This vs Denby eco-link thing

switchlogic:

DCPCFML:
As you two have been playing point scoring one-upmanship for basically all 5 pages of this thread and also in about 100 other threads, would it be possible for you to continue this via private message or some other medium where the rest of us who aren’t interested won’t see it?

You do know you don’t have to click on links right? You only see it if you choose to see it. In this social media age forums are dying so any traffic is good frankly. The Irish truck drivers forum is all but dead now

Unfortunately there’s no way of knowing in advance if the latest posts are actually going to be on topic and interesting to read, or whether it’s just a tedious continuation of the off-topic point scoring one-upmanship you have going on with your bumchum Geoffrey. You are in 6 separate threads spread over the sub-forums where you are engaged in constant sniping at each other. Do you not think that you may be a little obsessed? :exclamation:

Ah well, I’m sure you’ll survive

DCPCFML:
As you two have been playing point scoring one-upmanship for basically all 5 pages of this thread and also in about 100 other threads, would it be possible for you to continue this via private message or some other medium where the rest of us who aren’t interested won’t see it?

^^^^^^^^^^^
This!
Oh and the other drongo from the Antipodes who pops up but doesn’t really have a clue what it’s all about.
He just tends to agree with whichever one is in his opinion is scoring the most points.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Oh and the other drongo from the Antipodes who pops up but doesn’t really have a clue what it’s all about.
He just tends to agree with whichever one is in his opinion is scoring the most points.

Whose opinion might that be? My stance hasn’t changed. All I’ve done is call out the BS.
Apt user name, ol’ mate.

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

Star down under.:
If and that’s a big if, he’s real, that explains why he never rose above the first rung.

I’d call being put on an A frame drawbar ‘uk’ line haul job was a bit more than the ‘first rung’.Bearing in mind they obviously subbed out the international work and then preferred to put drawbar outfit drivers to work as warehouse labourers needlessly transhipping freight at a hub instead.Thereby totally defeating the object of demounts and artics oh and obviously adding to the driver shortage by breaking the backs of ‘drivers’.
At least I wasn’t sacked for crashing anything you know working for a firm that didn’t reward anyone for ditching its trucks.

Linehaul is first rung, just sitting down and looking out of the window. Repetitive, semiskilled work, driving from A to B and back again, ad infinitum. No knowledge of load restraint route planning or weight limits and distribution required.
Do many UK companies “needlessly tranship freight”? Consider the absurdity of that statement.
You wonder why real truck drivers doubt your alleged experience, you’ve never got past the “ten year old boy dreaming” stage.

I did plant haulage with a multi lift similar to Dan’s and general haulage with a tilt/flat as required.
No need to chain/rope/sheet loads with box bodies who would have thought it.
No need to bother about the load trunk drivers are exempt from axle weight regs.Or using box body type load securing equipment admittedly simple pathetic stuff.
Route knowledge yep no motorway closures ever or finding alternative routes to avoid traffic.Using routes that I’d never used doing general haulage.
No sat navs or even google maps on a phone in my day and I still wouldn’t know how to use a sat nav now.
Needlessly transhipping freight is the definition of hub system operations v direct trunking.
Let alone using the ‘driver’ as a warehouse labourer to do it because any warehouse labourer involved in that with any sense did a runner and didn’t look back.
So I can chain, rope, sheet and use a tilt.Sometimes even use a tilt cover as a sheet on a flat which the ‘experts’ here said couldn’t be/never been done. :unamused:
Artics or A frame drawbar demounts.
In which case artics/demounts and box bodies ( and curtainsiders ) were actually designed so that the DRIVER can spend more time DRIVING not roping and/or sheeting, let alone handballing bleedin loads at a hub. :unamused:
Oh and every route is familiar after you’ve used it.Whether the M3 to Southampton.Or the different routes between here and Dubrovnik.
As I said you protest way too much.Probably got into Australia as a painter decorator and part time electrician it certainly couldn’t have been truck driver with their zbwit immigration regs.

This has gone way off-topic, and the inevitable personal insults don’t seem far away, so… it’s locked.