This doesn't look good. RIP DriverS. [Merged]

I agree that there are drivers on different tasks driving like “lunatics”, by far the majority I’ve come across, are tippers racing around tailgating cars other lorries all to get their bonus for an extra load, I even had one jump a red light on a blind junction nearly take me out.

Maybe its the area I deliver in that there seems to be alot of them, btw I drive a curtain side, I dare’nt go hammering around as I’d lose it out the side, even worse when I’m carrying ADR.

Perception really; anyone overtaking you is a loony, anyone holding you up is Miss Daisy.

Not a day seems to go by without a crash on a1 ( grantham / Newark area , we live nr cop / fire / ambulance station & there always piling up onto a1 , it’s strange as I’ve used that stretch for 30 yrs & can’t remember coming close to a accident , I’ve no idea what it is about the a1 but it does seem to get more than its fair share of big pileups

Stop ■■■■■■■■ on who’s good or who’s bad.
This thread was about a serious accident.
Found this about one of the victims,

aol.co.uk/news/tributes-pai … 48664.html

scottie0011:
http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=169254

I’ve just merged the two topics. :smiley:

pierrot 14:
Stop ■■■■■■■■ on who’s good or who’s bad.
This thread was about a serious accident.
Found this about one of the victims,

aol.co.uk/news/tributes-pai … 48664.html

RIP to those who perished, can’t be the nicest way to go, hope they knew very little about it.

I agree with what someone posted above, the fact that bulk driver is still breathing is nothing short of a miracle. Whether he is the arrested driver or otherwise that’s gonna be a hell of a thing to live with one way or the other.

Bulk tipper company is out of the Scottish Borders near Melrose, I guess the details will come out in due course.

Night-and-day:

Stephenjp:
I hate to say it, but, those tipper drivers are lunatics, I’ve had no end of near missis with tipper trucks either rigid or artic. One came hurtling around a bend one day and the trailer was sliding into my lane, I really thought I was a gonner!! It may not have been his/her fault, seeing how they drive it wouldn’t surprise me!!

What a load of bollox. Same could be said for any hgv regardless of the trailer. I’ve seen more box jockeys driving like bell ends than tippers

HOW VERY DARE YOU !!

Stephenjp:
I agree that there are drivers on different tasks driving like “lunatics”, by far the majority I’ve come across, are tippers racing around tailgating cars other lorries all to get their bonus for an extra load, I even had one jump a red light on a blind junction nearly take me out.

Maybe its the area I deliver in that there seems to be alot of them, btw I drive a curtain side, I dare’nt go hammering around as I’d lose it out the side, even worse when I’m carrying ADR.

You want to try strapping the load in then ?
I think you’ll find it’s the law now

s3amu5:

Night-and-day:

Stephenjp:
I hate to say it, but, those tipper drivers are lunatics, I’ve had no end of near missis with tipper trucks either rigid or artic. One came hurtling around a bend one day and the trailer was sliding into my lane, I really thought I was a gonner!! It may not have been his/her fault, seeing how they drive it wouldn’t surprise me!!

What a load of bollox. Same could be said for any hgv regardless of the trailer. I’ve seen more box jockeys driving like bell ends than tippers

I have to agree with Night and day here. Not all tipper drivers drive like idiots the same as not all HGV drivers drive professionally. Just the other night I witnessed a rigid tanker driver almost roll over on a roundabout because he was trying to beat the lights entered to fast and then put the thing on 2 wheels trying to make the corner. How he didn’t put the thing over is beyond me and I’m sure he needed new pants after that one. Its unfair to label a group of people as lunatics based on the actions of a few. Thats the kind of mentality that gets us all labelled as [zb] and generates the hate we get everyday from joe public.

Well said, but I have to say in the main tipper drivers are lunatics - but I think there is a valid cause; the way they are paid. IMO it should be outlawed to pay drivers by the load or whatever and furthermore I would like to see the law changed so that if you are driving a vehicle commercially your employer is aslo liable for your points and driving offences too. Would get rid of a lot of cowboys most of them larger operators!

So fed up with ■■■■■■■ operators expecting you the driver to ‘make up time’ for someone else’s benefit. Ridiculous. You dont see train drivers driving faster because they were late leaving station x to try and make up time it is illegal. Indeed the ‘black box’ fitted to trains means you’d get sacked.

Simple, driver sensibly, stick to the limits and get on with it.