Timber haulage in the uk

Well I have started with the steel haulage lets have some timber haulage !
Here we go

seen on Carlisle truckstop

found this on big lorry blog

Ulceby.

TIMBEEEEEEEEER!!

dock n log 020.jpg

dock n log 017.jpg

Minto & sons northumberland

scan0258.jpg

scan0222.jpg

scan0190.jpg

scan0038.jpg

Great pictures lads like the old and the new pictures. Nice too see some working trucks that are really working hard. Tony

Heres a picture taken at Dobbies at Shrewsbury . Tony

Seen at the Oswestry truck show .

heres a few more of minto and sons mercman

scan0266.jpg

scan0041.jpg

Helps if I send the picture !!

Sadly no photographs but I remember the money we earned, it was like a licence to print money if you had a lorry and a logging trailer. I had seen an advert for tree fellers so me and a couple of mates went down to Dorking. :wink:

The October 1987 gales led to a mammoth clean-up operation in the south of England. Some 50 million trees blew down, with more timber destroyed than in any other single storm in the 20th century. Weald and Suffolk Forest Districts both lost the equivalent of a ten years’ felling programme; Bedgebury lost three times its annual cut. The vast majority of blown timber was salvaged and marketed.

Our gang of cut throats and ne’er do wells were working out of the Boxhill and Tilmanstone area at the time :stuck_out_tongue:

During the night of October 15th 1987 the southern part of England was hit by the worst storm in over 250 years. By the time the storm dissipated the following day it had left a trail of destruction across the country, killing at least 18 people. The storms also ravaged France, adding a further four people to the death toll.

Great pictures Markus. Heres another shiny one from the Oswestry truck show. Mind you I like the working picures better . Tony

Great pictures here guys.

I have to say I feel home in this thread as is started. The cause is during my childhood I had to do with timber as my father carry to sawmill he vas employed to in the past. It was the Swedish pine and grain. He uses 3-axle Volvo Titan and a 2-axle trailer and I was always exited when I ride with him. As a loader had he a BM H10/55 (Baklastare) as was a tractor in where the driver sat over the large wheels and had the timber grip in front of where he sat. It was a good loader but when I locked at the picture were the lorry with crane lighten from the ground I don’t think our loader should manage this huge tread. H10 had a max tip load of 1,350.

Here is a BM Volvo LM 841 (LM=LoadMachine) load timber. The driver seems not professional: youtube.com/watch?v=DNtfclrR … re=related LM 841 were a lot stronger and heavy than H10 and it is a four-wheeler.

May I ask what name the timber has as is hauling/loading on the pictures?

Have a god day!
Lars-Gunnar :slight_smile:

Hi mercman, (Tony)
Here’s a few of my old motors,and an ERF from Dave the Renegade’s part of the world.
Regards
Richard

FH13:
Great pictures here guys.

I have to say I feel home in this thread as is started. The cause is during my childhood I had to do with timber as my father carry to sawmill he vas employed to in the past. It was the Swedish pine and grain. He uses 3-axle Volvo Titan and a 2-axle trailer and I was always exited when I ride with him. As a loader had he a BM H10/55 (Baklastare) as was a tractor in where the driver sat over the large wheels and had the timber grip in front of where he sat. It was a good loader but when I locked at the picture were the lorry with crane lighten from the ground I don’t think our loader should manage this huge tread. H10 had a max tip load of 1,350.

Here is a BM Volvo LM 841 (LM=LoadMachine) load timber. The driver seems not professional: youtube.com/watch?v=DNtfclrR … re=related LM 841 were a lot stronger and heavy than H10 and it is a four-wheeler.

May I ask what name the timber has as is hauling/loading on the pictures?

Have a god day!
Lars-Gunnar :slight_smile:

I love the comments.

“First time you drive traktor?” :stuck_out_tongue:

my old scania

WheelNut thank you.
Volvo Rundnos 90 Hp.jpg

Nice View