This new driver aint happy

I passed my class 1 test when i was 22 - i did the shunter to driver programme with my company - it would have been very hard for me to get a job driving artics otherwise.

but get this our company has a footie competition between depots every year - they hired out cars for us to go down in and i wasn’t allowed to drive because i hadn’t turned 25 yet - but monday-friday they let me drive artics :grimacing:

nick2008:
Just had this e-mail from him via You tube

"theweed111 has posted a comment on your profile:

[zb] off u stupid [zb] …y u getting all serous wiv a youtube video u sado"

Rattled his cage lol

That sounds like a typical post or e-mail on YouTube, it just seems to attract dregs who cannot string a sensible and reasoned sentence together. Modern Britain in all its glory.

the trouble is you young drivers are paying the price for the knob-heads who think 70 mph is a minimum, the type who at traffic lights next to a truck do more gear changes stood still than I do all day.

For each death caused in a driving accident the cost to the public ■■■■■ is about £1 million pounds according to official figures, and there is of course insurance costs on top of that, plus of course all the devastation caused to the family’s.

gogzy and friends you might be cracking a1+ plus drivers but the insurance companies cant test you all, so they have to go on statistics they have no other option, and the figures say that until you have some experience and over 25 you are a bigger risk than someone 50 with 20 years experience, and especially in the present economic climate companies are not prepared to bear the cost and take the risk.

Get some 71/2 ton or whatever work you can get, keep your licence clean, especially keep the DD’s of, don’t have silly accidents, and keep applying.

Blunder Man:
the trouble is you young drivers are paying the price for the knob-heads who think 70 mph is a minimum, the type who at traffic lights next to a truck do more gear changes stood still than I do all day.

For each death caused in a driving accident the cost to the public ■■■■■ is about £1 million pounds according to official figures, and there is of course insurance costs on top of that, plus of course all the devastation caused to the family’s.

gogzy and friends you might be cracking a1+ plus drivers but the insurance companies cant test you all, so they have to go on statistics they have no other option, and the figures say that until you have some experience and over 25 you are a bigger risk than someone 50 with 20 years experience, and especially in the present economic climate companies are not prepared to bear the cost and take the risk.

Get some 71/2 ton or whatever work you can get, keep your licence clean, especially keep the DD’s of, don’t have silly accidents, and keep applying.

yea i know what you mean, i hate folk like that. still funny when they miss a gear and u pass them fully freighted lol.

yea work right now is a bugger, i cant even get 7.5 ton work right now, i just take what im given right now, i even unload containers just to earn some money and keep the agency happy, do some rubbish work and when things pick up ill get something. might have some class 1 work lined up though possibly but looks like right now im gonna have to start signing on which i really really dont want to do but i have to pay phone bills and keep a car running, and tbh ive paid enough tax in the last 4 years to be able to claim something while im trying to find work.

im even looking away fromd riving jobs right now and doing something even for minimum wage which i really dnt want to do but works work these days.

joedwyer1:
i just wonder what it will be like when my two years of waiting around are up. i will have forgotten how to drive a truck by then. but at least i will have my two years experience! :stuck_out_tongue:

No, you wont.You will have held your vocational licence for 2 years and the insurance co. will be happy with that.

gogzy -your obviously not work shy - keep your head up and something will come along :wink:

merc0447:
gogzy -your obviously not work shy - keep your head up and something will come along :wink:

nah im not work shy, beats sitting in the house plus its a job i really wanna do so hopefully get something sometime.