Tis the season to be thieving

Funny how we can’t get in or out of these places without massive scrutiny but three full loads of whiskey can trundle off on their jollies again

manchestereveningnews.co.uk … n-19179345

idrive:
Funny how we can’t get in or out of these places without massive scrutiny but three full loads of whiskey can trundle off on their jollies again

manchestereveningnews.co.uk … n-19179345

Places seem more bothered about their when it suits covid 19 procedures this year. If one of the thieves had a temp more than 38c they would be all over it [emoji58]

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Thing that gets me is who would steal such a load then just dump it somewhere else and leave it?
I’m assuming the load was left in the trailers as I’m sure the story would have said otherwise.
You would think they would go somewhere out of the way then load what they could into some transit vans etc and made a load out of it instead of just abandoning it all :neutral_face:

Scraggy88:
Thing that gets me is who would steal such a load then just dump it somewhere else and leave it?
I’m assuming the load was left in the trailers as I’m sure the story would have said otherwise.
You would think they would go somewhere out of the way then load what they could into some transit vans etc and made a load out of it instead of just abandoning it all :neutral_face:

It doesn’t say the lorries were recovered with the alcohol, that will be on another lorry by now

Cheshire Police said three HGVs and their trailers containing large quantities of alcohol were reported stolen.

“All three HGVs and one trailer were located a few hours later at an industrial estate in Middleton.”

So at most they abandoned one loaded trailer.

Harry Monk:
Cheshire Police said three HGVs and their trailers containing large quantities of alcohol were reported stolen.

“All three HGVs and one trailer were located a few hours later at an industrial estate in Middleton.”

I expect the located trailer was empty and the other 2 were in a Pakistani warehouse closeby being swiftly unloaded. :slight_smile:

Mick Bracewell:

Harry Monk:

I expect the located trailer was empty and the other 2 were in a Pakistani warehouse closeby being swiftly unloaded. :slight_smile:

Are you really a truck driver? Or a part time reporter for the Daily Mail?
How long does it take to get a truck over the border into Pakistan?
Maybe the predominantly Muslim Pakistanis are desperate for alcohol to drink over the upcoming Christmas season?

Drivers of confectionary lorries should get security guards from now on. Hi-jacking is a distinct possibility.
Dissolve a load of jelly babies in whisky and you’ll have a multi billion pounds load of hand sanitizer!

Franglais:

Mick Bracewell:

Harry Monk:

Maybe the predominantly Muslim Pakistanis are desperate for alcohol to drink over the upcoming Christmas season?

Just because they don’t drink it doesn’t mean that they don’t deal with it, the majority of alcohol that comes in on the beer runs goes to warehouses predominantly run by Pakistanis and Indians, business is business regardless of your religious beliefs.

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mick Bracewell:

Harry Monk:

Just because they don’t drink it doesn’t mean that they don’t deal with it, the majority of alcohol that comes in on the beer runs goes to warehouses predominantly run by Pakistanis and Indians, business is business regardless of your religious beliefs.

Business is business, but someone putting up a post assuming that one particular racial group is responsible for a theft is what?

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Business is business, but someone putting up a post assuming that one particular racial group is responsible for a theft is what?

Given where he lives probably local knowledge

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Really?
Knowledge?
I hope he shares this knowledge with the police then.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Really?
Knowledge?
I hope he shares this knowledge with the police then.

Jesus lighten up will you, you know what I mean by that I doubt he has knowledge of this particular load but would know who deals in this kind of thing, if I had a trailer of dodgy booze then then I know which religious group I would be dealing with in that area and it wouldn’t be the C of E or any other home grown one.

Franglais:

Mick Bracewell:

Harry Monk:

Hark at the forum leftie getting all offended on behalf of others !

It’s Rochdale. You’ve never been there, have you? When you do, you will understand.

Mick Bracewell:

Franglais:

Mick Bracewell:

Harry Monk:

Hark at the forum leftie getting all offended on behalf of others !

It’s Rochdale. You’ve never been there, have you? When you do, you will understand.

Getting offended on behalf of others?
Do you take offence of someone slags off women? Maybe you do.
Do you like being part of a society where snide comments are the norm? Maybe you do.
Personally I don’t. I don’t the idea that someone could come come onto a UK truck drivers site and see such comments going unchallenged.
If you’ve any proof or evidence, give it to the police. If you can justify your remarks, carry on and do so. I’m listening.
If you can’t I’ll make a personal judgment about you. Not based on your race, religion or anything else, but on your actions and words.

To be fair, Middleton is one of the remaining bastions of the white scumbag.
Sandwiched between Rochdale and Oldham which are basically under Sharia law.

Also this crime does not sound like the work of the brothers, but an organized white Salford style group I would bet.

idrive:
To be fair, Middleton is one of the remaining bastions of the white scumbag.
Sandwiched between Rochdale and Oldham which are basically under Sharia law.

Also this crime does not sound like the work of the brothers, but an organized white Salford style group I would bet.

Yep, but never the facts get in the way of a good old bit of bigotry.

Franglais:
Do you like being part of a society where snide comments are the norm? Maybe you do.
Personally I don’t. I don’t the idea that someone could come come onto a UK truck drivers site and see such comments going unchallenged.
If you’ve any proof or evidence, give it to the police. If you can justify your remarks, carry on and do so. I’m listening.
If you can’t I’ll make a personal judgment about you. Not based on your race, religion or anything else, but on your actions and words.

:unamused:

Franglais:

I can tell this story as my dad is long dead and safe from prosecution. But pre EU days he would often be over the water and amongst the load in the trailer would be hidden various cases of alcohol and baccy. They all went to the local corner shop bretheren who just loved a bargain and a chance to make a nice profit. Would it be racist to say they were of the Pakistani community■■?

That’s waysis.