Three mobile

Deeireland:

bjd:
So imm about to change my mobile looking at three mobile anyone using it ? is coverage ok

Crap in Ireland !

I am now sitting in Larne harbour and the internet speed here is a lot faster than I get in Troon

Doesn’t seem to matter where I am my abacus works fine as does my slide rule! :wink: .
On the other hand I very rarely have a problem with O2. 18 quid a month unlimited calls and texts and 2 thingys of whatsit.

raymundo:
I’m also on 3 for fone and internet and have no problems either but EE say they have the best coverage (allegedly)

Saying that, my own phone is with 3 and my work phone is EE, I end up using my phone for work as EE keeps letting me down with signal and my 3 is more reliable

Deeireland:

Actrosman:

Deeireland:

bjd:
So imm about to change my mobile looking at three mobile anyone using it ? is coverage ok

Crap in Ireland !

And Gatwick airport!

Posted from a sunbed, still in Corfu :sunglasses:

Jammy git :grimacing:
:sunglasses:
Although reception in southern Ireland seems better than up the north of Ireland.

And they’ve upped the price of sending a MMS to 40 bloody pence!!!

Now posting from the bar! [emoji1303][emoji482] (via the painfully slow wifi)

Ford by day, Merc by night. ‘Old skool’ class 1 driver for Bidvest. Poolside in Corfu

Changed to three from O2 a few months back compared to o2 the UK coverage is great on three it is free to receive and make calls from Ireland, France, Spain and Denmark plus several other countries. I pay £21 a month and have free calls to all UK numbers except the premium ones have the minimum data package as I have a three mi fi which is also £21 a month overall a massive saving on my monthly bills compared with o2

EE 4g on mine, 10gb a month, unlimited texts and calls (apart from the dodgy numbers) about £32 a month.

For ‘somebody like me’ :wink: , that equates to an average amount of faceache, tapatalk, browsing both standard and incognito (I love to be incognito) and the odd film download but have to be careful in case I bost me data allowance.

Coverage seems fine with the odd dry spot.

Been using three for last few years on a sim only rolling month contract as i prefer to buy my iphone seperate thus saving a few hundred then having it in a contract,
My monthly bill from three used to be 18 a month for unlimted wifi, 300 minutes and unlimited texts although they have now upped my bill to 28 i think it is for unlimited everything.
In parts of london signal is not great but it will work if u stand by a window etc , only reason i stay with them is i travel a lot and with there feel at home i get to use the phone at no extra charge when i travel,
I also tether my phone every day to my laptop with no problems what so ever but u cant thether when you are roaming.
Also when roaming sometimes the signal or wi fi can get weak but if u turn off and on the phone again it goes back to normal

xichrisxi:
[/url]
Thirdly,also for Conor…I’m awaiting what you meant with your “someone like me” comment…

Well you’ve just confirmed it with that one advert. The “double speed 4G” only works in 20 cities in the entire country. The rest of the UK EE network is a mix of standard 4G and 3G.

I take it you have no problem with the speed of browsing the internet, watching Netflix or Youtube or listening to internet radio or Spotify outside of those 20 cities given you’ve not made any mention of it? Many of the places you go to and use it aren’t even going to be 4G.

Higher speeds on benefit you when you’re doing something that needs them. If you’re streaming full HD video you will NOT benefit from speeds above 6mbit/s because that is the maximum rate they’re sent at. If you’re streaming high quality music you’ll not benefit from speeds above a few hundred kb/s because that is what they’re streamed at. If you are browsing the internet you’ll not benefit once you get over a couple of Mbit/s because of the size of the page so any page loading is only going to be fractions of a second quicker. Literally the only time you will get any benefit from this “double 4G” or even 4G speeds over 3G is if you’re downloading large files such as a film, updates to large apps or if you are uploading large photos or video. Other than that for any other use you will NOT see any benefit.

The “someone like you” is gullibles who don’t understand how things work and believe the marketing bollox that somehow having 40/50/60mbit/s or more internet access on your phone is going to make streaming Youtube, Netflix and updating your status on Facebook better. It doesn’t, it never will because those things you use have a throughput far lower than the maximum speed your network runs at. You’re literally being taken for a ride by the phone network charging you more than other networks do and selling that higher price as a benefit when it isn’t for all but 20 small areas in a country of 93,000 square miles and you’re too stupid to see it by your “either way its [zb] compared to double speed 4g”. How much time as a truck driver do you spend being in these 20 cities in the areas that are covered in them by double 4G compared to being outside those areas? Probably very little. Yet you bought a phone on EE because of those speeds and pay through the nose for data compared to other networks for something you get very little benefit from if any and it is that which makes you the mug along with probably 90% of EE customers.

If you want to say I’m wrong and I don’t know what I’m on about please feel free however I’d just like to point out that from 1999-2003 I was a Microsoft Certified Professional and ran a small business installing networks and providing network support in SMEs a and from 2008-13 I was a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher.

nedflanders:
I also tether my phone every day to my laptop with no problems what so ever but u cant thether when you are roaming.
Also when roaming sometimes the signal or wi fi can get weak but if u turn off and on the phone again it goes back to normal

Quite surprised at that because we have no problems tethering to my mobile when we’re in France on holiday.

Dipper_Dave:
EE 4g on mine, 10gb a month, unlimited texts and calls (apart from the dodgy numbers) about £32 a month.

Three 4G. 30GB month with 30GB tethering, unlimited texts and calls (apart from the dodgy numbers) and I can use those allowances in 16 other countries at no extra cost, £20 a month but that is as an existing customer downgrading my tarrif. New customers its £23 a month (£30/month as a SIM only contract with 6 months half price).

Conor:

nedflanders:

Quite surprised at that because we have no problems tethering to my mobile when we’re in France on holiday.

I am surprised too , i use a iphone 5s and try to tether to my laptop , have never tried in france , but in ireland , spain , austria, rome, etc etc etc it wont work for me
what phone do u use ?

poleman:
I have been with Three for 9 months and other than a couple of places in Wiltshire it’s been good. O2 was shocking barely anything anywhere ! :frowning:

O2 is pants in Dorset and Wiltshire, am ditching them for EE. Just got fed up of being in the sticks and sod all signal.

Get my new phone on Wednesday :sunglasses:

nedflanders:

Conor:

nedflanders:

I am surprised too , i use a iphone 5s and try to tether to my laptop , have never tried in france , but in ireland , spain , austria, rome, etc etc etc it wont work for me
what phone do u use ?

It’s clearly stated on their website three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home

“You can’t use your phone as a personal hotspot (tethering) while you’re abroad.”