To The Workers and Defenders of This Great Land

ellies dad:

Shrek:
The point of this post is that many hard working folks won’t be home this Christmas…Army, Navy and RAF who are risking it all on a daily basis out in Afghan and Iraq.

Risking what Shrek. What about the people who suffer in the countries the us/uk have invaded■■?

Nobody asked these countries to do what they did …in fact they where asked not to do what they did!!!

Patriotism

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_sands

You’ll be off those paddies who didn’t fight Hitler then unlike many of their brave countrymen who defied their own government to fight the Nazis and who have my eternal respect. Unlike you.

Never take advice from a paddy on how to fight a war,
it,ll be like having a Muslim teaching you how
to cook pork :laughing:

Best wishes to our fighting forces.

Its only a coward who becomes a terrorist ,

A person who is willing to stand out
in a uniform for his cause is a true hero

Macka Packa:
Never take advice from a paddy on how to fight a war

I aint advising anyone on how to fight a war. I am surprised you all seem to be pro war seein as it has cost your country,famalies and economy so much.

Lifes cheap obviously!

Wiretwister
Er no. He was elected by people in a sure fire republican constituency, a constituency that would have elected a monkey if wearing the right rossette and told to by the republican gangmasters of the PIRA.

Thats quite a statement. You have proof im sure?

I aint advising anyone on how to fight a war. I am surprised you all seem to be pro war seein as it has cost your country,famalies and economy so much.

Lifes cheap obviously!

Maybe a war sometimes saves more lives than it costs,

Unless you support ethnic clensing etc…

Or does being nuetral come with a pair of blinkers

Ok Guys , both sides in Ireland can sit round a table and discuss things, lets try and keep things the same in here !

if this turns into a silly argument it will be locked !!

if theres a pint of guinness in it,
i,ll be quiet. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Macka Packa:
if theres a pint of guinness in it,
i,ll be quiet. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

you’ll have to ask the Boss when the xmas party is :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I too watched the “Millies” with a lump in my throat and a tear in my eyes. as for the comment made by “Ellies Dad”, I believe it wasn’t meant as a political/ Religous statement, he was just voicing his disapproval of the war. The thing is Ellies Dad, we may or may not approve of the conflict in the Middle east, but we can still praise our wonderful armed forces for the top notch job there doing in extremely difficult conditions. I served in N.I. but compared to what these brave young men and women are going through it was a walk in the park. And it may be hard to understand, but I do not hate any Irishman know matter what side of the religious divide they are from. God Bless our service personnel this christmas, and keep them safe from harm.

A Merry Christmas to all on here as well, including my new Irish chum Ellies Dad…

the people who disagree with the war in iraq should of been there to see the regime , fear and torture that these people lived by day to day, war is always going to be ugly but when you see what goes on first hand and see that a vast majority of people want to live a life without fear you see that what you are doing out there is well worth it, it is only a minority that are hell bent on cuasing mayhem and destruction and death in these places, thats what needs to be stopped, i saw some horrific things out there and lost some really good friends, nobody wants to be there especially at this time of year, im thankfull that i came home and wish all the guys and girls out there the best

The Millies have been mentioned a few times, I thought what a load of crap the the all concept was.
Yes they are brave, yes we owe them some gratitude, but what has a celebrity filled galla night with caviar and champagne got to do with honouring our brave soldiers.
How much did it cost for all those “celebrities” to be fed and watered. could the money not be better spent on giving the armed forces better equipment.
I was talking to an ex soldier friend of mine last night and he was in agreement with me that it was just publicity for that comic they call a newspaper The Sun.

what it does is bring these brave guys to the attention of the public through the medium of the media and hype of celebrities

Layby Larry:
A Merry Christmas to all on here as well, including my new Irish chum Ellies Dad…

I also have said lump in throat now :blush:

kemaro:
what it does is bring these brave guys to the attention of the public through the medium of the media and hype of celebrities

Telivision news brings them to the attention of the public, how does a celebrity shindig help

Happy Christmas to one and all. Thats members of HM armed forces and “civvies” alike.
I’m not entirely sure this is the right thread to open the can of worms that are Iraq and Afghanistan but I want to point out that while nobody in the forces can decide where their unit is posted to, the UK does not operate a policy of conscription anymore. The personnel that serve within the different branches of the MOD are there through choice.

the people who disagree with the war in iraq should of been there to see the regime , fear and torture that these people lived by day to day, war is always going to be ugly but when you see what goes on first hand and see that a vast majority of people want to live a life without fear you see that what you are doing out there is well worth it, it is only a minority that are hell bent on cuasing mayhem and destruction and death in these places, thats what needs to be stopped

The constant headlines in the media about our brave boys/girls is becoming monotonous to the point where many people are desensitized to the plight of the people in these countries and view the whole nation as terrorists. After so much repetition of the same mantra, I feel that the general public are beginning to feel inferior to anyone in dpm’s and this will only lead to resentment and apathy by them, towards UK forces. I for one am ZBed off with hearing it and I come from a forces family !

i saw some horrific things out there and lost some really good friends, nobody wants to be there especially at this time of year, im thankfull that i came home and wish all the guys and girls out there the best.

With respect kemaro, in your opinion, was their sacrifice worth it.
In light of the duplicitous government that invaded Iraq to find the infamous WMD and then decided they needed to stay to remove the tyrant when the first objective was shown to be a wild goose chase. The same tyrant that could/should have been slotted the first time round.
I intend no disrespect as I understand the pain of losing mates and those close to you, it is a genuine question.
For the last year or two I have been researching my grandfathers role in WW2 and the D Day landings. Mainly based on his own modest accounts I’ve cobbled together a very humbling story.
My reason for asking “was it worth it”, isn’t to bait you or any others who feel very strongly about the serving personnel over there.
The fact is that the looming invasion by ■■■■ Germany and our recent invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan are very different conflicts.
One motivated by survival the latter pair motivated by whatever reasons the ZB’s in power deem a suitable enough excuse that week.

Bloody hell boys and girls!!!

I only wanted to express my support for British Forces who will have a crap Christmas risking their lives in a frikkin’ war zone!!! Why they’re there is another matter, the truth is that rank and file soldiers join up to defend the Country (UK) and it’s long term interests. If you want to discuss the politics…start your own thread!

Who’s idea was it to bring the ira and other terrorist organisations into my bloody thread? Stop it, it’s not appropriate here!

Can I suggest we all wind in our necks about the political aspects of wars…that was NOT my intention with this post!

Accepted; you all have your various opinions about the politics of war, but really…that’s not what this post is about. Lets leave it alone now eh??

Happy Christmas to all of you :wink:

Hear Hear.

im with shrek on this one.

have a look at this and see if you can say im bored of hearing about them and what they are doing

Tribute to Soldiers

one of my very close friends is out there at the moment and he says they get mortared(sp) every day. i just hope that he comes home safe, along with all the other boys and girls out there, so he can buy me a beer.

i wish them all the merriest of cristmases and a safe new year.

As an ex-soldier myself I can appreciate what the guys out there are going through. We are very lucky not to have conscription in this country or else a lot more of those we know would be taking a tour to those hell holes. Lets hope they get back home soon.

A bit off topic i know but i think bringing back subscription would be an excellent thing.

Teach the young ones some discipline & respect for their seniors, not to mention many practical things useful in later life.

Driveroneuk:
A bit off topic i know but i think bringing back subscription would be an excellent thing.

Teach the young ones some discipline & respect for their seniors, not to mention many practical things useful in later life.

Which magazine would that be for ? Totalitarian monthly maybe ? :wink: