To the Grocontinental driver this morning . .

Although forcing your way in is never justified, a bit more information about your & his speed on the dual carriageway and your intended speed on the up coming single might shed a bit more light.

If you were doing 40 then on the limiter for the dual then intending to go back to 40, it’s a bit more in context for example.

jimbotruck:
He probably didnt want to be stuck behind you doing 39mph on a completely empty road, and that stretch of DC is the only place to pass for miles, hence him wanting to get by you.

I am surprised it was a Grocotts motor though as they usually stick to the speed limits around there.

All firms in that area have been targetted by VOSA for speeding on single carriageways. (so my boss tells me anyway!)

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:
“This is why I don’t come on this site anymore”…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Personally I think, while we are all struggling to come to terms with this, we should all remember to think of the children. :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Silver_Surfer:
Although forcing your way in is never justified, a bit more information about your & his speed on the dual carriageway and your intended speed on the up coming single might shed a bit more light.

If you were doing 40 then on the limiter for the dual then intending to go back to 40, it’s a bit more in context for example.
[/quote]

^^^This^^^

Why on earth do folk on here complain on here about other drivers,whats the point??,99percent of them probaly won’t read it.God if i was to post everytime I got cut up ect…ect…i would be filling page after page after page.At the end of the day…back off and let them get on with it.

smallp:
Why on earth do folk on here complain on here about other drivers,whats the point??,99percent of them probaly won’t read it.God if i was to post everytime I got cut up ect…ect…i would be filling page after page after page.At the end of the day…back off and let them get on with it.

This^

Coffeeholic:

smallp:

This^

Not only this cos some folk are advising phoning a drivers boss with their complaints. :imp:

Ok, to answer a few questions -

1. Cant be arsed phoning the company because a) I’ll get through to some faceless ■■■■■■■ who ‘will investigate my enquiry’ b) get through to a transport manager who is probably the blokes ‘mate’ so they’ll all have a good back slap about it.

2. to those people who’s contribution is +1 +2 etc then thanks for your input, you are mereley jumping on the back of someone elses ‘contribution’ because you are obviously to numb to think of a sensible respone of your own.

3. I find some of the so called ‘moderators’ comments astounding. No wonder many many people wont post on this forum with dicks like you ‘MODERATING’. Perhaps change your user name to egoholic? Just an idea.

I work for the company mentioned and all the lorries are kitted out with tracking devices, telematics and forward facing cameras that record whilst the engine is running. So if this driver had done said mentioned, one phone call to the office would result in an investigation being launched.

As far as I know agency staff are no longer allowed due to constant damage being done by them.

truckdriversalop:
I work for the company mentioned and all the lorries are kitted out with tracking devices, telematics and forward facing cameras that record whilst the engine is running. So if this driver had done said mentioned, one phone call to the office would result in an investigation being launched.

As far as I know agency staff are no longer allowed due to constant damage being done by them.

Thanks, at last a sensible answer.

I’ll PM you.

totaly agree with the OP
why should he back off ■■ too many ■■■■■■■■■ driving trucks nowdays if its gonna be a dangerous manouver dont do it simple. another case of “im alright jack” unfortunatly very comon nowdays

overdrive:
totaly agree with the OP
why should he back off ■■ too many [zb] driving trucks nowdays if its gonna be a dangerous manouver dont do it simple. another case of “im alright jack” unfortunatly very comon nowdays

Exactly! How can anyone disagree with this post?? But how dare you disagree with the TNUK clique?!?!?! :unamused:

Maybe back off for an easy life. Or hold your road and force him to back off. But never end up on the kerb thats you lost the battle fella. :stuck_out_tongue:

On the A2 near Gravesend split there is a garage as you start to climb again after the run down, was in lane 1 and some knob head in a 4x4 left the garage and tried to force his way out alongside of me, I was being overtaken by another truck and another trying to get in my trailer doors at the time so could do nothing so he had to brake, poor soul ! He phoned my TM and told her that I was doing 75mph. I wish! Later I could see him ahead of me on the phone holding the same speed as me so I logged the time, just as well I did cos I was asked if I had pulled the fuse. No I had not.

I cut a car up at a roundabout, a genuine mistake, gave the car a friendly wave. They then phoned my company and said i cut them up and had a cup of coffee in my hand. :angry:

Another car driver phoned my boss and said i was making ■■■■■■■ faces. :laughing:

A car driver again phoned my boss and said i was weaving in and out of lanes on the bypass. :angry:

These are just a few i know about. Probably more i’ve not been told.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong :wink: but if you read the highway code I’m sure it’s up to the vehicle that’s being overtaken to back off / give way■■? If this is the case then maybe it’s the grocott driver who should be making ■■■■■■■ phone calls that might be getting people in the ■■■■ and just remember that driver could desperately need his job to support a family and some self righteous ■■■■■■ who’s never done owt wrong lol could put him on the dole ffs.

Cheers, Simon.

Mad Si79:
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong :wink: but if you read the highway code I’m sure it’s up to the vehicle that’s being overtaken to back off / give way■■? If this is the case then maybe it’s the grocott driver who should be making [zb] phone calls that might be getting people in the [zb] and just remember that driver could desperately need his job to support a family and some self righteous ■■■■■■ who’s never done owt wrong lol could put him on the dole ffs.

Cheers, Simon.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Ding ding ding, round #2

pavaroti:
Another car driver phoned my boss and said i was making ■■■■■■■ faces.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
More original complaint than the ones I’ve had;
“I was held up by one of your lorries doing 41mph”
“One of your lorries wouldn’t move into lane 2 to let me on…”
BTW I haven’t seen the word “■■■■■■■” used in years :laughing: :laughing:

Mad Si79:
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong :wink: but if you read the highway code I’m sure it’s up to the vehicle that’s being overtaken to back off / give way■■? If this is the case then maybe it’s the grocott driver who should be making [zb] phone calls that might be getting people in the [zb] and just remember that driver could desperately need his job to support a family and some self righteous ■■■■■■ who’s never done owt wrong lol could put him on the dole ffs.

Cheers, Simon.

It’s also upto the vehicle overtaking to make sure they have enough room to carry out the overtake.
The driver overtaking has put both vehicles into this situation, one vehicle ended up off and onto the kerb/verge. Ok he could have backed off to ease it through but then mr overtaker didn’t have enough space to finish the overtake by the sounds of it.
If the overtaking driver valued his job so much then he wouldn’t be carrying out stupid overtakes and barging people around. He would have been fully aware of what was happening and what happened, probably had a little giggle too whilst looking in the mirror. Who cares if he loses his job, hardly the OP’s problem is it.

pavaroti:

paul@midway:
Phone the company up if it was that bad.

No [zb] that! I’ve had it done to me and its not nice, by car drivers making up highway code or not giving a lorry driver a break for a mistake. :imp:

+1