This 40 mph demo

dont understand drivers only doing 40 on single carriage way …so there slowing down to 40 …im almost certain when i done my test…thats what the limit was and still is lol …

now sits in the corner and waits for the abuse

They are asking the ones which usually go over 40 on NSLs to keep to 40 (the limit) so that other motorists will get so fed up with it that they, and not the LGV drivers, will make a lot of noise about it and get the authorities to change things

We know that the authorities refuse to listen to LGV drivers on this issue but when it comes to the voting car drivers which are the majority then they are more likely to listen

I think that is what the intention is

And how right you are ROG motorists do get annoyed,frustrated indeed angry on occasions just because some lorry drivers have the nerve to drive at the
40mph speed limit.And have you noticed how many of those ‘slow coaches’ are emblazoned in TESCO logos,that is Tesco not doing very well at the mo by their
standards,could it actually be that Tesco’s business is being damaged by their lorries upsetting so many potential Tesco customers,they go somewhere else.
Just a thought!!!

the gwynedd shipping lads on the a49 dont know what 40 mph is,only when they pass it on the way to 56mph or theyre stuck behind culina…them lads are going to kill someone…i just hope its not me :neutral_face:

Now, now Clarkyboy just you calm down not so long ago we passed 40,then 56 on our way into the 70’s and we didn’t go round killing people even on the 49
so grow up!

Some people are able to just swan about at 40 all day… For the rest of us we need to be cracking on, smile when you see me overtaking you :slight_smile: .

ok maybe its not the speed then,maybe its the over taking manouvers!!!or sitting on your back bumper and constantly pulling out to look around

clarkyboy:
the gwynedd shipping lads on the a49 dont know what 40 mph is,only when they pass it on the way to 56mph or theyre stuck behind culina…them lads are going to kill someone…i just hope its not me :neutral_face:

I got passed by one on the A465 last night, no way he was going to do 40. Then saw the picture of the M4 crash yesterday morning, Tesco and Gwynedd trucks involved?

Saaamon:
Some people are able to just swan about at 40 all day… For the rest of us we need to be cracking on, smile when you see me overtaking you :slight_smile: .

SAFETY ASIDE … Which would you put FIRST?

The LAW (40 mph)
The JOB (cracking on)

Would the answer be the same if you … ?
had no points on the licence
had 9 points on the licence

Wildy:

clarkyboy:

I got passed by one on the A465 last night, no way he was going to do 40. Then saw the picture of the M4 crash yesterday morning, Tesco and Gwynedd trucks involved?

That’s it then, investigation over, job sorted.

i often get passed by trucks on the A5…out of crick going past the truckstop and up the blind hill with junctions either side…flat out…if something came over the hill i dont want to think about what might happen?just to save what?? 5 minutes??if that…to the dual carriageway where its safe to overtake?
does hooking up to an orange trailer with TNT on the side scramble the brainwaves??

A slow protest to raise the speed limit?
So in theory to speed the job up?
So in theory a job that takes 12 hours may take 11?

Go on lads, you can ■■■■ off wanting sympathy when your hours get dropped and the wage drops with it :unamused:

B1 GGK:
A slow protest to raise the speed limit?
So in theory to speed the job up?
So in theory a job that takes 12 hours may take 11?

Go on lads, you can [zb] off wanting sympathy when your hours get dropped and the wage drops with it :unamused:

And they wonder why the industry is going down the pan :laughing:

Saaamon:
Some people are able to just swan about at 40 all day… For the rest of us we need to be cracking on:) .

If this is meant seriously, WHY?

I just cannot see why any employed driver needs to crack on, unless it’s to cover up earlier non-driving time wasting, for which he has only himself to blame.

For those on trip, salary or job and finish who might wish to argue otherwise; I suppose the answer is simple - greed.

40 isn’t really fast enough for modern lorries but as long as it’s the limit there’s not much we can do about it. I certainly don’t understand why hourly paid drivers prefer to drive on the limiter, get right behind anyone in front of them hoping they can intimidate them into going faster. Only to be seen sitting in a layby or service area in the afternoon because they don’t want to carve the job up. I can’t work that out.

BB

Its funny because my journeys up the a9 have been alot quicker this week :slight_smile:

As I’ve said before. 40 is great on roads like the a35. However they are not all like that and some like the a75 have stretches which are wider than 3 lanes of a motorway . I’m not sure that the cracking on bit would work with any copper. I don’t stick to 40 but you have to think to yourself, whose license is more important ? Mine or the guy who works for a company who needs him to ‘crack on’ .

cav551:

Saaamon:
Some people are able to just swan about at 40 all day… For the rest of us we need to be cracking on:) .

If this is meant seriously, WHY?

I just cannot see why any employed driver needs to crack on, unless it’s to cover up earlier non-driving time wasting, for which he has only himself to blame.

For those on trip, salary or job and finish who might wish to argue otherwise; I suppose the answer is simple - greed.

And on the flip side: those who take full advantage of the lower speed limits are only thinking of road safety? Away and boil ya heed :laughing: :laughing:

The ones that peeve me most are the ones who sit at 44,(to use up the 10% as I was told by another driver)
And as far as the orange trailers are concerned Im sure it must be part of their contract to be foot down and brain in neutral

The worst of the lot are the sub human scum who sit at 40 on the single carriageway then hit the limiter on the dual tracks…