Tightest place you have loaded

Where is the tightest place you have had to load at. Superglass at Stirling for me. Small yard with too many trialers and no formal bays. Only about 1 foot either side when empty maximum and then they load with insulation causing the sides to expand. I am normally in and out checking half a dozen times :blush:

I used to drop/lift trailers there quite a lot with Roadferry… Not that bad a place. The bays are tight though.

any dairy crests own distribution places
lidal bay77 w super m b4 they removed the fuel pumps
asda didcot to name just afew

We load at a place I can’t mention where the bay has a shroud which is narrower than the width of the fridge trailer when the rear doors are open, as a result, every time we load there the door retaining clips on both doors get bent to right-angles.

Derby, city centre co-op, on Alstons !

3663 Royton on a sunday morning when all their own wagons are still parked up :open_mouth:

bloody hell going back years i think it was white arrow at somewhere of the M5. someone will remember cos if you’ve been you wont forget.

jessicas dad:
bloody hell going back years i think it was white arrow at somewhere of the M5. someone will remember cos if you’ve been you wont forget.

Berry hill ind est,Droitwich by any chance■■? Tighter than a ducks arse :open_mouth:

Most of our shops are really tight…they don’t even make you a brew :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Tightest place I ever unloaded was a long time ago when you could still find 18yr old virgins :open_mouth: :laughing:

the woolworths depot at rotherham was tight. if they backed you in next to another truck, you couldn’t get out of the cab! you were penned in by the pillar or the cab of the truck next to you.

rackhams in brum was another fave. the loading bay is on the 5th floor, up a ramp with a pillar in the middle of it. when you get to the top, there’s a turntable in the floor. only it’s been fixed in place so you have to shunt yourself round, trying to miss more pillars.

Anyone who has ever been to OCG Cacao in Antwerp will know the reason it is mentioned in this thread :laughing:

used to load at a eletrical place in aberdare bay at floor height of trailer cant even get unit and trailer straight so jack knife in required,
only about a inch either side of trailer in this place,also gyproc at east leake.

cheeky monkey:

jessicas dad:

Berry hill ind est,Droitwich by any chance■■? Tighter than a ducks arse :open_mouth:

I remember going to work there on the agency. The trailers in the yard were packed so tight together that you couldn’t get in to wind the legs up an d they were thos ones with no overhang at all at the back. When I got back i had to blindside into a space and, after twenty goes, i gave up and asked a shunter to do it. He just stuck the rear of the trailer in the space and nudged the others out of the way 'till it went in.

When they started to use “normal” trailers they had to widen the bays.

Got sent to lift a 20ft office out of the service area under Windsor train station the other week,couldn’t get the crane out at all,after 7 hours of swearing and sweating guy turns around and say’s ‘by the way we used a couple of fork trucks to put it in’ :imp:
TANGO
WHISKY
ALPHA
TANGO

Simon :sunglasses:

McPlod:
Where is the tightest place you have had to load at. Superglass at Stirling for me. Small yard with too many trialers and no formal bays. Only about 1 foot either side when empty maximum and then they load with insulation causing the sides to expand. I am normally in and out checking half a dozen times :blush:

used to go in there quite a bit when pulling for curries and it was a pain in the ■■■■. i used to dump em round the back and ■■■■ off before they caught me…

Tightest yard I have ever had to put a trailer on the “bay” is TNT Luton - the only place I have ever known where it is common practice to use one trailer to move another out the way - or just push one along the side of another to get it in. Not so bad when you have one of the really old ones, but not so good when you have a brand new shiny one !!!

G

I have posted this before, but a quick recap,
We had a job to move some wide sections of ventilation trunking from Cramlington to Sheppy were they were getting shipped to Mexico.

The factory these were built in had 5 metre wide doors, these sections were a gnats whisker under 5 metre- or would have been if they didnt have a flange on them where they bolted to the section underneath that added about another 2 inches to the width, with the runners for the roller shutter doors removed a groove was cut into the brickwork each side of the door at the right height . just enough to get the sticky out bit through :grimacing:

before loading you had to get the unit and trailer inch perfect and totally straight inside the bay, and then when loading get the load perfectly centred on the trailer before inching out, it was that tight you couldnt sheet or secure it inside as it wouldnt have fitted through.

You want tight ? 5.01 meters through a genuine 5 metre doorway :slight_smile: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

and we didnt just do this was there was quite a few of the buggers to move :slight_smile:

also seem to remember this job I was on in Birkenhead (although not driving the self propelled trailers… thats beyond my pay scale :slight_smile: ) was a bit tight

Woolies in Swindon was a pain couldnt get out the cab I think all their places were like that (RDC’s)

Used to do Quakers years ago and had to back into the shed to load like an old railway bay had to open curtains 1st and tuck them in on the bed and the same for a place in grantham loading dog food etc was the same not really tight but a pain if it was raining

newmercman:
Tightest place I ever unloaded was a long time ago when you could still find 18yr old virgins :open_mouth: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

very good

white arrow in bolton is a bit of a ■■■■■â–