Three 10 hour drives in a row?

gm:
if its rolling week you can’t do it - don’t forget what ever you do week before you cannot carry on unless maybe it was a holiday - so to make it simple - 2 X 10 hour drives per 6 drives starting at 00.01 monday
cheers
Steve

Nonsense, you need to have a wee read of the rules.

It is not 2x10’s per 6 ‘drives’, it is twice per fixed week so between 00:00 Monday and 24:00 Sunday you can do it twice. The OP wanted to do it Saturday, Sunday and Monday and as the Saturday and Sunday are in one week and the Monday in the next of course it is legal. you can even do it on the Tuesday as well and have 4 in a row with the first two in one week and the second two in the next.

There is no such thing as a rolling week, there is a rolling two weeks for the purpose of counting the 90 hours maximum driving in any two weeks but that’s it as far as the tacho regs go.

Incidentally VOSA do not limit you to 6 ‘drives’ between weekly rest periods. As long as you begin a weekly rest no later than 144 hours after finishing your last weekly rest you cab squeeze in as many ‘drives’ as you can provided daily rest requirements are met.

Sounds to me as we have a driffrent oppion and so maybe six shifts in a week aint enough so carry on lads hope you dont get stopped by VOSA I will do it by the VOSA book i have best of luck

bill hyde:
Sounds to me as we have a driffrent oppion and so maybe six shifts in a week aint enough so carry on lads hope you dont get stopped by VOSA I will do it by the VOSA book i have best of luck

Bill, it is in the VOSA guide book, but the 561/2006 regulations are the ones to use, we both worked for the same company and that was a regular shift pattern for several months as no one else wanted the weekend shifts.

This is what your VOSA guide says anyway.

It is a bit faded because ROG has thumbed through it so often trying to prove a non existent point :stuck_out_tongue:

Remember now what the good book says…6, the magical number 6 !! :smiley: No more than.

Mike-C:
Remember now what the good book says…6, the magical number 6 !! :smiley: No more than.

That’s right Mike 6.

Six 24-hour periods (144 hours) :smiley: :wink:

Simple and easy see,any nut can understand it that is why it is made easy for ordinery folk…poa,s dont make me laugh

fuse:
Simple and easy see,any nut can understand it that is why it is made easy for ordinery folk…poa,s dont make me laugh

As usual Fuse is confusing the issue. In this whole thread there is no mention of, or no need to mention, RTD, WTD or POA.

Simple question for ordinery folk.

Can I do three 10 hour drives in a row?

Yes, and if you like you can do four on consecutive days…

When I post anything I like to remind folk about this stupid rule, the poa being part of it,one of the main things I remember about driver hours is that in 1973 when I started we did a 12 hour spread and now we can do a 15 hour spread that is some advance in condition s I must say.

bill hyde:

OK Bill, scenario,

Driver works 1 hour (could be a regular easy deliver), then has 11 off, then works one hour then has 11 off and continues this pattern.

He classes the 11 hours rest as a daily rest each time. he started a 06:00 monday so his 144 hours or 6 24 hour driving periods up to 06:00 Sunday, how many times could he fit this in in the 144 hours, and how many analogue charts would be used by the end?

Plus, how do some firms run out sunday night tea time for the overnight ferries, then back in the following Saturday morning? So then they are doing full shifts or thereabouts to a total of 7… and legal as per VOSA.

I think you should re-read your VOSA book or get an up to date one.

Bear in mind all other headings must be looked at, ie max 56 hours driving etc.

zippy!:

bill hyde:

OK Bill, scenario,

Driver works 1 hour (could be a regular easy deliver), then has 11 off, then works one hour then has 11 off and continues this pattern.

He classes the 11 hours rest as a daily rest each time. he started a 06:00 monday so his 144 hours or 6 24 hour driving periods up to 06:00 Sunday, how many times could he fit this in in the 144 hours, and how many analogue charts would be used by the end?

Plus, how do some firms run out sunday night tea time for the overnight ferries, then back in the following Saturday morning? So then they are doing full shifts or thereabouts to a total of 7… and legal as per VOSA.

OK Zippy! ,scenario,
the law (not VOSA) says a weekly rest must be taken after no more than 6, 24 hour periods. A 24 hour period begins when the driver starts work after a daily or weekly rest period. You’re still only allowed six driving periods inbetween weekly rests. The magical 144 hour calculation is just that, a calculation based upon textbook start and finish times. I think whoever wrote the VOSA book should carefully consider the regulations,interpretations and case law on the subject. :laughing:

Mike-C:

zippy!:

bill hyde:

OK Bill, scenario,

OK Zippy! ,scenario,
the law (not VOSA) says a weekly rest must be taken after no more than 6, 24 hour periods. A 24 hour period begins when the driver starts work after a daily or weekly rest period. You’re still only allowed six driving periods inbetween weekly rests. The magical 144 hour calculation is just that, a calculation based upon textbook start and finish times. I think whoever wrote the VOSA book should carefully consider the regulations,interpretations and case law on the subject. :laughing:

Well there are plenty of people getting away with it then!

Have there been any large cases setting case law since the 2007 rules change?

zippy!:

I wasn’t aware that Council Regulation (EEC) No 3821/85 of 20 December 1985 had become in anyway defunct since the adoption of 561/2006 and its incorporation of 3821/85 !!

Mike-C:

zippy!:

I wasn’t aware that Council Regulation (EEC) No 3821/85 of 20 December 1985 had become in anyway defunct since the adoption of 561/2006 and its incorporation of 3821/85 !!

Indeed 3821/85 is still alive and well Mike, Article 26 of 561/2006 did amend 3821/85 a bit though.

dieseldave:
Indeed 3821/85 is still alive and well Mike, Article 26 of 561/2006 did amend 3821/85 a bit though.

yeah, ammended it several times, all in relation to the digital tacho graph/drivers card etc. mostly . The big clue to any changes, i.e in 561/2006 is that they are clearly described at the beginning of the legislation, what the changes are and why usually. Guess what i don’t see there !!! :smiley:

Mike-C:

zippy!:

I didn’t say it had, I just asked if any case law was set since then, but hey lets all get clever over it.

Anyway fair enough, I know nothing so i will leave anything to do with advice. Sorry to have gotten in the way guys.

zippy!:
… I just asked if any case law was set since then, …

Hi zippy!,
I didn’t answer that one, because the truth is that I’ve got no idea of the answer.

I have to be able to read statute law as part of my job, but it’s probably a practicing transport lawyer who’d be best to answer a question on case law.

BTW mate, it’s a very good question, cos we could all learn something from an equally good answer to it. :smiley:

Mike-C:
You’re still only allowed six driving periods inbetween weekly rests.

Perhaps you could point us in the direction of some current regulations that say that :wink:

Article 4 (q) (EC) 561/2006

‘driving period’ means the accumulated driving time
from when a driver commences driving following a rest
period or a break until he takes a rest period or a break.
The driving period may be continuous or broken.

What is it about a Drivers Hours question that brings about a willy waving session among a few posters? :unamused:

The original poster asking the question just gets more and more confused, and it seems to continue WITHOUT Rog as well.

Pat

bloodoodle:
What is it about a Drivers Hours question that brings about a willy waving session among a few posters? :unamused:

The original poster asking the question just gets more and more confused, and it seems to continue WITHOUT Rog as well.

Pat

take it you didn’t follow the rog thing!

Anyway, yes 561/2006 is an ammendment, but reading it, it only says:

A weekly rest period shall start no later than at the end of six
24-hour periods from the end of the previous weekly rest
period.

Doesn’t mention daily driving, just six 24 hour periods.

Mike-C:
You’re still only allowed six driving periods inbetween weekly rests.

I think that might be where there’s a small amount of confusion - possibly.

The final para of Article 8 is . . . . . . .

A weekly rest period shall start no later than at the end of six
24-hour periods from the end of the previous weekly rest
period.