Three mobile

So imm about to change my mobile looking at three mobile anyone using it ? is coverage ok

I’m on 3,I’ve never had a problem with signal

I’m also on 3 for fone and internet and have no problems either but EE say they have the best coverage (allegedly)

Never really had no signal on three apart from the obvious…basements…old buildings etc. Also carnforth truckstop for some reason…there the signal comes back if you walk outside the lorry park :smiley:

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

On 3 as well never had a problem.

I’m on 3 contract phone.
Get good signal for streaming nearly every night.
Also listen to you tube most of the day and it works nearly every where I drive.

I’m on PAYG with 3…

I pay £25 a month and get unlimited t’interwebby thing, 500 minutes talk time and 3000 texts, I’m happy with that bundle. Coverage is ok there are one or two blackspots but that’s the same with every provider I’ve ever been with.

If you go with 3 check the small print before hand,in most of their contracts now it states after you have used 6GB they will reduce you speed to what equates to 3G speed…your talking 90s internet dail up speed there!!!,so they claim unlimited data but if your spending all your break waiting for one page to load it’s not good.
I’m on EE and their 4G is spot on almost as fast as being connected to broadband.

xichrisxi:
If you go with 3 check the small print before hand,in most of their contracts now it states after you have used 6GB they will reduce you speed to what equates to 3G speed…your talking 90s internet dail up speed there!!!,so they claim unlimited data but if your spending all your break waiting for one page to load it’s not good.
I’m on EE and their 4G is spot on almost as fast as being connected to broadband.

Is 3G actually that slow though unless you are tethering to watch on a laptop or tablet? I have only just got a 4G enabled phone, and on my previous 3G phone it seemed quite happy streaming Netflix and Youtube for hours on end. In fact, I haven’t noticed much difference since changing to 4G except my allowance now goes down when tethering, whereas on my old phone for some reason it never seemed to realise it was tethered so I had unlimited tethering :stuck_out_tongue:

xichrisxi:

Rubbish. 90s dial-up connections were at best 56 kilobit (i.e. 56,000 bits per second) - often much slower. Typical 3G connections achieve 5 Megabit (i.e. 5,000,000 bits per second), which is about 90 times faster. I think you may be confusing 3G speeds with 2G - which does indeed have a maximum throughput of around 50 kilobit per second.

Roymondo:

xichrisxi:

Rubbish. 90s dial-up connections were at best 56 kilobit (i.e. 56,000 bits per second) - often much slower. Typical 3G connections achieve 5 Megabit (i.e. 5,000,000 bits per second), which is about 90 times faster. I think you may be confusing 3G speeds with 2G - which does indeed have a maximum throughput of around 50 kilobit per second.

Either way it’s ■■■■ compared to double speed 4G.

xichrisxi:

Roymondo:

xichrisxi:

Either way it’s [zb] compared to double speed 4G.

Where in their contract does it state they implement any such speed reduction anyway? Can’t see it anywhere in any of mine (currently have two pay-monthly contracts and one PAYG phone on 3).

xichrisxi:

Talking out of your arse. Three make a point of saying that they don’t restrict the speed. I go over 6GB every single month streaming Netflix and Youtube in 1080p and Spotify for at least 4hrs a night at max quality. Speedtest I did in Northampton on Friday night only a few days before a new month on my contract:

speedtest.net/my-result/a/2006890660

As for their 3G speed being slow I’d not call 8/10Mbit equivalent to 90s dialup speed.

xichrisxi:
Either way it’s [zb] compared to double speed 4G.

Unless you’re downloading large files there is no advantage to 4G or “double speed 4G” not that I’d expect someone like you to understand that.

Pah! Some of the places I’ve to get to, you’ll struggle with Paradigm!

"Conor:
Unless you’re downloading large files there is no advantage to 4G or “double speed 4G” not that I’d expect someone like you to understand that.

“Someone like me”■■?
And who the ■■■■ are you exactly sunshine?..are you someone special?

Firstly my apologies to the OP it’s GigGaf that restrict speed after 6GB…

Secondly,this is double speed 4G for Conor’s ref…

Thirdly,also for Conor…I’m awaiting what you meant with your “someone like me” comment…

bjd:
So imm about to change my mobile looking at three mobile anyone using it ? is coverage ok

Crap in Ireland !

Deeireland:

bjd:

Crap in Ireland !

And Gatwick airport!

Posted from a sunbed, still in Corfu :sunglasses:

Actrosman:

Deeireland:

bjd:

Crap in Ireland !

And Gatwick airport!

Posted from a sunbed, still in Corfu :sunglasses:

Jammy git :grimacing:
:sunglasses:
Although reception in southern Ireland seems better than up the north of Ireland.

I have been with Three for 9 months and other than a couple of places in Wiltshire it’s been good. O2 was shocking barely anything anywhere ! :frowning: