Tippers and bulkers

Hi all was just sat here wondering why is it that most truck drivers seem to have a bad opinion of tipper and bulker drivers?

We watched “Hell Drivers” :wink:

Harry Monk:
We watched “Hell Drivers” :wink:

Thought you was in it harry, feels as tho i was being so long ago :laughing:

digbydog99:
Hi all was just sat here wondering why is it that most truck drivers seem to have a bad opinion of tipper and bulker drivers?

In London it’s a well known fact that cab drivers will run thier grannie over for a fare,well,meet thier HGV cousins.

I resemble that remark lol :smiley: :smiley:

I don’t think it’s tippers as a whole, just the muckaway ones that got the bad reputation, this was down to the fact that being paid by the load meant that the faster you went, the more loads you could get in each day, even firms that paid a day rate wouldn’t stop the drivers belting around, more money is/was earned at the tip than in the wage packets :grimacing:

I get paid by the hour no rush no pressure no load bonuses nothings ever a problem

I’m salary paid - no need to rush, 2 to 4 hour delivery windows, life’s a bleeding doddle :smiley:

Nowt wrong with bulk tanker drivers, but 8 wheeler tipper men :laughing:

We’re scum of the earth as bulkers, i dont care though, as i know i get to do a job i really enjoy, and see some interesting sights, and get into/out of some interesting places too :smiling_imp:

TonyCBR:
We’re scum of the earth as bulkers, i dont care though, as i know i get to do a job i really enjoy, and see some interesting sights, and get into/out of some interesting places too :smiling_imp:

Same here,muck one day, premix plant next, private houses, road jobs beats sleeping out for £20 per night. I am on a bonus scheme by the standard load but I don’t worry about it whereas some add up each load as if they were an owner driver. If I get held up nobody rings me Stobart style to remind me I’m late (wouldn’t give a toss if they did) what doesn’t get done by 4pm stays on til the following morning :smiley:
AND NO NIGHTS OR WEEKENDS! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

nothing wrong with tipper drivers done that for thirty years its all the other perfect drivers who seem to have the problem with them. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

No prizes for guessing that the sugar beet campaign has started, mud and sugar beet on the roads for the next six months. The odd broken mirror etc.

digbydog99:

Minority of them drive like idiots and we tar all of them with the same brush. Just like all fridge drivers are noisy ■■■■■■■■■ all trolley dolleys are slow and inconsiderate etc etc.

tofer:

digbydog99:

Minority of them drive like idiots and we tar all of them with the same brush. Just like all fridge drivers are noisy [zb], all trolley dolleys are slow and inconsiderate etc etc.

The difference is that their negative aspects remain visible long after they have gone, the queue behind a slow lorry disperses quickly and without trace.

Sometimes I wish my truck was as fast as some of them tippers, they go past like your parked up on the hard shoulder :open_mouth:

My Daf is limited to 55mph but in some ways i am spoilt because it is all of our own stuff i deliver and 90% of what i collect is for us to.We have no booking times to chase so i am never late lol.
That said i also have to know how to drive various loading shovels from the monster Volvo shovels down to JCB loadalls

the big un:
My Daf is limited to 55mph but in some ways i am spoilt because it is all of our own stuff i deliver and 90% of what i collect is for us to.We have no booking times to chase so i am never late lol.
That said i also have to know how to drive various loading shovels from the monster Volvo shovels down to JCB loadalls

The Foden only does 55 tops, but she don’t take long to get there (it does have a 12litre cat squeezed in there!)
Have noticed that it’s mostly Scania pimpmobiles that don’t acknowledge when you flash them in. Someone said tippers always flyby you- it’s true. The 4000 series Fodens would do about 58mph must be how they’re setup.

We can on usually ■■■■ past everyone when we are loaded. As for people slagging tipper work off I’ve done multi drop general and abroad work and think tipper work is the best work as someone above said done by 4. No nights out. Get to go rallying in the tips. I currently do tipper work in london. And only thing I don’t like is the traffic

And that my scania has such a crap turning circle :blush:

I have done fridges,curtains,tankers,low loaders uk and european I love the challenge of my job now having a blower aswell as a tipper means its always a different.I have to think about what im doing if its finding a farm down a lane built for horse and carts or if its blowing wheat into a silo making sure it dosent block cause i hate sweeping up lol