Thug In A Van

toby1234abc:
I blame the cyclist for shouting out names to the van driver, it is non of the cyclists business if the van man is on his phone, that is down to the Police to see him using it, not a do gooder on two wheels telling drivers off.
That day he presses the wrong buttons and makes van man see red mist.
He got was coming, so in future, wind his beak in and keep out of peoples business.

I see where your coming from,

But ! the van driver is in the wrong, he needs to be taken off the road if he is unable to drive properly and control his aggression, and its like saying if you see some old fella fall over in the street why stop and go over and help… its the ambulance services job not myne im not a trained paramedic.

I for one will say something and do something to help out any situation, altho I wouldnt be acting agressivley like the cyclist, I would tame my words a bit to avoid the red mist.

happysack:
Oh wow another cycle cam/dash cam/helmet cam* post.

*delete as appropriate

Short but pointless. No one asked you to view it. And no one asked you to post either. If you don’t like it just press back and move on.
Most videos put on here have never been posted before. And each incident is unique. Not exactly a case of seen one,seen em all

But there seems to be a new age of cyclist who will try and demonise any driver for the slightest transgression. We’ve all seen idiots like the ‘traffic droid’ on youtube who will actively go out of their way to make feelings known to any driver for any offence, even unintentional ones. Going as far as sticking cameras on sticks through peoples windows or forcing measuring tapes in peoples cars to over emphasise a point. it wont be long till one of his ilk gets seriously injured by choosing the wrong person to do it to.

A cyclist who appeared to be knocked off his bike and assaulted in a YouTube video has been found but does not want to press charges, police said.

The footage showed the cyclist in an altercation with a van driver on the Essex/London border in Hornchurch.

Essex Police had urged the cyclist to come forward, but it has emerged he was spoken to at the time the incident was filmed in December.

No further action will be taken, a Metropolitan Police spokesman said.

The force was made aware of a “personal injury collision” between the cyclist and the van on 8 December, the spokesman added.

At that time, no allegation of a crime was made.

When the video was re-posted by another YouTube user on Thursday, Havering Police spoke to the cyclist again who confirmed he did not want to pursue any allegations.

A 34-year-old man, understood to be the van driver, was interviewed under caution at an east London police station on Friday, the spokesman added.

Inquiries are continuing.

The footage, viewed more than 327,000 times, shows a van with the livery of Taylor Landscaping, a company based in Billericay, Essex.

The BBC could not reach Taylor Landscaping for a comment.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-30869791

Driver-Once-More:

A cyclist who appeared to be knocked off his bike and assaulted in a YouTube video has been found but does not want to press charges, police said.

The footage showed the cyclist in an altercation with a van driver on the Essex/London border in Hornchurch.

Essex Police had urged the cyclist to come forward, but it has emerged he was spoken to at the time the incident was filmed in December.

No further action will be taken, a Metropolitan Police spokesman said.

The force was made aware of a “personal injury collision” between the cyclist and the van on 8 December, the spokesman added.

At that time, no allegation of a crime was made.

When the video was re-posted by another YouTube user on Thursday, Havering Police spoke to the cyclist again who confirmed he did not want to pursue any allegations.

A 34-year-old man, understood to be the van driver, was interviewed under caution at an east London police station on Friday, the spokesman added.

Inquiries are continuing.

The footage, viewed more than 327,000 times, shows a van with the livery of Taylor Landscaping, a company based in Billericay, Essex.

The BBC could not reach Taylor Landscaping for a comment.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-30869791

Surely he MUST be done for using the vehicle as a weapon / dangerous driving or, if he denies doing it deliberately, driving without due care and attention?

I don’t care about the rest, the cyclist instigated it by shouting ‘get off your phone you muppet’, that’s going to get anyones back up and is asking for confrontation, but that doesn’t mean run him over with the van.

All i can see is a bellend cyclist thinking hes untouchable with a camera cycling round trying to get youtube footage and playing pc plod, but unfortunatley people are out there who dont care about things like cameras and jail and this tool cyclist just happened to meet one, hopefully thE cyclist keeps his gob shut in future as all these videos are becoming a bit of a pain, white van man 1 cyclist 0

Underneath that list of things on the rear of the van, it ought to say “Decking”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Plugster:
All i can see is a bellend cyclist thinking hes untouchable with a camera cycling round trying to get youtube footage and playing pc plod, but unfortunatley people are out there who dont care about things like cameras and jail and this tool cyclist just happened to meet one, hopefully thE cyclist keeps his gob shut in future as all these videos are becoming a bit of a pain, white van man 1 cyclist 0

Really that’s all you can see! You should go to specsavers. So the cyclist has a helmet cam, tell me the difference between that & a truck having a roadhawk. So you think it’s ok to just stop & assault people on the road? Fyi the cyclist didn’t report the incident & hasn’t,as of today, made any complaint to the police, I’m led to believe he won’t. Your friend the thug did hand himself in to the police though.

The-Snowman:
Short but pointless. No one asked you to view it. And no one asked you to post either. If you don’t like it just press back and move on.
Most videos put on here have never been posted before. And each incident is unique. Not exactly a case of seen one,seen em all

Jesus. You seem to get offended at almost everything which is posted on here… :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:
Underneath that list of things on the rear of the van, it ought to say “Decking”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Decking a speciality :wink: :wink:

Olog Hai:

The-Snowman:

happysack:
Oh wow another cycle cam/dash cam/helmet cam* post.

*delete as appropriate

Jesus. You seem to get offended at almost everything which is posted on here… :open_mouth:

He’s a sensitive soul. :laughing:

quote=“Olog Hai”]Jesus. You seem to get offended at almost everything which is posted on here… :open_mouth:
[/quote]
Im offended by that! :smiley:

Thinking outside the box here, from the van drivers perspective, the scenario is as follows ;
He has found out his wife is having an affair, his daughter is not doing well at school, the tax man threatens jail for unpaid tax, his car engine has blown up.
Then Police Constable Officer Dibble comes along and calls him a muppet.
He pressed his button, and has done it to other motorists on many occasions and got away with a big grin on his face in winding up people.
The cyclist won’t do that again.
There was Magnatom on Tnuk,a robocop cylist demon on two wheels, posting his ranting and raving.

Snow man is just one of those posters who pops up on here and posts on every topic under the sun. An instant expert. Don’t worry snowy,you aren’t the only one.

I think he might be offended by that.

happysack:
Snow man is just one of those posters who pops up on here and posts on every topic under the sun. An instant expert. Don’t worry snowy,you aren’t the only one.

I never claim to be an expert. But if I have an opinion on something am I not allowed to express it? Isnt that what forums are for? And if I feel im in the right am I not allowed to say so?
I saw a video that I thought was worth posting so I did.
Im the first to admit I have a quick temper and I fly off the handle too quickly. Its something im working on. But I wont let anyone insult me or be condesending. I wouldn’t allow it to my face so I certainly wont tolerate it from a faceless name on a forum board.
I dont think im much worse than most on here but if I realise im in the wrong Ill hold my hands up and admit it.

Contraflow:
I think he might be offended by that.

And you stop trying to wind me up!

toby1234abc:
Thinking outside the box here, from the van drivers perspective, the scenario is as follows ;
He has found out his wife is having an affair, his daughter is not doing well at school, the tax man threatens jail for unpaid tax, his car engine has blown up.
He pressed his button, and has done it to other motorists on many occasions and got away with a big grin on his face in winding up people.
There was Magnatom on Tnuk,a robocop cylist demon on two wheels, posting his ranting and raving.

Entirely possible of course but a more likely scenario is that;
The guy drives a van because he’s too thick to do anything else, doesn’t even have a full licence. Thinks the roads were built for him & him alone & so the rules of the road don’t apply to him, sees anyone in front of him as a challenge. He’s allowed to use a phone while driving one handed because he can. Has a small ■■■■■ but can snort coke & smoke dope because he’s down wiv the kids. Thinks he’s a hard man as he has short hair, everyone else calls it receding but he says he prefers it short. To sum up, a total bellend who, when he goes to jail will end up swallowing man meat for Mars bars.

BillyHunt:

toby1234abc:

Entirely possible of course but a more likely scenario is that;
The guy drives a van because he’s too thick to do anything else, doesn’t even have a full licence. Thinks the roads were built for him & him alone & so the rules of the road don’t apply to him, sees anyone in front of him as a challenge. He’s allowed to use a phone while driving one handed because he can. Has a small ■■■■■ but can snort coke & smoke dope because he’s down wiv the kids. Thinks he’s a hard man as he has short hair, everyone else calls it receding but he says he prefers it short. To sum up, a total bellend who, when he goes to jail will end up swallowing man meat for Mars bars.

or the bin wagon nearly rips the cyclists face off, cyclist gets a bit ■■■■■■■ van gives him ample room but then has to come back in to the kerb at some point, cyclist doesnt slow down to let the consideriate van driver in , cyclist see van driver on phone and decides to call someone he doesnt know anything about a muppet, van driver flips on said tool and smacks him one, cyclist provoked it van driver took it to another level, plus we dont live in america so gang bumming dont go on in jail, the lifer wings have there own little ■■■■■■■ but they do that by choice, you more likely to be slashed up for not minding someone elses drugs or not converting to islam in a british jail than you are to be bummed, by the way billy have you ever been on a lifers wing, sure ive seen you going the name of brenda from b wing giving mr big all ya puddings

Not me old son, never tasted man milk in my life, you seem to know all about it though, care to enlighten us?
If you think that van driver considrate then best you keep yourself off the roads, if indeed you use them.