This is for the Trampers

Just wondering - are you a quilt and pillow kind of guy OR a rolled up hi viz and sleeping bag man :unamused:

I’m a quilt and pillow guy with a fitted sheet on the bottom and a fluffy blanket on top :smiley:

When I had exclusive use of a unit I used a rectangular cotton lined sleeping bag with a silk washable liner, I also had a soft custom sized memory foam mattress made for the bunk, slept better at work than at home. :wink:

double post :blush:

Two quilts, one pillow.

Double quilt folded over fleece blanket on bottom if required fleece blanket on top do have a good quilt mind use pillows

Sleep well in cab as well as sleeping well at home after buying a new mattress for bed & new bedding

I am not a tramper but do a night out or two a week on average.
I use an unzipped carp sleeping bag (big and oblong) below me and a quilt over me, should I get a bit chilly I pull the rest of the sleeping bag over :wink:
I get too hot with the night heater on all night.

I’m a quilt and pillow fella myself. I also use a memory foam topper from B&M Stores and can’t recommend them enough. Cheap as chips too, only cost me about 15 quid.

Drift:
I am not a tramper but do a night out or two a week on average.
I use an unzipped carp sleeping bag (big and oblong) below me and a quilt over me, should I get a bit chilly I pull the rest of the sleeping bag over :wink:
I get too hot with the night heater on all night.

Never use the night heater gives me a headache dry throat

I’m not a tramper but I am away monday to friday most weeks and I use a fitted sheet and split duvet (single bed size). Joined together in winter to make 13:5 tog. Split in summer to make 4:5 tog. Comfy whenever and whatever.

King size quilt doubled over with a memory foam mattress topper underneath. Two memory foam pillows and a fleece blanket over my tootsies in the winter.

If there is one thing about living in a truck is being cold and uncomfortable.

I agree 100% about having the night heater on all the time. Too noisy to have it running all night so I just set it to come on 1 hour before I’m due to get up.

Big sleeping bag n pillow. I can roll it up out of the way if I need to doss on the bunk thru the day.

FLIP:
I’m not a tramper but I am away monday to friday most weeks and I use a fitted sheet and split duvet (single bed size). Joined together in winter to make 13:5 tog. Split in summer to make 4:5 tog. Comfy whenever and whatever.

I would class you as a tramper then.

Double quilt now, always used sleeping bag when I first started tramping but had a quilt for the last few month and it’s a lot better IMO

When I used to do the odd occasional nights out, I always took my missus’s pillow (& sometimes a pair of her dirty knickers :smiley: ).

I don’t know if she was mad at me for being away for the odd night, or mad at me for nicking her bestest pillow.

Either way, it seemed to me as though she was still there by my side.

I don’t know how trampers can claim to be married or even claim to be in any kind of relationship.

I can’t imagine my missus disappearing all week, & me being happy about it !

pillows and double quilt folded over for me great nights sleep :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

FLIP:

Mine is a 3 tog quilt ( coo max 1 ) was not cheap but well worth it only ever once used my blanket over me & that was the day I got very wet in the wind & rain not long back

Years ago when I was tramping I always woke up with one leg in one of the sleeves of my duvet :open_mouth:

I have a jersey material fitted sheet (from Tesco made of the same material as a hoody. With a single duvet and two memory foam pillows.

I’ve a memory foam mattress cut to fit the bunk. I spose it’s about 8 inches thick

Three season sleeping bag with cotton liner plus pillows

King sized duvet wrapped like a sleeping bag and a pillow…

• a fridge, TV, laptop with Freeview, books, mags, Costa coffee loyalty card and food :smiley: