This is for the Trampers

On the occasion I do a night out, it’s a single quilt on the bunk, and a double folded over, and of course a pillow.

Ken.

Memory foam topper then fitted sheet. I use a double duvet folded and 2 pillows get a cracking nights sleep in the wagon!!

quilt and sheet man 1 pillow and me birthday suit.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

FLIP:
I’m not a tramper but I am away monday to friday most weeks and I use a fitted sheet and split duvet (single bed size). Joined together in winter to make 13:5 tog. Split in summer to make 4:5 tog. Comfy whenever and whatever.

I would class you as a tramper then.

I have got to agree. your a tramper

FLIP:
I’m not a tramper but I am away monday to friday most weeks and I use a fitted sheet and split duvet (single bed size). Joined together in winter to make 13:5 tog. Split in summer to make 4:5 tog. Comfy whenever and whatever.

What do you class as tramping fella?

I am a tramper and I’m away the same amount of nights as you, very occasionally fewer.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

FLIP:

I would class you as a tramper then.

Wrong - that ain’t necessarily tramping.

Tramping is going comewhere to take something there, then going somewhere else to take something else to somewhere else - and repeat. I used to have a job on own account work where I could be away up to five nights - but that wasn’t tramping…

King size duvet (15tg) and a couple of pillows. Winter kit.

King size for the extra warmth when wrapping yourself in it.

edit For the record, I’m away mostly 3 weeks at a time however, anyone who does 4-5 nights out is a tramper in my eyes.

After working with the lads at 2 REP :laughing: French foreign legion :sunglasses: two rolled up sheets :smiley: for inspection :wink: and at night to make your bed for gonk :laughing: one to lie on, the other to pull over if it gets nippy! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Sleeping bag and pillow just use night heater as and when required

The Sarge:
Tramping is going comewhere to take something there, then going somewhere else to take something else to somewhere else - and repeat. I used to have a job on own account work where I could be away up to five nights - but that wasn’t tramping…

I’ve always classed tramping as someone who is away 5-6 nights a week as in essence you are “roughing” it in a truck instead of sleeping at home with all the home comforts. Mind you most lads that tramp have a lot of their home comforts with them these days and like most have said they get a better nights kip in the truck :smiley:

Hiya…as i’ve just been to Spain. i noticed lorries from Sweden. with the no driving on Sundays it must be
4 weeks work doing one trip. i noticed a lorry in Valencia then i saw the same lorry nr Calias 4 days later.
if he was say going to Aberdeen 2 more days a day to turn round then 7 days back home, the driver,s
been away 2 weeks. what category would he come under.Trampers ■■?
there’s a lot of road between Calais and Valencia and more if your driving to Portugal.All good i must say.
John

3300John:
Hiya…as i’ve just been to Spain. i noticed lorries from Sweden. with the no driving on Sundays it must be
4 weeks work doing one trip. i noticed a lorry in Valencia then i saw the same lorry nr Calias 4 days later.
if he was say going to Aberdeen 2 more days a day to turn round then 7 days back home, the driver,s
there’s a lot of road between Calais and Valencia and more if your driving to Portugal.All good i must say.
John

New category, Extreme Trampers…there is a TV program in there somewhere :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

The Sarge:

Thanks Sarge.
Makes a nice change to hear from someone who understands the term.
When I was tramping abroad for example we loaded Scotland to Potugal. Portugal to Italy. Italy to Belgium. Belgium to England.
A couple of our lads just ran Southampton or Didcot to Almeria/El Ejido. They were away 7-9 days but weren’t tramping if anything they were trunking…

Drift:

3300John:
John

New category, Extreme Trampers…there is a TV program in there somewhere :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Grampian continental drivers are ofton away for 2-3 wks or longer on some jobs

■■■■■■■■.

Some of the rock n roll truckies are away for months at a time like euromat

animal:

Drift:
I am not a tramper but do a night out or two a week on average.
I use an unzipped carp sleeping bag (big and oblong) below me and a quilt over me, should I get a bit chilly I pull the rest of the sleeping bag over :wink:
I get too hot with the night heater on all night.

Never use the night heater gives me a headache dry throat

A cup of water on the dash ( not to drink) and the window cracked a bit is good cure for this as it put moisture in the air

chester1:

animal:

Drift:
I am not a tramper but do a night out or two a week on average.
I use an unzipped carp sleeping bag (big and oblong) below me and a quilt over me, should I get a bit chilly I pull the rest of the sleeping bag over :wink:
I get too hot with the night heater on all night.

Never use the night heater gives me a headache dry throat

A cup of water on the dash ( not to drink) and the window cracked a bit is good cure for this as it put moisture in the air

Or place Kettle of water in front of night heater helps heat water for tea/coffee :laughing: :laughing: