Through the night

I have just accepted a new job working a night shift,starting at midnight til 11am trunking to Bristol one week and heathrow the next Sunday to Thursday,450 take home a week and free cpc (of which I haven’t done any) 28 days holiday a year,new man units and new trailers ,seems straight to me :smiley:

hope it goes well m8 where r u running from and if u do more than said hours do u get more pay one of those ■■■■ it and see gd luck :smiley:

Where in Bristol are you tipping ?

It’s running from stoke and no there’s no overtime,first shift is paid at 14 pound an hour because it’s classed as Sunday work being Sunday to Thursday week,I’m not sure where I’m tipping it’s car exhausts if that gives you any clues?

dirty hands:
I’m tipping it’s car exhausts if that gives you any clues?

No help I’m afraid but sounds a cushy little job which should be stress free.

Sounds good to me just got get used to working nights

Should be easy enough but those start and finish times are more than a bit crap. :frowning:

Lol was thinking that myself but at least il get the evenings to spend with the family,plan on sleeping 12-5-6ish,should get into the swing of it :unamused:

Night workers are entitled to free medicals and health assesments.
The advantages are time in the day to sort out appointments.
Foam ear plugs to sleep in the day.
Neighbours mowing their lawn,dogs barking.
Remove the door bell battery and turn off all phones.
If get the head nodding,pull over and sleep.
People around at night are in a better mood than day workers.
A good quality thermos to save a fortune on garage coffee.

ye sounds ok m8 not to far distance wise and traffic should be gd on outward leg gd luck :smiley:

Thanks for the advice guys appreciate any helpful tips you’ve got :smiley: and yeah should be ok hoping for a straight forward no stress night run and my street is pretty quiet so sleep should be ok in the day once Iv got the body clock thing set

I thought you could only work 10 hours max if you start between 00:00 and 04:00.Night
time rules.Rest and P O A don’t count on this rule for the 10 hours .

fingermissing:
I thought you could only work 10 hours max if you start between 00:00 and 04:00.Night
time rules.Rest and P O A don’t count on this rule for the 10 hours .

Same as any other job,can be opted out of. Anyway there is nobody about to enforce it,vosa don`t give a stuff about the wtd.

A decent company and not a bad run, but the same as any other company if/when they start messing you about, but as is always the case the guy you’re replacing left for a reason!

I like night driving. Dead easy going if roads are not diverted. Used to do overnight trailer change to Barton, drive, drop, sleep an hour, re hitch to magic new trailer behind me then drive. Only killer was sunrise and rush hour just as you’re getting very tired so always had another sleep about 7.

Used to enjoy running nights but that period just before the sun comes up used to take it out of me Big time

I’ve worked 27 out of the last 30 years on nights, last year I had a chance to go on days and didn’t last 2 weeks, couldn’t sleep at night.

neilg14:
I’ve worked 27 out of the last 30 years on nights, last year I had a chance to go on days and didn’t last 2 weeks, couldn’t sleep at night.

You’d be ok in Oz :smiley:

dirty hands:
I have just accepted a new job working a night shift,starting at midnight til 11am trunking to Bristol one week and heathrow the next Sunday to Thursday,450 take home a week and free cpc (of which I haven’t done any) 28 days holiday a year,new man units and new trailers ,seems straight to me :smiley:

I did the 11 pm/ midnight/ 1 am starts for a few years and could never adjust to them,would go up at 5/6 p.m and just couldn’t get too sleep,or I just didn’t want to go too bed,most nights I’d end up with 3/4/5 hrs sleep,I was in the end just a accident waiting too happen,soon as I stopped I was gone,fell asleep in a que at security hut :exclamation: :exclamation: :blush: :blush: :frowning: .
I changed and went onto 10 a.m/11 a.m starts and feel so much better for it,get home 11 p.m/ midnight/ 2 am and go too bed and sleep when every one else sleeps,through the night,
Feel so much better for it,never feel tired now,but everyone’s different so hopefully you’ll adjust and get on ok with those start times.

Spent most of my time, other than the last 2 months, doing nights, I prefer the quiet roads even if you do get the odd roadworks or diversion out of the blues. As for sleeping I went & got a dark roller blind for the bedroom, used to be blackout curtains, works a treat. Never had a problem with noise, once I’m asleep nothing wakes me.