Thunking of buying Tomtom 6000

alix776:
It nothing to do with the map files its just the bridges have not been mapped to mapped incorrectly when the map data was put together from the software company this can happen as I understand it many of these cheep tablet sat navs use cracked versions of sat nav apps so they may not always be either up to date or there may be information missing from the map files

it has, mate, believe me

these tablets are missing tfr file which is responsible for managing bridge heights. I have posted about it in the appropriate thread as well as the set of files that fix the issue

Bit if you had bought a cheep android tablet and then bought the genuine application it would work without a problem sometimes you get what you pay for with eBay truck apps usually start around £45 for UK mapping rising to around 160 for full eu. On certain apps.

What about the garmin 760? Bit pricier but lifetime maps and traffic. There manufacturers recon units for about 260 ish on eBay. I didn’t think that was bad

Priest:

alix776:
It nothing to do with the map files its just the bridges have not been mapped to mapped incorrectly when the map data was put together from the software company this can happen as I understand it many of these cheep tablet sat navs use cracked versions of sat nav apps so they may not always be either up to date or there may be information missing from the map files

it has, mate, believe me

these tablets are missing tfr file which is responsible for managing bridge heights. I have posted about it in the appropriate thread as well as the set of files that fix the issue

Priest is correct, I have a NozaCrap (as well as a tomTom) and fixed the bridge height fault by installing new files that Priest sorted out…

Evil8Beezle:
Have you THUNK …

Ha ha I never noticed the misspelling on the title and it didn’t click when I read your post either. Just noticed it now.

Who’d have thunk it lol

Well I’d have THUNK that as I put it in capitals, you’d have spotted it a bit quicker…
Xichrisxi picked you up on it as well! :wink:

You’re slower than a Tesco’s motor! :laughing: