Tis the season to be thieving

msgyorkie:

Franglais:
Getting offended on behalf of others?
Do you take offence of someone slags off women? Maybe you do.
Do you like being part of a society where snide comments are the norm? Maybe you do.
Personally I don’t. I don’t the idea that someone could come come onto a UK truck drivers site and see such comments going unchallenged.
If you’ve any proof or evidence, give it to the police. If you can justify your remarks, carry on and do so. I’m listening.
If you can’t I’ll make a personal judgment about you. Not based on your race, religion or anything else, but on your actions and words.

I can tell this story as my dad is long dead and safe from prosecution. But pre EU days he would often be over the water and amongst the load in the trailer would be hidden various cases of alcohol and baccy. They all went to the local corner shop bretheren who just loved a bargain and a chance to make a nice profit. Would it be racist to say they were of the Pakistani community■■?

Of course it is OK to state a fact*.
Whether that fact is relevant may be another matter.
Who wants a profit more than a trader? Who is better placed to sell goods other than a shop keeper? Would you trust someone local you`ve known years or start hawking dodgy goods around strangers? If your local shop was owned by a white guy, would your Dad have gone out of his way to find a Pakistani shop keeper?

Why would thieves dump stolen trailers outside their own front door?
No need to call in Sherlock Holmes if crime solving is that easy. Just arrest those nearest.
And for what it`s worth, Rochdale town is nearly 80% white and over 60% Christian, so feel free to make of that what you will.
If the goods are in a Pakistani warehouse the thieves have driven 5,000 miles each way to frame the residents of Rochdale.

*edit later.
Shaky ground, I admit, but without a full length post…and I`ve other stuff to do now.

To return to the original thread, I’ve loaded out of that warehouse in Birchwood and was surprised at how lax security was.

chinese6:
To return to the original thread, I’ve loaded out of that warehouse in Birchwood and was surprised at how lax security was.

Booze and baccy are good items to shift. No (obvious) serial numbers, no electronic links as mobile phones and new cars have (try putting a newer stolen car on diagnostics at a dealer). Easy to sell on in small amounts, so untraceable cash is OK at the back end of the deal. Many see it as a victimless crime (the insurance will pay for that).
£150k? (retail) on those trailers? Double for premium brands.
Is that a transport warehouse, not a bond? HMRC will doubtless be involved in all of this.

Franglais:
Who wants a profit more than a trader? Who is better placed to sell goods other than a shop keeper? Would you trust someone local you`ve known years or start hawking dodgy goods around strangers? If your local shop was owned by a white guy, would your Dad have gone out of his way to find a Pakistani shop keeper?

No need to call in Sherlock Holmes if crime solving is that easy. Just arrest those nearest.
And for what it`s worth, Rochdale town is nearly 80% white and over 60% Christian, so feel free to make of that what you will.
If the goods are in a Pakistani warehouse the thieves have driven 5,000 miles each way to frame the residents of Rochdale.

*edit later.
Shaky ground, I admit, but without a full length post…and I`ve other stuff to do now.

What the actual ■■■■ are you on about?
You really do like the sound of your own voice no matter what…you literally made stuff up to be offended by… :unamused:

Here’s a couple for you fella…

It was well known for years, maybe still is, that a family from a small town near Liverpool who owned several small convenience stores in said town were involved with a Liverpool gang when it came to theft of loads, alcohol in particular. When loads were robbed, gang would work with family to distribute goods both in their shops and others throughout West Lancashire, family had a reasonably large storage facility due to chain of shops, no one would have noticed bulk deliveries etc.
Can I evidence it, nope, how do I know, well I know another shopkeeper from the town as I know his daughter and he told me all about it as he had been offered the service.
Do other people know, yep, will they tell, I guess not, especially as the last person that I know of who allegedly threatened to expose it ended up knifed to death in one of the stores in what the courts believed to be an act of self defence from one of the sons in the family, against a violent shoplifter, and not anything to do with a low level gang member in a money dispute.
The family were Pakistani just so you can cry racist at me, I’m sure you can make something up.
If you think my post is far fetched then no problem, if you’re wondering why the police haven’t sorted it, well, it’s because there pretty useless and this town is infamous for crime, to the point where, witnessed by me, I was once having a beer outside a pub in this town with father and daughter I mentioned earlier when over the road on a small piece of land a Luton van pulled up, open the back up where you could clearly see an ICB then a pump cam out and several cars and vans appeared, I was told then that this was the red diesel man who came 3 times a week, yep, in broad daylight outside a pub, so that chap, is why these things go on without the police, no one says anything.

One more thing fella, what do you make of those Rochdale figures that you googled, why did you post them up and suggest others “make of it what they will” when you’ve just bored on about others making sweeping generalisations without basis, what was your point to those figures against what has been posted on this subject?
I’d hate to think you were making ignorant generalisations about who drinks alcohol and what religions drink alcohol, so come on, what was you point about them, you’re very shouty about people needing to explain/evidence their view so explain that set of figures.

Norfolkinclue1:

Franglais:

*edit later.

What the actual [zb] are you on about?
You really do like the sound of your own voice no matter what…you literally made stuff up to be offended by… :unamused:

Here’s a couple for you fella…

It was well known for years, maybe still is, that a family from a small town near Liverpool who owned several small convenience stores in said town were involved with a Liverpool gang when it came to theft of loads, alcohol in particular. When loads were robbed, gang would work with family to distribute goods both in their shops and others throughout West Lancashire, family had a reasonably large storage facility due to chain of shops, no one would have noticed bulk deliveries etc.
Can I evidence it, nope, how do I know, well I know another shopkeeper from the town as I know his daughter and he told me all about it as he had been offered the service.
Do other people know, yep, will they tell, I guess not, especially as the last person that I know of who allegedly threatened to expose it ended up knifed to death in one of the stores in what the courts believed to be an act of self defence from one of the sons in the family, against a violent shoplifter, and not anything to do with a low level gang member in a money dispute.
The family were Pakistani just so you can cry racist at me, I’m sure you can make something up.
If you think my post is far fetched then no problem, if you’re wondering why the police haven’t sorted it, well, it’s because there pretty useless and this town is infamous for crime, to the point where, witnessed by me, I was once having a beer outside a pub in this town with father and daughter I mentioned earlier when over the road on a small piece of land a Luton van pulled up, open the back up where you could clearly see an ICB then a pump cam out and several cars and vans appeared, I was told then that this was the red diesel man who came 3 times a week, yep, in broad daylight outside a pub, so that chap, is why these things go on without the police, no one says anything.

One more thing fella, what do you make of those Rochdale figures that you googled, why did you post them up and suggest others “make of it what they will” when you’ve just bored on about others making sweeping generalisations without basis, what was your point to those figures against what has been posted on this subject?
I’d hate to think you were making ignorant generalisations about who drinks alcohol and what religions drink alcohol, so come on, what was you point about them, you’re very shouty about people needing to explain/evidence their view so explain that set of figures.

What have I “made up”?
If anyone, frightened about anything, cant be arsed to make an anonymous phone call about about a regular crime...what can we make of them? Doubtless they will spout some crap about "cant stand grasses" at the same time as they blame the cops for doing nowt.
Moan about crime but do nowt? Not care about that crime?
Those figures about Rochdale are from the 2001 Census, ONS.
Alcohol is haraam, or forbidden to Muslims. Pakistan is a constitutionally Muslim country. Is that specific enough?
To forestall any comment “I know a Muslim, and he drinks”, I wouldnt doubt it. (maybe more like to be "I know someone whos mothers, friends, brother`s workmate told him about one")
I was trying to make a wee joke about upcoming Christmas festivities. Obviously a weak joke, and it went past you.
(Doubtless aided by you being so obviously offended and irate about comments I made to someone else)

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mick Bracewell:

Harry Monk:
Cheshire Police said three HGVs and their trailers containing large quantities of alcohol were reported stolen.

“All three HGVs and one trailer were located a few hours later at an industrial estate in Middleton.”

So at most they abandoned one loaded trailer.

I expect the located trailer was empty and the other 2 were in a Pakistani warehouse closeby being swiftly unloaded. :slight_smile:

Are you really a truck driver? Or a part time reporter for the Daily Mail?
How long does it take to get a truck over the border into Pakistan?
Maybe the predominantly Muslim Pakistanis are desperate for alcohol to drink over the upcoming Christmas season?

Just because they don’t drink it doesn’t mean that they don’t deal with it, the majority of alcohol that comes in on the beer runs goes to warehouses predominantly run by Pakistanis and Indians, business is business regardless of your religious beliefs.

Muslims are forbidden to have any dealings with alcohol. They can’t even stock it on shelves or transport it. I agree there are some who drink and sell alcohol but then you can’t call them Muslims. Maybe you can refer to them as Pakistani or bengali or Indian or Arab etc

msgyorkie:

Franglais:
Getting offended on behalf of others?
Do you take offence of someone slags off women? Maybe you do.
Do you like being part of a society where snide comments are the norm? Maybe you do.
Personally I don’t. I don’t the idea that someone could come come onto a UK truck drivers site and see such comments going unchallenged.
If you’ve any proof or evidence, give it to the police. If you can justify your remarks, carry on and do so. I’m listening.
If you can’t I’ll make a personal judgment about you. Not based on your race, religion or anything else, but on your actions and words.

I can tell this story as my dad is long dead and safe from prosecution. But pre EU days he would often be over the water and amongst the load in the trailer would be hidden various cases of alcohol and baccy. They all went to the local corner shop bretheren who just loved a bargain and a chance to make a nice profit. Would it be racist to say they were of the Pakistani community■■?

Would you know the difference between a pakistani and Hindu and sikh aswell as bengali or Indian?

There are many things prohibited by various religions but that doesn’t mean that they don’t indulge or facilitate others to be able to indulge, just google Yasser Yaqub and watch the BBC documentary on him, saying that just because one person is from a certain religion doesn’t exclude them from committing crime that whatever particular fairy story they believe prohibits. In my experience the more a group claim their devout devotion to whatever deity they believe in the greater the hypocrisy amongst them

Daani:
Muslims are forbidden to have any dealings with alcohol.

They are also forbidden from having any dealings with illegal weapons or explosives! But so are Hindus, Christians, Buddhists et al . Criminals come in all sorts of colours and religious beliefs so I can’t for the life of me figure out why people are desperate to label criminals as anything but criminals.

the maoster:

Daani:
Muslims are forbidden to have any dealings with alcohol.

They are also forbidden from having any dealings with illegal weapons or explosives! But so are Hindus, Christians, Buddhists et al . Criminals come in all sorts of colours and religious beliefs so I can’t for the life of me figure out why people are desperate to label criminals as anything but criminals.

Absolutely agree, mate.
So when someone says that a thieved trailer is found in a predominately white area, and the goods are probably in a Pakistani warehouse nearby, what do YOU make of that?

Scraggy88:
Thing that gets me is who would steal such a load then just dump it somewhere else and leave it?

Car thieves steal high end cars and park them up somewhere and watch them for a while to see if they have a tracker fitted and its being tracked.
I assume this might be the same type of idea incase the trailer has a tracker fitted

Having read the comments on this thread, maybe im not as racist as I thought because whenever I read stories like this I always assume the thieves are white.
Not that it matters though because I agree with moaster. Criminals are criminals whether they are black, white, brown or whatever and should all be classed as scumbags

Speaking as a non thief (mostly :blush: )
Once the trailers are nicked, and Ive not the foggiest how to do that if units are attached, get them 25miles away, as here a quiet industrial estate, back an empty trailer up to them, metal plate and a couple of pump trucks, half hour and youre away in a clean vehicle. Could be anywhere by now.
Even half way to Karachi I s`pose.

What always puzzles me about these seasonal trailer robberies, is that nobody ever sees a thing. I can’t seem to haul anything without somebody noticing what I am up, especially if it is odd hours, or for a different customer. Or in some cases even before I have hitched up to the bloody thing.
Regarding the ethnic slurs, people should wake up to the fact that this country is being besieged by parasitic people determined to exploit every opportunity given by slack security and government.

Franglais:
So when someone says that a thieved trailer is found in a predominately white area, and the goods are probably in a Pakistani warehouse nearby, what do YOU make of that?

I don’t actually care enough to make anything of it tbh, I have many faults, casual racism is NOT one of them, but neither am I the righter of wrongs or the masked crusader. People are entitled to opinions no matter whether I agree or find them abhorrent. I have enough to do dealing with things that affect me without importing problems that I in reality don’t actually care that much about.

Janos:
Regarding the ethnic slurs, people should wake up to the fact that this country is being besieged by parasitic people determined to exploit every opportunity given by slack security and government.

Ok, I make enough to respond to this one! :smiley: :smiley: . Am I concerned about the hordes entering this country illegally? Of course I am, but I’m mature enough to know that the number of them intent on causing trouble is but a drop in the ocean when compared to the number of home grown scum we have wandering our streets thinking that they have a licence to do whatever they ■■■■ well please. ALL criminals of ANY persuasion should be dealt with ruthlessly and efficiently whilst the law abiding amongst us should not let our fear and prejudices be shaped by the media/government or whoever deems themselves fit to tell us who we should hate.

the maoster:
Am I concerned about the hordes entering this country illegally? Of course I am, but I’m mature enough to know that the number of them intent on causing trouble is but a drop in the ocean when compared to the number of home grown scum we have wandering our streets thinking that they have a licence to do whatever they ■■■■ well please. ALL criminals of ANY persuasion should be dealt with ruthlessly and efficiently whilst the law abiding amongst us should not let our fear and prejudices be shaped by the media/government or whoever deems themselves fit to tell us who we should hate.

I`ll agree with that, too.
See crime, report it and catch those criminals whilst deterring others.

How many is “hordes” I wonder?

And what does

Janos:
this country is being besieged

mean?

Mao, I say it as I see it. From the security guards who come into work in their taxis, fresh from night/day shift, to the early morning supermarket shoppers, hauling trolley loads of loo and kitchen roll out into waiting vans to be sold with mark up in their own shops, to the suitcases of whatever ( make your own mind up) that go into my export loads when they know I am not looking, to the literally countless other times we all see the exploitation of the rules of commerce, they are all from BAME backgrounds. I know we have our indigenous parasites, but the cat is out the bag now, we are being quite soundly f***ed by all and sundry for a quick rupee.
The curious thing is, that amongst the driving fraternity, I see very few of the same. Perhaps an honest hard worked rupee is just not as worthwhile for them as the one gained from graft. The American version, I mean.

Janos:
Mao, I say it as I see it. From the security guards who come into work in their taxis, fresh from night/day shift, to the early morning supermarket shoppers, hauling trolley loads of loo and kitchen roll out into waiting vans to be sold with mark up in their own shops, to the suitcases of whatever ( make your own mind up) that go into my export loads when they know I am not looking, to the literally countless other times we all see the exploitation of the rules of commerce, they are all from BAME backgrounds. I know we have our indigenous parasites, but the cat is out the bag now, we are being quite soundly f***ed by all and sundry for a quick rupee.
The curious thing is, that amongst the driving fraternity, I see very few of the same. Perhaps an honest hard worked rupee is just not as worthwhile for them as the one gained from graft. The American version, I mean.

Mate I’ll not disagree with what you say for the simple reason that you see things that I do not see and I probably see things that you do not. Does that make one of us right and the other wrong? Not at all, it merely gives us differing viewpoints.

I’m certainly no liberal snowflake as I believe that the only sure fire way to stem the flow of illegals is to machine gun the first small boat full leaving one alive to go back to France and spread the word. The view that I do not subscribe to however is that ne’er do wells come from any particular ethnic background. There’s good and bad in all walks of society.

And what does

Janos:
this country is being besieged

mean?
[/quote]
It means by the flotilla of boats full of illegal migrants arriving daily, it also means the ones that come in via trucks, it means the ones arriving in private boats at small ports, even the ones that drop in your garden from the undercarriage of an arriving 747. Whatever term you maywant to use, it is not a ‘trickle’.