To The Workers and Defenders of This Great Land

Christmas is almost upon us and the main topic of conversation is the current financial mess facing many hard working people this winter.

Lots of people are facing genuine hardship and uncertainty for the future. Working people who’ve worked all their lives and not taken a penny from the system in return.

I am blessed that I may count myself amongst the few who are lucky and have secure jobs. I have been humbled by what I read on the forum and my thoughts and prayers are with you…the workers, the backbone of this great Country, the people that keep the shops full, the people who move the rest of us forward.

I’ve just watched “The Millies” (Military Awards) and I’m feeling pretty bloody humble around those boy ‘n’ girls too. I’m nowhere near as brave as they are.

The point of this post is that many hard working folks won’t be home this Christmas…Army, Navy and RAF who are risking it all on a daily basis out in Afghan and Iraq. Some of our heroes won’t be home ever again. I don’t know these people personally, but I miss them and I feel very strongly about it.

Whatever your circumstances this Christmas, please spare a thought or a prayer for our boys and girls who won’t be coming home to their families.

They are my heroes, one and all.

see my post in Bully’s bar.
Totally with you Shrek.

Shrek:
The point of this post is that many hard working folks won’t be home this Christmas…Army, Navy and RAF who are risking it all on a daily basis out in Afghan and Iraq.

Risking what Shrek. What about the people who suffer in the countries the us/uk have invaded■■?

Nobody asked these countries to do what they did …in fact they where asked not to do what they did!!!

Patriotism

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_sands

Risking what Shrek. What about the people who suffer in the countries the us/uk have invaded■■?

Risking what■■? Dear God!!
Trying to make a stupid political point from this thread is taking the ■■■■ :unamused:

Melchett:
Trying to make a stupid political point from this thread is taking the ■■■■ :unamused:
[/quote]
:slight_smile: -thanks for your input,any more■■?

Bobby Sands. Slimmer of the year 1981. Only idiots and plastic politicians idolise these scum. He was not a hero, he was a coward.

Ellies dad do you respect and support the Omagh bombers?

Have you seen the memorial at hartsheads moor for the women and children killed near there?

How many other atrocities do i have to mention.

I have lost friends in NI, Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq and Afganistan.

THEY ARE REAL HERO’S

not realy bitter and twisted but as far as im concerned Bobby Sands and all the others can burn in hell.

The Good Friday peace agreement was the greatest mistake that nu labour ever made.

ps dont post often but this post has hit a nerve

pps shrek i see that manhein have pulled out from taking over premier

ppps was made redundant yesterday (transporter driver going cheap)

Shrek, you have my support with your thread.

sigmonk:
Bobby Sands. Slimmer of the year 1981. Only idiots and plastic politicians idolise these scum. He was not a hero, he was a coward.
not realy bitter and twisted but as far as im concerned Bobby Sands and all the others can burn in hell.

Firstly what is a plastic politician■■? Bobby Sands was an elected politician by your government so your ■■■■■■ against the wind slaggin him off.

As for the Omagh bombing(i assume this is what you mean) It’s not about religion ,its about how we got there.no blood on my hands.

As for your final remark about Boby Sands-i’d sooner he was alive and well like you and me.

Who mentioned religion

And once again Why do i have to feel for the armed forces over christmas they choose to be working when they signed up they knew what theywere doing, Why do people think soldiers are THICK they ( tge majority ) love it the know what they are doing and to me every one of them is an hero.

ellies dad:
As for your final remark about Boby Sands-i’d sooner he was alive and well like you and me.

So would the victims of the point of view of Sands :imp:

Remember, politicians send soldiers to war. They do not involve themselves in the politics, they do there duty, whether you think they are right or wrong,

It does not make them any less brave or the loss to their family any less.

sigmonk:

Have you seen the memorial at hartsheads moor for the women and children killed near there?

How many other atrocities do i have to mention.

I have lost friends in NI, Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq and Afganistan.

THEY ARE REAL HERO’S

The Good Friday peace agreement was the greatest mistake that nu labour ever made.

ps dont post often but this post has hit a nerve

pps shrek i see that manhein have pulled out from taking over premier

ppps was made redundant yesterday (transporter driver going cheap)

in VERY poor taste,try reading a book,as your not educated enough on ANY of the so called points you’ve made,KILLING is wrong end of… let’s all look @ the score board working class nil middle & upper class 1. :cry:

Very well said Shrek, I’m sure 99.9% of everyone on this forum are with you on this one. Good man.

Tiger.

The soldiers in the front line did not choose the conflicts in which they are currently engaged. It is to the eternal shame of the politicains that they find themselves embroiled in dirty wars that the people of the UK didn’t want. Such are the consequences of a country becoming America’s poodle. None of that should detract from the heroism and devotion to duty shown by the forces of the British military.

sigmonk:

Dafman this iswhere “religion” comes into it i think.

snafu:

ellies dad:

So would the victims of the point of view of Sands :imp:

Im sure you didnt mean the final remark,it doesnt add up does it.

So where did religon creep into this thread both shrek and ellies dad have a valid point. Spare a thought for those in the forces, but as was said they chose to be there. They are not invited guests in these countries. Lets not get carried away by blind patriotism just cos it’s christmas.

How many of you can put your hand up and proudly say “I’ve served my Country” i.e. Military, NHS, emergency services etc.? How many can put up their hand and proudly say “I have contributed in some way to the common good of my Country and Her people”?

I’ll wager that very few of the self opinionated thread hijackers can put up their hands; still, someone, somewhere must be proud of them. It’s not me though.

I’m patriotic all year round, not just at Christmas, I’m proud to be English and proud to be British. However, it is the time of year that families traditionally get together and I want the Armed Forces to know that I am behind them 200% and I support all they do. They make me humble. They make me proud.

Terrorists don’t really do it for me though.

I wish you all well for Christmas and the new year whatever your opinion may be.

Ex army, served in Afghan, Iraq and NI.

I didn’t have any choice of where I served and I often asked myself what we were doing there. As did everyone else I worked with.

Still, there was a job to be done whether we liked it or not.

I will also be thinking about my friends and everyone else who’s in the armed forces at this time of year.

ellies dad:
Bobby Sands was an elected politician by your government so your ■■■■■■ against the wind slaggin him off.

Er no. He was elected by people in a sure fire republican constituency, a constituency that would have elected a monkey if wearing the right rossette and told to by the republican gangmasters of the PIRA.

Kind of interesting that McGuiness and Adams don’t take their Westminster seats yet do take the Westminster salary. Politics is a dirty game and played by nasty people.

Have sent 5 shoe box parcels out to some of our military this year lets hope they get home safe, get home soon.

With you 100% on this Shreky old bean.Ex Army - 7 years, 2 year tour in N.I.in the 80’s also served in U.K. Germany and the Falkland Islands. I’ve lost friends in Iraq :frowning: