Three 10 hour drives in a row?

Off all week, work Sat, Sun & Mon. Can I do three 10’s? Remember Saturday is the previous week

Steve-o:
Off all week, work Sat, Sun & Mon. Can I do three 10’s? Remember Saturday is the previous week

new week starts 00.01 monday and yes you can do three tens as two is in old week and 1 in new week

Phew! so basically I could do 4 in a row (Sat, Sun, Mon & Tues)?

Steve-o:

yes :smiley:

Never looked in that way before… I suppose, technically, you could do six 15s (Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue and Wed) or is that kicking the backside out of it?

Bob

lumpygreenpoo:
Never looked in that way before… I suppose, technically, you could do six 15s (Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue and Wed) or is that kicking the backside out of it?

Bob

I think I would kill myself after 6 15’s lol. I think it’s only three 15’s between weekly rest though. Coffee?

lumpygreenpoo:

Bob

Not unless you’re having split daily rest periods you can’t.

The regulations say that you can:

Extend the driving time to 10 hours twice a week.
Reduce the daily rest period to 9 hours three times between weekly rest periods.

Steve-o:

The answer is Yes.

All the rest is Rog confusing the questions :laughing:

Steve-o:

It will make a crap week next week though won’t it?

be carefull dont forget the 6 days in any week ie so it can be any mon/tue/wed/thurs/fri/ 24 off start sun and that is stil in last week its a fixed week mon oo.00 to sun24.00 you are going into 2 diffrent weeks i think you are wrong

bill hyde:
be carefull dont forget the 6 days in any week ie so it can be any mon/tue/wed/thurs/fri/ 24 off start sun and that is stil in last week its a fixed week mon oo.00 to sun24.00 you are going into 2 diffrent weeks i think you are wrong

Sorry Bill but who’s wrong about what, It’s probably me but it’s not too clear which post you’re referring to :wink:

Steve-o:

lumpygreenpoo:

Bob

I think I would kill myself after 6 15’s lol. I think it’s only three 15’s between weekly rest though. Coffee?

sorry but fri/sat/sun/is in one week mon/tues/wed is in next week sorry for not makeing myself clear you can work any six days then you must have a weekly rest then you start again say fri/sat/sun is in previous week

bill hyde:

Steve-o:

lumpygreenpoo:

Bob

sorry but fri/sat/sun/is in one week mon/tues/wed is in next week sorry for not makeing myself clear you can work any six days then you must have a weekly rest then you start again say fri/sat/sun is in previous week

I see what you mean, the regulations say that you can have three reduced daily rest periods between two weekly rest periods, so I agree you couldn’t legally do 15 hour shifts on six consecutive working days :wink:

Thanks for that but it is clear how we read it you cant change to suit your needs but you can read it as its written its all in the six days and a weekly rest nice to know we agree tachograph.

if its rolling week you can’t do it - don’t forget what ever you do week before you cannot carry on unless maybe it was a holiday - so to make it simple - 2 X 10 hour drives per 6 drives starting at 00.01 monday
cheers
Steve

gm:
if its rolling week you can’t do it - don’t forget what ever you do week before you cannot carry on unless maybe it was a holiday - so to make it simple - 2 X 10 hour drives per 6 drives starting at 00.01 monday
cheers
Steve

What is a rolling week?

A week according to the regulations means the period of time between 00.00 on Monday and 24.00 on Sunday.

A weekly rest period shall start no later than at the end of six twenty four hour periods from the end of the previous weekly rest period.

So for instance you start;
Thursday 8am, drive 7 hours, park up at 17.00
Friday 04.00 to 1900. drive 9h32
Saturday 06.00 to 18.00 drive 9h.49
Sunday 03.00 to 13.00 drive 7h.28
Monday 00.01 to 15.01 drive 9h.54
Tuesday 02.02 to 13.00 drive 9h.59

Looks like four 10 hour drives to me, in six shifts,with only one reduced rest period!

It even looks like you have got 36h.47 driving left until Sunday Midnight after your weekly rest period obviously.

After 5 pints of Marstons Pedigree. I think that is correct. I will check it again in the morning.

I am sure that I have over complicated matters and expect Neil to bluster in with a simple explanation :blush:

Sorry wheelnut you have got it wrong thurs/fri/sat/sun is in one week mon/tues is in week two what you are missing is the fixed week mon00.00 to sun 00.00 What you are saying is you can do 6 15hrs and 4 10 hrs drive dream on even voso aint that silly reduced rest 3 times 10 hrs drive twice why do you think its in there besides that who whats to work like that not me for sure :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

The regulations have different time period limits for the extended driving days and the reduced daily rest periods.
The number of extended driving days are set by the fixed week (00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday) whereas the number of reduced daily rests are set between two weekly rest periods, this will make a difference for anyone who’s working week extends across the weekend, in other words extends into two separate fixed weeks.

Daily driving time:

Article 6 - 1. The daily driving time shall not exceed nine hours.

However, the daily driving time may be extended to at most
10 hours not more than twice during the week.

Reduced daily rest periods:

Article 8 - 4. A driver may have at most three reduced daily rest
periods between any two weekly rest periods.

Click here for “The Regulations (EC) 561/2006”

The regulations say that you can extend the driving time to 10 hours twice a week, the week being 00:00 Monday to 24:00 Sunday.
If your working week was Thursday to Tuesday you could legally drive for 10 hours on Saturday and Sunday (twice in week 1) and on Monday and Tuesday (twice in week 2)
That’s 4 consecutive days but in 2 separate fixed weeks and legal.

Or as in Wheel Nut’s example where you extend the driving time to over 9 hours on Friday and Saturday (twice in week 1) and again on Monday and Tuesday (twice in week 2).
Again that’s 4 extended driving days in the working week but in two separate fixed weeks and legal.

This is different to the amount of times you can have a reduced daily rest period.
You can have a reduced daily rest period 3 times between weekly rest periods (not the fixed week).

Again lets say you work Thursday to Tuesday (six 24 hour periods), you can have reduced daily rest periods 3 times during that time (Thursday to Tuesday) regardless of which week the reduced daily rest periods fall in.

bill hyde:
Sorry wheelnut you have got it wrong thurs/fri/sat/sun is in one week mon/tues is in week two what you are missing is the fixed week mon00.00 to sun 00.00 What you are saying is you can do 6 15hrs and 4 10 hrs drive dream on even voso aint that silly reduced rest 3 times 10 hrs drive twice why do you think its in there besides that who whats to work like that not me for sure :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

not ROG with a different name is it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
wheel nut has posted a legal example, nothing wrong with that at all not even done 3 15hr days
thurs 9hrs duty
fri 15hrs duty
sat 12hrs duty
sun 10hrs duty
mon 15hrs duty
tue 11hrs duty

Steve-o:

Both Saturday and Sunday are the previous week but either way as already said you can do the three extended driving days in a row, and could do four.