Tipper makes a mess

Of this car on the slip road.

shropshirestar.com/news/2012 … collision/

Looks like the car driver had his foot hard on the brake or was shunted up the road.
No frontal damage.

it looks to me like the car was on the hard shoulder, and the lorry driver hit it.
if that is the case, then the lorry driver should pack in driving.

Wasn’t he in a magazine showing off his forearms a few years ago? Could be wrong…

Notice the skid marks on the hard shoulder:

Hard shoulder strikes are increasing, luckily there was no-one killed in this one :cry:

Obstruction on the hard shoulder? Slow Down, or Move Over.

The name rings a bell; Maybe the wagon’s on Renegades’ Welsh border thread? Looking at the other picture of the crash, perhaps the lorry driver had his view obstructed with all that junk in the 'screen?

NathanB:
The name rings a bell; Maybe the wagon’s on Renegades’ Welsh border thread? Looking at the other picture of the crash, perhaps the lorry driver had his view obstructed with all that junk in the 'screen?

Yes it is, he works out of Bayston hill quarry Shrewsbury.

Well I counted 21 yellow people at the scene ,can any one on here tell what any of them are actually doing.

I counted 24 yellow jackets…is that the same thing ■■

I see 12 water fairies, 4 first aiders, 3 highway maintenance, 2 highway men, 3 old bill.

Good job nobody was in the back the car.

cieranc:

Hard shoulder strikes are increasing, luckily there was no-one killed in this one :cry:

Obstruction on the hard shoulder? Slow Down, or Move Over.

Skid marks on the hard shoulder!bet theyre bigger in his grundys!

alamcculloch:
Well I counted 21 yellow people at the scene ,can any one on here tell what any of them are actually doing.

Yes, they are clearing up after an accident.

GasGas:

alamcculloch:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Which ones?

Happydaze:

GasGas:

alamcculloch:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Which ones?

They are waiting for the paperwork to be sorted first :slight_smile:

They all have to agree on a risk assessment first. Could be a while…

limeyphil:
it looks to me like the car was on the hard shoulder, and the lorry driver hit it.
if that is the case, then the lorry driver should pack in driving.

Correct… The car was broken down on the hard shoulder and the tipper ran into the back of it.

alamcculloch:

Standing about talking, someone lost the paper work they trying to trace there footsteps where it was left

cieranc:

Err they’re not skid mards its tyre marks from the puddle on the side of the shoulder

nickyboy:

cieranc:

Err they’re not skid mards its tyre marks from the puddle on the side of the shoulder

Nice to see the Wombles posing with their hands in pockets, must be part of their training :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

alamcculloch:

Have you ever actually been at the scene of a seriouse accident or incident ?

Protect the scene is the first priority, to make sure some other pleb doesn’t kill you whilst your trying to deal with the incident.

Assess the scene, is it safe to go in and deal or are there hazards that if ignored will simply add you to the casualty list?

Prioritise resources and response, can fire, police, ambulance, HATO’s and recovery get to the scene and if so, what are their priorities when they get there?

Once they are all there or as and when each arrives, the priorities of one group takes precedence over the other, they work as a team to ensure the casualty is stabilised, extracted and evacuated as quickly and safely as possible.

The post incident investigation then begin’s assuming worst case scenario (the casualty dies) and working backwards from that point.

Would you be happy if it was one of your loved ones, they were dragged out of their vehicle inflicting extra injury from which they died, but no prosecution took place because everyone simply recovered the vehicles, swept up and went home?

God forbid it is me in this situation one day, but if it is, I hope all 20+ turn up and do the most methodical, professional job they can.