This new driver aint happy

He decided to have a rant on youtube. :laughing: :laughing:

go to youtube and search for crazy storys hgv driver

lmao

yea were all int hat leauge, im gonna end up signing on next week :frowning:

not that i want to.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZyBBGZj4uYQ

He was a having a good old rant about experience, maybe someone on here can give him a start :smiley: :smiley:

no wonder no one will give him a job if he ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  on little kids sick ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

:open_mouth: Good interview technique. Iā€™m sure he do well - NOT :laughing:

Would you employ him? Or want to work with him? He doesnā€™t seem to be a very level headed or stable gentleman. He might have issues controlling his temper by the look of his video.

We all went thru it sir. Just just have to keep trying. Itā€™s the insurance companies how make that stipulation and there is not much can be done about it.
Technically, you only have to have held a HGV for two years to qualify. You donā€™t nessaracily need to have been driving for 2 years.

I started out as a helper in a 7.5t delivering home appliances. That got my foot in the door and progressed into driving then onto HGV2 then onto HGV1.

No wonder he calls himself the weed!!! :unamused:

I know it seems terribly unfair but most of us had to just grin and get on with it, but ask yourself if you were an employer and needed a driver for your Ā£80.000 motor + Ā£50.000 Fridge + Ā£60.000 load would you give it to someone who passed his test the week before aged 22?, If he rolled it or killed someone, i can just imagine the headlines, and bear in mind the corporate manslaughter business, you have only to read the papers to realise the glee with which the media love a ā€œJuggernaut Disasterā€.

That young man on you tube has done himself a lot of harm posting that, its accepted that a LOT of employers look at this site.

Blunder Man:
I know it seems terribly unfair but most of us had to just grin and get on with it, but ask yourself if you were an employer and needed a driver for your Ā£80.000 motor + Ā£50.000 Fridge + Ā£60.000 load would you give it to someone who passed his test the week before aged 22?, If he rolled it or killed someone, i can just imagine the headlines, and bear in mind the corporate manslaughter business, you have only to read the papers to realise the glee with which the media love a ā€œJuggernaut Disasterā€.

That young man on you tube has done himself a lot of harm posting that, its accepted that a LOT of employers look at this site.

When do you ever here of a new driverā€™s having a major accident?
Most accidents I here of are from drivers who have been driving years. These experienced drivers are likely to take more risks.
New drivers are going to take it slow and be very cautious. In my opinion new a new driver would be alot safer than some of the experienced drivers on the road

Can some of you numpty,s read? I said IF, for Godā€™s sake read the bloody post first.

Blunder Man:
Can some of you numpty,s read? I said IF, for Godā€™s sake read the bloody post first.

Oh read first, post second. Iā€™m always getting them mixed up :confused:

Blunder Man:

jumping onto the stereotype that young drivers are dangerous. yes there is alot that are but they dont drive trucks, i find it increasingly hard to even find work due to my age and lack of experience though i have done more different types of work compared to some folk i know who have been driving for 10+ years and havnt done anything other than multidrop deliveries.

ive done steel, scaffolding, roll on/off, skips. bin motors, tippers flatbeds, wideish loads etc and i done most of this when i had barely turned 22. ive been all over the uk for work and im not just a driver, if i have to labour as part fo the job then soo be it.

Sad to say gozgy the statistics prove that young drivers are more dangerous, and of course the insurance companies know this, you are 22, try getting insurance for a newish Subaru, you wont, and they are a lot cheaper and do a lot less damage in a crash than a fully freighted 44 tonner.

i just wonder what it will be like when my two years of waiting around are up. i will have forgotten how to drive a truck by then. but at least i will have my two years experience! :stuck_out_tongue:

Blunder Man:
Sad to say gozgy the statistics prove that young drivers are more dangerous, and of course the insurance companies know this, you are 22, try getting insurance for a newish Subaru, you wont, and they are a lot cheaper and do a lot less damage in a crash than a fully freighted 44 tonner.

Exactly, a young driver wanting to get insured on a car like that will have problems but regardless of age young LGV drivers have to be competent enough to pass the test? Iā€™m sure there are lots of stats showing how young drivers are at fault when on the roads, but out of these how many are able to drive larger vehicles?

Maybe he reads this site as heā€™s taken the video off now.

wire:
Maybe he reads this site as heā€™s taken the video off now.

Aye, absolutely NO patience, typical young driver

Just had this e-mail from him via You tube

"theweed111 has posted a comment on your profile:

ā– ā– ā– ā–  off u stupid ā– ā– ā– ā–  ā€¦y u getting all serous wiv a youtube video u sado"

Rattled his cage lol

nick2008:
Just had this e-mail from him via You tube

"theweed111 has posted a comment on your profile:

[zb] off u stupid [zb] ā€¦y u getting all serous wiv a youtube video u sado"

Rattled his cage lol

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
The blokes a lunatic.
Shame he took his video off, it was a good laugh.

Blunder Man:

yea i know statistics say that and i hate being burdened by that tag just because im young. i proved myself compitent enough to drive an artic to the dsa man, i know thats only to impress my examiner and ive not had my proper training which im still trying to get.
tbh i wouldnt want a subaru i find them crap, i managed to get a quote for a tvr though.
but i find it hard enough to get insurance for my saab 900 turbo, ive been driving the thing for nearly 2 years and im still having to go through the parents as nobody will insure me.