Timber Haulage £?

How much is timber haulage these days, Northumberland area (ish)■■?

In felled, ready to collect at roadside with grab artic form BTW… :blush:

Google translate didn’t work, would you please repeat that in English?

TIMBER haulage cost for customers wanting felled timber moved to their premises from, say a forest…

Goldfinger:
TIMBER haulage cost for customers wanting felled timber moved to their premises from, say a forest…

Must agree with you, a forest seems a good place to pick timber up from :laughing:

raymundo:

Goldfinger:

Must agree with you, a forest seems a good place to pick timber up from :laughing:

Yeah, where else??

I’d gues they must be on a decent rate looking at some of the motors the boys round here run. They’ve got some good kit going in and out the woods and they always look well turned out so fair play to them! I have heard from a retired timber hauler that it’s not an easy game to get into if you don’t know the right people, whether that’s true or not I don’t know.

trubster:
Google translate didn’t work, would you please repeat that in English?

It worked perfectly for me. Guy wants a price to load and deliver a load of felled timber.

Lucky you’re not a haulier, you missed out on a job there! :wink:

This really depends, is it going to Italy, or 100 yards down the road?!?!

Berwick to Blyth I think it’ll be.

Goldfinger:
Berwick to Blyth I think it’ll be.

work out your own costs first and what rates you will need to make a profit. Decide on your minimum before you even enquire what they are paying.

Are they loading boats in Blythe, or is it going to this new biomass power station they have been creating at the site of the original power station?

I’m neither a HGV driver or even an O/D anymore.

And no to the other 2 questions Bluey.

I was just enquiring about how much it would be to shift some felled timber to our own place for our wood fuel business.

But since the OH has read the replies over my shoulder, she’s asking ‘if that’s the standard of replies on here* - you shouldn’t have asked!!!’ :open_mouth:

try owner and fleet operator forum

If it’s hundred’s of ton’s it’ll probably be ■■ amount per ton,if it’s a few loads to gather up and deliver it might be an hourly rate,timber crane’s with a good operator aint cheap mind

Ring up local timber hauliers they will probably want to know where its coming from and going to and give u a price per full load.
The mills pay them per ton but you are unlikely to find a haulier u can pay per ton due to u being a one man band. If the timber has been on the ground for a long time it will weigh sod all and the haulier will struggle to get full weight on so wouldnt be able to make as much being paid per ton. Mills dictate the rates so hauliers aint got much choice. Most hauliers wud probably turn u down if u offered to pay by ton but wud probably offer there services if u paid per load.

GOG47:
If it’s hundred’s of ton’s it’ll probably be ■■ amount per ton,if it’s a few loads to gather up and deliver it might be an hourly rate,timber crane’s with a good operator aint cheap mind

What about a crane with a ■■■■■ operator? [emoji6]

happysack:

GOG47:

What about a crane with a [zb] operator? [emoji6]

They would ask you :wink:

Colin_scottish:

happysack:

GOG47:

But they didn’t request a bad attitude! :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:

Colin_scottish:

happysack:

GOG47:

But they didn’t request a bad attitude! :grimacing:

■■■■ all wrong with my ■■■■■■■ attitude

I had a play with a log loader and I tried what the real op did, swing the logs to land it on the end to square them up before putting them on the truck, bloody things went every where so picked em up one at a time and gave up !

Goldfinger:
I’m neither a HGV driver or even an O/D anymore.

And no to the other 2 questions Bluey.

I was just enquiring about how much it would be to shift some felled timber to our own place for our wood fuel business.

But since the OH has read the replies over my shoulder, she’s asking ‘if that’s the standard of replies on here* - you shouldn’t have asked!!!’ :open_mouth:

in the repliers defence Goldfinger the original post didn’t exactly say that did it?

I read it as you were sat thinking oh I might be able to get onto some timber work locally at best.

maybe if you had put what would be the cost to transport 24 tonnes of timber from my yard in Berwick to our other depot in blyth you may have got better answers.