Think my Snooper is on its last legs

bjd:
i wouldn’t buy a 5150 i have sent mine back yes there well built traffic thingys great but routing is very suspect banbury to batley rather than m40 it takes you over and on the 361 is it hardly a truck friendly route and yes it was sett up correctly

Thats why its important to combine a satnav with a truck map and general knowledge of the road network. Satnavs just mean you don’t have to right down the directions.

Saaamon:

bjd:
i wouldn’t buy a 5150 i have sent mine back yes there well built traffic thingys great but routing is very suspect banbury to batley rather than m40 it takes you over and on the 361 is it hardly a truck friendly route and yes it was sett up correctly

Thats why its important to combine a satnav with a truck map and general knowledge of the road network. Satnavs just mean you don’t have to right down the directions.

no i totally agree but still thats hardly a suitable truck route from a dedicated sat nav my old snooper didn’t offer that root i do think the tomtom is a well made device and good quality but i found the routing very poor which is why its gone back after all it can have all sorts of features but if its routing is poor what’s the point

waynedl:
Snooper have a new 1 out that’s caught my eye, and I’m a right cheapskate.

£299 for the new Snooper truck with DVR built in - ie, camera watching the muppets on the road.

Any link to this one or a model number ?

nedflanders:

waynedl:

£299 for the new Snooper truck with DVR built in - ie, camera watching the muppets on the road.

There you go

shop.snooperdirect.com/product2520186.html

Thanks fingermissing
Seems a good price for it does anyone know how many hours will a 32gb record and anyone on here using this particular model

looking at that one myself after a bad tomtom experience

villa:
them e bay ones are cheap and nasty
you get what you pay for is what comes to mind
when you get in the cab after being tipped or doing a trailer change
your bound to forget to unplug it ,and start the engine
thats your 50 quid down the drain then
plus i notice it only takes 12v power ,more problems
plus i notice theres no traffic information
therefore i am in a position to recomend the tom tom truck sat nav
more expensive yes but like i say you get what you pay for and in this job you need something you can rely on
your on good money so dont be so tight like scotch people
tom tom truck sat nav comes with free traffic info for the 1st year
and for the next 15 or 20 years cos that is how long the device will last
you can get one of those RDS TMC chargers that give you free traffic info
thats what i use
i do the same route every night but always plug my tom tom in
not cos i dont know where i am going i have it there for the traffic info
tells me when a road on my route is shut and re routes me even if the closure is 100 miles away
then if the closeed road opens as i continue my journey it then re routes back to the original faster route
most useful is that if there are lanes closed on the motorway especially around ten pm there are long delays
the tom tom tells me how long i will be delayed and if i would like to sit in it or avoid the delay
i usually ignore it as i know my own diversions that i take depending on how long the sat nav says the delay is
so get one of the cheapo ones and kid yourself you are saving money
but if you want to save real money in the long run get the tom tom truck sat nav

I had used TomTom for years but this time bought a cheap one off ebay. Personally I think its great! No issues with starting up while its plugged in, you can get them that run 12/24v but as they all use a USB charge it doesn’t really matter. I run mine from the 12v supply in my Scania thus eliminating any surge issues on start up. Tomtoms do not last for ever if you are using them every day! I was on my 4th in 8 years. The traffic info is a minus but in a truck it’s not always that useful as you will find that the other routes may not be suitable. Have had no issues regarding height, weight or width. Not as easy to use as the TomTom but also able to plan multiple stops so ideal if you do multi drop. Plus at £50 when someone nicks it and the company insurance doesn’t cover it, it’s not as bad as £300 lost on a Snooper!

fingermissing:

nedflanders:

waynedl:

There you go

shop.snooperdirect.com/product2520186.html

Tried to buy one of these seems they not available to buy yet