Thunking of buying Tomtom 6000

So any advice or reasons not too.

I have a tablet I use currently with Igo truck nav on it which to be fair works fine although very occasionally the app will crash but not very often.

I can buy the 6000 for £319.99 less 20% for trading in a very old go500 I have kicking around and use my Ford owners discount card to get a further 15% off so well work out at £207 a steal I think.

Snooper are far too expensive aguri fairly unknown and Chinese one is available for a cheap price and I know several drivers swear by their cheap ones.

Again is it worth buying the Chinese one from Chris on eBay for £69.99 when you can buy the same pretty much for half the price.

Or do I just stick with my tablet running Igo which cost nowt as I already had it lol

Not easy to make a decision.

Phone up tomtom its a London number and they will sell you a new 6000 trucker for £239.99
then you can sell your old sat nav

Haha my old go500 is worth about 1 quid it’s useless and has the wrong firmware and Maps on it so not worth selling. Could still get it cheaper than tomtom direct from halfrauds.

Look here bellend! :smiley:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=128137

Although I’m not sure if the offer is still live, you can do that! :grimacing:

Have you THUNK about whether Halfords will let you use two discounts at once, as that’s not common with discounts…

Thunk about this…buy one from Chris,I’ve had one for 12 months now and it’s absobloodylutely spot on.
If it only lasts 2 years you’ll be able to buy 4 for what the tomtom costs which would give you 8 years use,doubt the tomtom would last that long.

Evil8Beezle:

Have you THUNK about whether Halfords will let you use two discounts at once, as that’s not common with discounts…

It is still working bar the case.
They have no cases in stock, I photned up yesterday and they just asked if I had a tomtom before and I told them yes thats all the proof they need

montytom:

Evil8Beezle:

It is still working bar the case.
They have no cases in stock, I photned up yesterday and they just asked if I had a tomtom before and I told them yes thats all the proof they need

Well a carry case may be nice but not essential. I personally use a sleeve to protect the screen in a Wall’s ice-cream tub as it’s the perfect size to allow me to store all the cables, along with a few other bits like a Hella adapter and a small power pack.

However this looks quite good: ebay.co.uk/itm/like/11183323 … pla&crdt=0
But I’m a cheapskate and a thief may not think to look in my lunchbox! :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:

I have used my discount card in conjunction with other offers before, it does not say can’t be used in conjunction with any other offers lol

Having said that the staff tend to be clueless and even sometimes work then discount out wrong as in too much discount.

I would still try and get both discounts nowt to lose if they say it can’t be done.

Looked at terms of trade in offer does not state not to be used in conjunction with any other offers and neither does my card. So if I decide to get one then I would certainly try it and see what they say.

Word of warning to anyone going for the ‘cheap truck-nav’ option. Bought one from Ebay the other week for around £40, the brand is called ‘GOLDBAY’ . It works great for weight limits and other road conditions - advanced warning on tight bends/ hills etc etc - however it has failed to recognise two low bridges now. Luckily I was in a rigid both times and got turned around without much drama. I had set the height to a few inches below my actual but the bridge was still 6" + lower so I would advice avoiding this particular brand .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CKennedy1:
Word of warning to anyone going for the ‘cheap truck-nav’ option. Bought one from Ebay the other week for around £40, the brand is called ‘GOLDBAY’ . It works great for weight limits and other road conditions - advanced warning on tight bends/ hills etc etc - however it has failed to recognise two low bridges now. Luckily I was in a rigid both times and got turned around without much drama. I had set the height to a few inches below my actual but the bridge was still 6" + lower so I would advice avoiding this particular brand .

It is a problem with the map files. There was a topic and solution somewhere on the forum, cant find on my mobile

Try copilot truck on the tablet or aponia

It nothing to do with the map files its just the bridges have not been mapped to mapped incorrectly when the map data was put together from the software company this can happen as I understand it many of these cheep tablet sat navs use cracked versions of sat nav apps so they may not always be either up to date or there may be information missing from the map files

Priest:

CKennedy1:

Why was it set below the height of the truck it should be set at or above the truck height. This will ensure low bridges are avoided when routing

alix776:

Priest:

CKennedy1:

Why was it set below the height of the truck it should be set at or above the truck height. This will ensure low bridges are avoided when routing

Sorry, wrote that wrong lol! Was set above actual height [emoji23] * feels stupid*.

alix776:

Will do, thanks

alix776:

We have CoPilot Professional on the PDAs we use for Microlise. To be honest I find it quite poor all around London where quite often right turns are not allowed. It also appears to be missing the One Way status of a lot of roads. Neither are total disasters, but it can easily end up wasting a lot of time.

When where they last updated mine is fine in London map updates for it are yearly

alix776:
When where they last updated mine is fine in London map updates for it are yearly

Not sure TBH - We were led to believe that they were fully up-to-date when we started using them in February (although that info could well have been company bullshine to keep the drivers happy…).

I’ll have a look at one in the week and see what the score is.

The version on my iPhone works fine I’d say the maps are out of date personally