Today I drove a sauna

:unamused:
I have one complaint about my truck, my night heater is the old Scania remote type, the one you need a degree in moon landings to figure out. :imp:

Anyway, I thought I finally sussed it last night as on the last couple of nights out it was to hot and randomly threw up E44 and E33 codes so I sat on the A69 last night determined to beat this stupid contraption.

I pressed it, swore at it, removed the battery and threw it across the cabā€¦at that point I realised this could be a cold night if I donā€™t find the battery :blush:
I found it in my rubbish bag :unamused:
Right, so I did get the temperature just right and it all went well all night nice and cosy.

After my drop this morning I had just joined the M6 South at Carlisle and thought its a bit warm in hereā€¦the flippin heater had burst into life at full belt ā€¦sweating wasnā€™t the word even the open window was not having much effect and nowhere to stop until the next services about 8 miles away, ā€¦I HATE THIS HEATER CONTROL UNIT :imp:

Looks to me like the heater control unit hates you too!!! :wink: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had that problem with one on an old truck I had, I found that the only way to fix it was to swap it over with the one in the other drivers cab :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Iā€™ve never understood the remote in the scania either. A night heater really only needs an on/off switch and adjustable thermostat knob. Not a NASA spec controller.

8wheels:
I had that problem with one on an old truck I had, I found that the only way to fix it was to swap it over with the one in the other drivers cab :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wish, the other three are new artic Scanias :imp: :laughing: :laughing:

It wouldnā€™t have been so bad but the controller is mounted behind the drivers seat, you cant get to it when driving :unamused: :laughing:

Iā€™d have pulled the fuse and told the yard to get the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  fixed. Sod ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about with it. Its easy enough to pull over, hit the hazards, pop the dash, yank the fuse and be on your way within a minute. You could also legitimately argue that it is a vital safety thing, if it gets too hot and you start to dehydrate your judgement is impaired.

nsmith1180:
Iā€™d have pulled the fuse and told the yard to get the [zb] fixed. Sod ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about with it. Its easy enough to pull over, hit the hazards, pop the dash, yank the fuse and be on your way within a minute. You could also legitimately argue that it is a vital safety thing, if it gets too hot and you start to dehydrate your judgement is impaired.

Its not broke, they are just notoriously hard to decipher and operate :laughing:
When I thought I had it sussed I must have accidently set the timer.
I will be taking it into Scania in a week or two for MOT and I will be quizzing them for an operators manual :laughing:

Drift:

nsmith1180:
Iā€™d have pulled the fuse and told the yard to get the [zb] fixed. Sod ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about with it. Its easy enough to pull over, hit the hazards, pop the dash, yank the fuse and be on your way within a minute. You could also legitimately argue that it is a vital safety thing, if it gets too hot and you start to dehydrate your judgement is impaired.

Its not broke, they are just notoriously hard to decipher and operate :laughing:
When I thought I had it sussed I must have accidently set the timer.
I will be taking it into Scania in a week or two for MOT and I will be quizzing them for an operators manual :laughing:

One assumes this controller is more complex than mine then. I have a seven/eight button affair on the rear bulkhead and it is a doddle to opperate. Their is also a master switch for the night heater next door to the heated mirror switch in mine.

No master switch on mine sadly.
Its one of these.

!(http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SCANIA-night-heater-Nightheater-Genuine-/00/s/NzIwWDk2MA==/z/G74AAOxyNW9SJG8X/$(KGrHqR,!lgFIgTdNw84BSJG8W8iJw~~60_58.JPG)

Edit, that blank button has heater lines on mine.

Drift:
Its one of these.

!(http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SCANIA-night-heater-Nightheater-Genuine-/00/s/NzIwWDk2MA==/z/G74AAOxyNW9SJG8X/$(KGrHqR,!lgFIgTdNw84BSJG8W8iJw~~60_58.JPG)

Bloody hell, I would lose that in minutes!

Easier fix, get a better Truck! Iā€™m begining to hate Scanias.

:laughing:
It has a mount ā€œbehindā€ the drivers seat lol.
I like the truck an oldy but a goldie, though on the grapevine I am hearing about a possible upgrade next year if things go well. :wink:

But I aint letting this remote heater monster beat me :blush:

Drift:
:lol:
I like the truck an oldy but a goldie, though on the grapevine I am hearing about a possible upgrade next year if things go well. :wink:

How stupid can a driver be ā– ā– ? :unamused: . Press 3-4 seconds for on/off like any webasto controller unit. Temp can be set in 10 steps on the controller. 1-10 going through the pressing the button in the middle. Then use the < ans > to set it, 3 or 4 is usually okay. up again to confirm. Rest is timer. Works like a Webasto timer except it says Scania on it and is not small and black. Most simple thing in the world

Normally if itā€™s still stuck on full heat itā€™s the valve behind the front mask under the wiper mounted on the coolant hose thatā€™s stuck. A knock or 2 on it and it will work like a charm again.

No wonder trucking is taking over by east Europeans with drivers having problems like this :unamused:

Mine hasnā€™t worked at all for the past few weeks, count yourself lucky! Getting it fixed today thank god.

Icee:

Drift:
:lol:

How stupid can a driver be ā– ā– ? :unamused: . Press 3-4 seconds for on/off like any webasto controller unit. Temp can be set in 10 steps on the controller. 1-10 going through the pressing the button in the middle. Then use the < ans > to set it, 3 or 4 is usually okay. up again to confirm. Rest is timer. Works like a Webasto timer except it says Scania on it and is not small and black. Most simple thing in the world

Normally if itā€™s still stuck on full heat itā€™s the valve behind the front mask under the wiper mounted on the coolant hose thatā€™s stuck. A knock or 2 on it and it will work like a charm again.

No wonder trucking is taking over by east Europeans with drivers having problems like this :unamused:

How condescending can a driver be?

Some old lads struggle with the new fangled tech, doesnā€™t make them any less drivers #@pompous.com

I would say it was karma.

But Iā€™ve had the keys to a 63 plate G440 this week, and the heater control is on a curly lead, but no matter how hard I tried, the temp wouldnā€™t go above 10 degC.

Whatā€™s that all about. :confused:

Ken.

nsmith1180:

Drift:
Its one of these.

Bloody hell, I would lose that in minutes!

Easier fix, get a better Truck! Iā€™m begining to hate Scanias.

i had one of them in an old 4 series scania and i never worked it out either thankfully i moved into a newer r series scania 2 days later and all was well

Thats the same as mine,thursday night i got E 44 flashing up,what does this mean ,

blackcats:
Thats the same as mine,thursday night i got E 44 flashing up,what does this mean ,

glow plug fault will need replacing :sunglasses:

wildfire:

blackcats:

glow plug fault will need replacing :sunglasses:

Brilliant, one for Scania next week :smiley: