Thinking of starting a truck hire company

Just looking for some advice if any body work in truck hire. Thinking of mayb starting with a van.7.5 tonner and a tractor unit
Would I need insurance .what to charge .who to target for bussiness etc
I’m in ireland
Thanks

Tbh fella the market is flooded with hire places,our place could get hold of 20 units at the drop of a hat if needed.
Think you’ll be sat twiddling your thumbs waiting for the phone to ring tbh as most big companies will already have contracts set up with hire firms so I reckon all you’ll get is the odd day here and there off a owner driver whose own vehicle is off the road ect

tmt14:
Just looking for some advice if any body work in truck hire. Thinking of mayb starting with a van.7.5 tonner and a tractor unit
Would I need insurance .what to charge .who to target for bussiness etc
I’m in ireland
Thanks

don’t bother with insurance mate the tractor unit will only be worth about 80k
and the 7.5 t a lot less, so if they get nicked out of your yard it aint nowt to worry about, I would charge about 15 squid for the tractor n about 5 squid for the little one,try nolans breen or mceefrys or Virginia for business but don’t lower your prices no matter how much they beg
good luck in your adventure

Yea ill try Nolan good bunch a lads

Seems legit. I’d like to invest. Would you accept £100,000 for 5% of the business?

I’m Scottish so for that reason I’m oot :open_mouth:

Darb:
I’m Scottish so for that reason I’m oot :open_mouth:

Of money ,ideas, Scotch or the door !

you will be facing the wind with your todger out I`m afraid, the only people you will attract will be the “dodgy brigade”, just not worth the hassle.

so, I`m out :neutral_face:

am prepared to match contraflows offer but I would want 7.5%.

but only if you stick to stralis hire units.

I’ll offer 50p and I want 0% of the business because if you’re asking questions such as “Would I need insurance .what to charge .who to target for bussiness etc”, then you clearly have not got much of a clue about this type of business. :unamused: :unamused:

Give the guy a break lads, he’s Irish :slight_smile:

wing-nut:
I’ll offer 50p and I want 0% of the business because if you’re asking questions such as “Would I need insurance .what to charge .who to target for bussiness etc”, then you clearly have not got much of a clue about this type of business. :unamused: :unamused:

Im with wing-nut, your questions were a tad off putting, but Im sticking to my new year resolution…

“If I cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all”… :unamused: