Thieving Truck Drivers

I once had the mattress pinched from my cab by a so called workmate. Luckily there was a brand new unit waiting in the paint shop so the fleet engineer gave me the mattress from that until a new one was supplied for it.
The guy who pinched mine was never found out by the management but we all knew who he was. I felt like getting in his cab and pssng all over the mattress, probably what he had done to his old one.

We also had a depot right by the slip road of the A59 and the M6 near Thelwall. One morning a driver came to work and found a tramp asleep in his cab and all his ciggies smoked.

terratology:
Ive only had a map go missing but someone had the toilet roll holder off the wall in the toilet at work oh and the battery clamps off the jump leads but left the lead bit?!

Intreeging weeerdd thats bissar

robinhood_1984:
The most bizzare thing was the metal spring from the inside of a pen.

Best one iv seen :slight_smile:, wonder what use they got out of that :unamused:

Had my inverter go walkies just after xmas. :smiling_imp:

Legend_Scania:

robinhood_1984:

Best one iv seen :slight_smile:, wonder what use they got out of that :unamused:

He probably took the pen to pieces as you do when your really bored and squeezed the spring in his hand and it flew off, i doubt anybody would nick the spring.

matizerSCANIAR480:

Legend_Scania:

robinhood_1984:

He probably took the pen to pieces as you do when your really bored and squeezed the spring in his hand and it flew off, i doubt anybody would nick the spring.

Does seem an odd thing to go to the bother of nicking when he could have just taken the whole pen itself.

Another bizzare instance in the same truck was one weekend the agency driver decided to remove the curtain from around the drivers side of the windscreen on my MAN and clip it up to the internal rails on the roof by the top bunk! Only the drivers side one and this was despite the fact there was already a set of full length internal curtains.

robinhood_1984:

matizerSCANIAR480:

Legend_Scania:

robinhood_1984:

Does seem an odd thing to go to the bother of nicking when he could have just taken the whole pen itself.

Another bizzare instance in the same truck was one weekend the agency driver decided to remove the curtain from around the drivers side of the windscreen on my MAN and clip it up to the internal rails on the roof by the top bunk! Only the drivers side one and this was despite the fact there was already a set of full length internal curtains.

Could it just be that truck what’s unlucky :slight_smile: :laughing:

Phone charger and pens, they were tucked away in the drawers which had clearly been rummaged through when I came back off holiday, now I clear everything out the can when I go on holiday.

Legend_Scania:
Could it just be that truck what’s unlucky :slight_smile: :laughing:

Not quite. Despite playing moving curtains, he also polished the dashboard so I was pleased over all as it saved me a job!

We share trucks where i work (no nights out) and you can leave wallets, cash, watches or any item of value and it will still be there next day. Leave anything edible or drinkable and it’s gone.

The cap of the add blue tank.

the bloody truck

my mate on the same job as i was doing was complaining about his fav sweet , jellie babies being emptied every night when he was on his changeover week . i told him to buy a big packet at southwaite on the way home , eat what he wanted from the bag and leave about half a dozen in the bag … but not before shoving the half dozen down the crack of his arse for a good scrub around …then deposit them back to the bag and leave it in the cab …the guy we suspected of the jellie baby thefts was confronted that afternoon by my mate and owned up to the theft of the sweets …his face was a picture when he was told last nights sweets had been down the shuck of my mates arse for a while …he duly puked up big time … :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: … but hey , there is nothing at all touched in our trucks now , guy learned his lesson :smiley:

bigvern1:
‘…Air freshener off the dash…’

When I encounter these offensive and chemically questionable abominations I stick them just poking out from under the passenger floor mat.

This places them furthest away from my sniffer and easy for the ‘owner’ (a soap-dodging minger?) to see when he does his pre-use checks seeing as the fleet keeps bits of essential kit in the pax footwell.

SmashedCrabFace:

MADBAZ:
…£50 for a new padlock…

You serious? Was it a solid gold, diamond encrusted padlock?

No just a container lock, but the way they check on it you’d think so, it’d be easier to nick the crown jewels.

Prescription Sunglasses, Pens, Fridge bars, diesel and a diesel cap. All in the last 6 months. Usual ole ‘they weren’t there when I had it’ line, yet I was driving it the day before. I drive the same truck 5 days a week and this other plank is on it one to two days on my days off.

Tail lift keys at our place… They are like gold dust!!
I swear you could leave your wallet phone and car keys in the cab and they would leave them and just take the tail lift key out the control box :imp:

If someone leaves their key in I always return it the next day,why would I want more than one?

gadge:
my mate on the same job as i was doing was complaining about his fav sweet , jellie babies being emptied every night when he was on his changeover week . i told him to buy a big packet at southwaite on the way home , eat what he wanted from the bag and leave about half a dozen in the bag … but not before shoving the half dozen down the crack of his arse for a good scrub around …then deposit them back to the bag and leave it in the cab …the guy we suspected of the jellie baby thefts was confronted that afternoon by my mate and owned up to the theft of the sweets …his face was a picture when he was told last nights sweets had been down the shuck of my mates arse for a while …he duly puked up big time … :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: … but hey , there is nothing at all touched in our trucks now , guy learned his lesson :smiley:

Reminds me of a story told to me by a friend a few years ago.
His dad was a slaughterman in Thos Borthwicks and was partial to boiled sweets.
On more than on occasion, when he went for his break, his sandwiches were untouched but a couple of sweets were missing.
One night he cut an abscess out of a cow,put in in a pack of sherbert bon bons . . never had any sweets nicked after that :laughing:

I will never eat a sherbert bon bon again as long as I live, pass the spew bucket. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was accused of nicking four pints of milk!
I accepted responsibility for this and explained that as the milk was a month old and now in a “solid state” I thought I was doing the driver a favour. I offered to find him a replacement but he turned me down… :unamused: