kent for the hop picking season. They too lived in tents or sheds.

What I am saying is that none of this is new. People will move to where the work is and if it is seasonal, move on after. The ones who work at Amazon while living ‘rough’ will not take long to better themselves, but they may well be replaced by a new intake.

They’ve been there off and on for what I’ve seen 2-3 years. They put their washing out on the tree’s in summer and cook on the grass by their tents.
Obviously they can’t be charged or moved on but can you imagine it you went over 2 hours in a lorry in there?
Our country needs these people apparently !
I won’t bore you about what I think people but draw your own conclusions.