This doesn't look good. RIP DriverS. [Merged]

:frowning:

Note the very first comment from “pete” after the second video…

What a mess. Hard to know what to say with something like this. Pointless pointing any fingers, just appreciate that it must be horrific for all involved then and in the aftermath.

Blimey! I’m pleased I wasn’t too late leaving work yesterday, I was less than 30 mins ahead of that incident if it happened at 18:20 as the BBC says.

EDIT seems like it’s still closed today, just been speaking to someone who was diverted from A1M to A19 within the last hour

When stuck behind something like this and glance to driver beside the you with his head in his hands , the bareface cheek to show signs of stress cos your gonna be late home for tea, R.I.P

Alfa1M:
When stuck behind something like this and glance to driver beside the you with his head in his hands , the bareface cheek to show signs of stress cos your gonna be late home for tea, R.I.P

How do you know it was that and not them being upset at what they were seeing?

Zac_A:
Blimey! I’m pleased I wasn’t too late leaving work yesterday, I was less than 30 mins ahead of that incident if it happened at 18:20 as the BBC says.

EDIT seems like it’s still closed today, just been speaking to someone who was diverted from A1M to A19 within the last hour

Coming up the A1 this morning it was on matrix that it will be closed until 18.00 today

Conor:

Alfa1M:

How do you know it was that and not them being upset at what they were seeing?

That’s a fair point. Nobody knows what is going through someone’s head.

Having said that I had to sit a speed awareness course the other day and whilst it was largely pointless with everything aimed at cars (which I get) there were a few interesting bits. One question was about reasons for speeding and what stresses a person out and most said when stuck in traffic or road delays and so on, until it got to me and they all found it amusing that I don’t really get stressed when driving at all. One guy who mentioned he starts getting angry I queried on whether it made the traffic/delay disappear to which we all know the answer will be no, and it was, so I just pointed out its pointless getting stressed abut things outside of your control and that’s why I, and many others, don’t get stressed.

Yeah, off track there but evidently people do get stressed.

Zac_A:

I was 20 mins in front of it going to Prudhoe.

There but for the grace of God…

Ken.

3 dead and driver arrested for dangerous driving.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-57860919

Three people have died in a crash on the A1(M) which involved six vehicles, police said.

Two lorries and four cars were caught up in the crash at Bowburn, County Durham, at about 18:20 BST on Thursday.

Durham Police said three people from two of the cars died at the scene.

A man, 41, who was driving one of the lorries has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, the force said.

A man who was driving a Toyota Hilux and a man and woman from a Vauxhall Crossland all died at the scene.

A police spokeswoman said formal identification was expected “to take some time” but families had been informed.

Several others were injured in the collision, with two people requiring hospital treatment, she said.

Rip to those that have died and thoughts to their family and friends.

Driver of truck as said has been arrested. But in that situation is fairly standard course of action regardless of any blame initially while the investigation goes on to establish the full facts.

The road is still closed

This is an accident hot spot often happens near this junction

RIP to those who lost there lives in this respect to all the services involved with this hope they are all ok

animal:
The road is still closed

This is an accident hot spot often happens near this junction

RIP to those who lost there lives in this respect to all the services involved with this hope they are all ok

Standing traffic? Looks like the one hgv took impact of the rest, horrific for the people in the Vauxhall that caught fire next to the cab of the tipper, how he got out of that cab alive is a miracle.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Just been announced another has lost there life from this accident

I hate to say it, but, those tipper drivers are lunatics, I’ve had no end of near missis with tipper trucks either rigid or artic. One came hurtling around a bend one day and the trailer was sliding into my lane, I really thought I was a gonner!! It may not have been his/her fault, seeing how they drive it wouldn’t surprise me!!

apple.news/A7-5PpU7vR6qvMBCf4ItpYw

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=169254

Stephenjp:
I hate to say it, but, those tipper drivers are lunatics, I’ve had no end of near missis with tipper trucks either rigid or artic. One came hurtling around a bend one day and the trailer was sliding into my lane, I really thought I was a gonner!! It may not have been his/her fault, seeing how they drive it wouldn’t surprise me!!

What a load of bollox. Same could be said for any hgv regardless of the trailer. I’ve seen more box jockeys driving like bell ends than tippers

Lol, I had a feeling someone would get upset. :stuck_out_tongue:

Night-and-day:

Stephenjp:

What a load of bollox. Same could be said for any hgv regardless of the trailer. I’ve seen more box jockeys driving like bell ends than tippers

I have to agree with Night and day here. Not all tipper drivers drive like idiots the same as not all HGV drivers drive professionally. Just the other night I witnessed a rigid tanker driver almost roll over on a roundabout because he was trying to beat the lights entered to fast and then put the thing on 2 wheels trying to make the corner. How he didn’t put the thing over is beyond me and I’m sure he needed new pants after that one. Its unfair to label a group of people as lunatics based on the actions of a few. Thats the kind of mentality that gets us all labelled as ■■■■■ and generates the hate we get everyday from joe public.