Think my Snooper is on its last legs

Which is the cheap one on eBay that everyone on here raves about?

Thanks in advance :sunglasses:

What’s the problem ■■?

I have a s7000 and its great, I get the white screen now and again ? but great bit of kit.

As for the ebay ones my mate has one and swears by it. the one he has got was bought from the guy in Glasgow if that helps?

ricky61:
What’s the problem ■■?

I have a s7000 and its great, I get the white screen now and again ? but great bit of kit.

As for the ebay ones my mate has one and swears by it. the one he has got was bought from the guy in Glasgow if that helps?

just keeps freezing…its the original S2000 so maybe time for change

redbob:

ricky61:
What’s the problem ■■?

if it’s still the original software and nothings been changed on it,i would probably think the battery is on its way out causing the freezing.

So can anyone answer the original question? :laughing:

ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Truck-GPS-N … 51b5c22e07

something like this :smiley:

pretty sure they all use the same software (igo primo).

ive used the igo primo software on an old binatone a350 sat nav,cost me a quid on ebay for the unit and its nice software.

I got mine from navibuzz ,presently selling at £56.69 . no problems getting me where I want to go ,if you use a bit of common sense . it wants to take you off m6 and along a500 ■■ . also , and I imagine they are all the same they are suseptical to glare but the sunshade helps a lot. they aren’t top of the range but you aren’t paying top dollar either. all in all im happy with it . my mate borrowed it and couldn’t get away with it ■■ said it was too complicated ■■? :confused: hope this helps

thanks both ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I have one also.Happy with it for the price…Only thing I find a problem doing is updating the maps.Seems far to complicated.But that just might be me being thick.

Snooper have a new 1 out that’s caught my eye, and I’m a right cheapskate.

£299 for the new Snooper truck with DVR built in - ie, camera watching the muppets on the road.

My s2000 did exactly the same thing.loads of to and fro ing to snooper over xmas period with it .turned out it was the main board inside.snooper offered me a £20 discount on a new sat nav.thanks for nothing.
Got a cheap one off trucktables.co.uk. I think its a great bit of kit, others disagree.

Has anyone installed the Igo Primo iPad app, and if so how well does it work?

HoodyStoke:
My s2000 did exactly the same thing.loads of to and fro ing to snooper over xmas period with it .turned out it was the main board inside.snooper offered me a £20 discount on a new sat nav.thanks for nothing.
Got a cheap one off trucktables.co.uk. I think its a great bit of kit, others disagree.

This another reason I want a new one. Snooper wanted £25 for a new windscreen bracket and £75 for a map update…wtf■■?

Try Co Pilot Truck HD for Ipad. Ive been using it for 2 years and swear by it. Its not cheap at 130 and saving POIs is limited to100 places but the rest makes up for that. Ability to create multiple truck profiles is fab. No probs with bridges or weight/width limits.

Any questions, Fire away!

redbob:

ricky61:
What’s the problem ■■?

I had a lot of problems with mine freezing, but updating to the latest software sorted the problem. Software update costs money though.

Check here: snooperneo.co.uk/FirmwareSerialCheck.cfm

Still get the odd issue with it not picking up GPS though & have to reboot it about 10 times until I get any joy. Good bit of kit otherwise, but think i’ll be investing in a TomTom next time.

them e bay ones are cheap and nasty
you get what you pay for is what comes to mind
when you get in the cab after being tipped or doing a trailer change
your bound to forget to unplug it ,and start the engine
thats your 50 quid down the drain then
plus i notice it only takes 12v power ,more problems
plus i notice theres no traffic information
therefore i am in a position to recomend the tom tom truck sat nav
more expensive yes but like i say you get what you pay for and in this job you need something you can rely on
your on good money so dont be so tight like scotch people
tom tom truck sat nav comes with free traffic info for the 1st year
and for the next 15 or 20 years cos that is how long the device will last
you can get one of those RDS TMC chargers that give you free traffic info
thats what i use
i do the same route every night but always plug my tom tom in
not cos i dont know where i am going i have it there for the traffic info
tells me when a road on my route is shut and re routes me even if the closure is 100 miles away
then if the closeed road opens as i continue my journey it then re routes back to the original faster route
most useful is that if there are lanes closed on the motorway especially around ten pm there are long delays
the tom tom tells me how long i will be delayed and if i would like to sit in it or avoid the delay
i usually ignore it as i know my own diversions that i take depending on how long the sat nav says the delay is
so get one of the cheapo ones and kid yourself you are saving money
but if you want to save real money in the long run get the tom tom truck sat nav

Is there much difference between the latest tomtom (5150?) and the snooper s9000 ? other than the snooper having built in TV ?

To some extent i agree with villa.

Saaamon:
To some extent i agree with villa.

you know it makes sense :arrow_right: :exclamation:

i wouldn’t buy a 5150 i have sent mine back yes there well built traffic thingys great but routing is very suspect banbury to batley rather than m40 it takes you over and on the 361 is it hardly a truck friendly route and yes it was sett up correctly